875 North Frank Reed Rd, Nogales, Arizona, 85621, United States

Nogales International Newspaper
Nogales-Santa Cruz County Chamber of Commerce
Nogales-Santa Cruz County Economic Development Foundation
Santa Cruz County

Cinderella? What or who is that?

by matcrazy1

Driving around Nogales I found this building with a story on a groundfloor as you can see on my picture. It's called La Cinderella. Hmm... I didn't know what Cinderella meant in English when I was there.

The original Cindirella was a girl in a traditional story who was badly treated by her family. Nowadays the word "Cinderella" is used to name someone or something that is given little attention or care, esp. less than they deserve. Hmm... Virtual Tourist still seems to be the Cinderella of the internet. Is it correct in my English? He?

Much more about Cindirella: click here

From my friend Linda (lmkluque) from San Diego, California:
The Story of Cinderella, by the Grimm Brothers, came with the immigrants from Europe and has been told to almost every child in the USA since. It is a story of good over evil. If you are interested you can read the full story here:
Cinderella
Disney has made a cartoon feature of the story--with literary license taken--and in this age, most children know Disney's version- but the message of the fairytale has been kept.

Thank you Linda :-)).

School buses

by matcrazy1

There are school buses painted in bright orange color in the USA. Haha, I liked them.
I could see probably the first school bus in the USA just in Nogales - look at my picture. Watch for them and give way to them when they enter traffic from a school bus stop. Stop when the bus stops with orange back lamps flashing.

Only swimming there?

by matcrazy1

It seems that there are not many sport activities in Nogales. I didn't see any people jogging or training any sport there.
There was a pool (outdoor) by Motel 6 when I slept but it was empty. Hmm... I didn't use it - no safe guard for me :-))).
It's hot area at least from May to October. No wonder that many accommodations offer an outdoor pools there.
Swim suit (no topless) for women or swimming shorts for guys.

Sacred Heart Church

by matcrazy1

Sacred Heart Church, located in Historic Nogales Main Street (on the right on my picture) was completed in 1928. It looked really impressive. The church reminded me some Spanish and... Italian churches. Am I wrong?

How to get there?
Driving south highway 19-Bus (N. Grand Ave.) turn right to W. Elm Street (on my pic) - the church is 150 yards (meters) on the right at 252 N. Rodriguez Street.

Comments