3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Satisfaction Average

Costs 87% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Lake Powell

by TripAdvisor Member BML

I was afraid what I would encounter at the Best Western Lake Powell after reading the many poor reviews, however, I was quite pleased with our one night stay. We arrived early and they made a great effort to accomodate us as soon as possible. The room was clean and in my opinion reached a high standard for Best Western hotels. Breakfast was not anything wonderful but it is free and you don't leave hungry. Staff was pleasant and helped arrange a tour to Antelope Canyon (spectacular!!). We also received free tickets to the Comedy Club across the street at the Quality Inn - good comedians that night from Vegas. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

Nice room & Pool, terrible breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member jonstanford

Stayed for 3 nights in April 2006. Staff at check-in quite casual. Only one elevator - could see this being a problem when they have large groups in. Pool area quite attractive, water very cold though. Breakfast terrible. Served in the lobby, too small. Not much effort in presentation, bread & bagels left in wal-mart bags they were bought in! No waffles/danishes or fresh fruit. Shame as this lets the hotel down. Room was clean & spacious, no problems here. The town of Page is quite quirky, quite liked it. There's a Dennys nearby as an alternative for breakfast. A few take-out places and a few restaurants. Good location for Glen Canyon & Lake Powell.

Very nice

This was a nice place to stay. There is another best western directly next to this one with possibly a better view but it is dependent on the room you can get. The pool was clear and cool on this very hot day! We enjoyed this stay.

HORRIBLE!!! TAKE YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!!!

On July 1st my entire family arrived in Page for a weekend of fun. However we arrived early, around 1:00 PM. We knew we couldn't check into our rooms via the signs posted everywhere letting us know check in wasn't until 4:00 PM. We decided to ask the receptionists to let us register before we went to the lake. (We have stayed in other hotels and waited to check in and were "bumped" because we were the last check in) This was not going to happen to us again. The receptionist registered both rooms and we paid for both rooms. We left and went about our day. We arrived back to the hotel around 9PM went to the front desk got our room keys and proceeded to the rooms. As I put my key in the door it didn't work. (No big deal, I actually work at a hotel and know how things are) I went to the desk to have her recode the key. She checked my name and seemed a little confused but proceeded in giving me the key. I went back to the room only to find someone else was in that room. The television was on, clothes everywhere etc... I went back to the desk along with my mom and brother. Some guy with a cowboy hat was helping the girl at the desk try to find the "mistake" In the meantime as I am standing at the desk two other guests came down with complaints they didn't have enough bedding, or they had been waiting for something. This to me seems a bit ridiculous! I am a front desk clerk and I know how things are, but seriously this made me think the hotel was run very poorly. FINALLY after a half hour, the guy with the hat found the problem, someone gave our room to a lady previously in the day who just so happened to be registered for a smoking room (which was all they had left) Joy for us, WE GOT THE SICK SMELLY ROOM!!! Oh, and guess who did it! The first girl who gave me the key! DON'T STAY THERE!!! Infact the people in Page were horrible, I have never seen such rude customer service anywhere!!!

Okay experience.

by TripAdvisor Member brneyes514

Average hotel. Basic room. Check in/check out was okay, but young girls at front desk were not very helpful or knowledgeable about the area and couldn't answer basic questions. They took my credit card for for a pnone deposit. When I tried to make a long distance call I got the front desk and they told me they needed a deposit. I told her I had already given them my card and wouldn't give it to them again. She seemed confused and said okay,. and the problem was fixed.

No where good to eat in town. Stromboli's had good Italian food, but other restaurants were not up to par. Breakfast was average, no hot items, the room was packed and not enough room or seating. We ended up going somewhere else.

Pool was very plain, but clean and very inviting since it was about 110 degrees out.

Okay for a night, but we probably wouldn't stay here again and certainly not for more than one night.

Just bad enough that it can't be recommended

by TripAdvisor Member NCFamily5

We stayed 2 nights. If it weren't for so many problems this hotel could be tolerable. But from the following, you can see why we could not recommend this hotel. We were given the wrong room type. (Supposedly the air conditioner was broken in the room type that we reserved.) The room itself stank. It smelled like they tried to cover up some other problem with a room deodorizer. There was no bedding for the pull out sofa. When we got the bedding, it had a twin blanket and no pillow. We were told that they were out of double sized blankets. After a 2 tries, we got a pillow. There was no remote for TV. (We were told that that TV didn't have a remote.) On the second night, our keys stopped working. Had to get them rekeyed. The ice machine was broken. The front desk personnel were not rude, but seem disengaged. TRY SOMEWHERE ELSE IN PAGE.

Buffet breakfast ? You've got to be kidding !

by TripAdvisor Member Celtique

Clean good sized room but the breakfast is a joke.
In thelobby, not enough table/chairs, plastic silverware, paper plates, poor choices and bread still in the plastic bag....

uninviting swimming pool.

Glad it wasonly for one night. Anything had to be better.

Positive note: good restaurant directly across the street

poor poor poor

by TripAdvisor Member pooh8

Booked 2 nights at this Hotel for a party of 8 stayed only one night, tried to book out immediately upon arrival but they would not give us our money back for the first night. Rooms were tired, and felt dirty, staff not helpful regarding the desire to move out, internet said there was a pool and jacuzzi open, they were not open. Breakfast was very poor, oatmeal not cooked, old looking bagels, and not much of an area in the lobby for eating this delight!!

Booked into the Holiday Inn Express for the following night and the staff were charming and very helpful, rooms were clean and crisp, breakfast was served in a nice room with some nice choices.

Nothing good...Nothing bad

by TripAdvisor Member chris036

At the end of Page there are 2 Best Western Hotels, this is the first you find if you have driven through town. It is nothing special. My room (203) was at the far corner overlooking the pool area and was clean, modern, with 2 double beds, air con, large TV, coffee maker and toiletries.

The hotel is a little dark and odd to walk around, there are a couple of ways to get in (need key card luckily), the breakfast room is fairly compact - and so is the choice. But the gent serving was amusing, and promoted the homemade oatmeal (porridge) which I actually liked. There isn't much on offer, lots of bread and bagels, but it's unattractive to see, and plastic plates/cutlery does nothing to improve it.

The pool was cold in May despite being very warm outside, but I did make use of the hot tub which was great. Towels are available from the lobby and the pool area is also secure entry by room key card.

At least the parking is plentiful and free, and there are some great things to see in the area (Antelope Canyon, Lake Powell, Horseshoe Curve), so I think a 1 night stopover would be the norm for people staying at this hotel.

Travel Diary-Road trip - South-Western USA - Part2

by AndreSTGT

"9th day"

In the morning we made a picnic in the Joshua Tree national park with its bizarre rock formations and Yucca palm trees. Then on to the desert metropolis of Phoenix on the I-10. The city is tidy, modern, hot, has an attractive skyline and exactly 9 historical buildings on Heritage Square.
On to Scottsdale, a luxurious residential area and resort with a boutique-and restaurant-lined main street, where we had an outstanding and authentically spicy Thai meal at Malee's on Main.

Accommodation

Ramada Inn Valley Ho; on Main Street, nice resort hotel with decent rooms and a huge balcony.

"10th day"

Along I-7 through interesting scenery to the tourist trap of Sedona, beautifully located between red rocks.
On through the nice Oak Creek Canyon to the attractive town of Flagstaff, where we had a pretty decent and reasonably priced lunch at the Down Under New Zealand restaurant (!).
After that we went on to Tusayan, not far from south entrance of the Grand Canyon national park.

Accommodation

Best Western Squire Inn; the rooms here were even more comfortable than in other Best Western hotels. Not far from Grand Canyon and accordingly very expensive.

"11th day"

Grand Canyon!
There are the temples of Angkor, the Eiffel Tower, the Taj Mahal and the Halong Bay.
The Grand Canyon plays in same league. It's just as impressive and gorgeous.
The 13 km West Rim Trail has got to be one of the most beautiful hiking trails in the world; it mostly leads directly along the rim of the Canyon with incredible views, and it's only heavily frequented near the Grand Canyon Village.

"12th day"

In the morning we drove along the east rim of the Grand Canyon, which offered once more wonderful views, especially from the watchtower in Desert View.
On through Indian territory, past another little Canyon to Page, the only bigger settlement in this area close to scenic and huge Lake Powell.
Good, Italian dinner at the Bella Napoli restaurant in Page.

Accommodation

Best Western Lake Powell; the usual quality rooms.

"13th day"

Qualitatively as well as quantitatively the most scenically beautiful day of our trip. From Page to Monument Valley, whose terrific rock formations we could admire on an unpaved 17 miles loop. Besides that one can hardly find a more fascinating place to make a picnic. Continuing via Mexican Hat to Highway 261, which winds up, partly as a gravel road with serpentines, onto a high plain offering tremendous views.
Highway 95 to Hanksville was scenically hardly less spectacular, especially at the other end of Lake Powell.
Continuing through Capitol Reef National Park with its colorful rock formations and on to Highway 12, a fantastic road which starts out leading through 3000 m high alpine landscape and continues through great canyons and rock formations finishing at Bryce Canyon.

Accommodation

Western Town Resort near Panguitch ; as the name implies this resort resembles a western town and is made of wood. Pretty corny, but the rooms are quite comfortable

"14th day"

In the morning breakfast in the historical village of Panguitch, which surprisingly wasn't a tourist trap, then on to Bryce Canyon.
After all the magnificent landscape we went through yesterday I already feared that Bryce Canyon might not be special anymore. I was wrong, the rock formations here are incredibly gorgeous and bizarre and completely different to anything we've seen before.
The great thing here is that you can hike to the bottom of the Canyon relatively easily (even though the Navajo trail is strenuous) and thus admire the whole thing from a different perspective.
After Bryce Canyon, in the afternoon, we took the deserted, unpaved Cottonwood Canyon Road to Grosvenor arch in order to escape the tourist hype and to make a picnic.
Dinner in Panguitch at the Cowboy?s Smoke House, a tacky country steakhouse; there wasn't much to choose from in Panguitch. The food, however, was surprisingly good.

"15th day"

From Panguitch to Zion National Park.
As opposed to the other highlights in the Southwest, Zion is of interest primarily because of its fantastic hiking trails in impressive mountain scenery. We did two rather small hikes, which were both beautiful, but incredibly busy.
The highlight was wading in the river beneath the giant rock plateaus after the Canyon had narrowed at the end of the Riverside Walk.
Dinner in St. George, an attractive "city" (by Utah standards).
The JJ Hunan Chinese restaurant was located on Ancestor Square, a pleasant old quarter with the restaurants and boutiques. The food was fine, if somewhat pricey.

Accommodation

Ramada Inn; comfortable rooms, a bit away from the city center.

"16th day"

We took Highway 15 through the deserted, fascinating landscape of the Arizona Strip.
Passing Las Vegas, on to Highway 95, one of those godforsaken roads through the arid vastness of Nevada to the desert town of Beatty.
From there it was only a few more miles to Death Valley, this surreal, hot, but yet somehow fascinatingly beautiful desert.

Accommodation

Furnace Creek Ranch; situated in the heart of Death Valley below sea level. Like with most places, that are located within the borders of a national park, the rooms here are extremely expensive and nothing special, if certainly not bad.

Comments