141 West Mariposa Road

Satisfaction Terrible

Good For No Data
  • matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Motel 6? What's that?

Motel 6 is quite popular chain of motels in the USA and Canadian province of Ontario.

My impressions about Motel 6 I slept in are bad and good:

Good: they are always in good locations for driving travellers, close to freeway exit, well marked at night and always clean. They are not expensive: usually $40-55 for double room including tax.

Bad: there is something wrong with people working there (or I wasn't lucky about it), a few times they were simply not sympathetic (especially late night), hmm... do they prefer to sleep than work at night like me? :-))).

Unique Quality: Amenities available at every Motel 6 location:
    - kids stay free
    - one well behaved pet welcome unless... they are prohibited by state law (which state don't like pets?) or ordinance
    - free HBO & ESPN
    - data ports
    - no motel charge for local and long-distance calls
    - free morning coffee (usually in a lobby)

Reservations:
    call free: 800-4-MOTEL6 (in English)
    call free: 1-877-467-7224 (in Spanish) or
    click here

From my friend ClarkRB from Sumter, South Carolina:
    Did you know they call it Motel 6 because it used to cost only $6? They should rename it Motel 41.99 :-)
    Haha, yes, they should. Matt.

Directions: On I-19 take exit 4 to SR-189 East = W. Mariposa Road, about 3/4 mile on the left, before junction with N. Grand Ave. (turn right to drive to a downtown).

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo

Unsympathetic service but...

Motel 6 is a quite popular and large motel chain in the USA.
    Motel 6 is located 3 miles (5 km) northeast of downtown Nogales. Hmm... I arrived in the middle of a night to Nogales and I was too tired to look for any better/other accommodation.

Motel 6 Nogales was economic and clean accommodation, easy to find but... surely not the best there.

First of all a lady in reception was not very sympathetic I could say. It happened to me 2 times more in Motel 6 later, so I decided to avoid this chain. Hmm... she looked like she was sleepy and hungry to have so late customers. She didn't want to give us a room we asked for - in a ground floor and for smoking - and she wanted me to pay in cash first. When I repeated firmly what I wanted she finally said hungrily OK, OK, OK and followed our expectations. She was simply unsympathetic - maybe she just had worse day or better to say night?

Unique Quality: TV-set (cable TV with HBO, ESPN and Weather Channel - my favourite channel during my USA trip hehe), telephone in a room (free local calls), no charge for long-distance call (= possibility to use my AT&T card to call home), small bathroom, two quite comfortable beds, rather small room but enough just for a few hours to sleep.

I paid $44.51 ($39.99 + tax) for double bed room there on a business day.

Comments