Budget Inn Page

1 out of 5 stars1 Star

121 South Lake Powell Boulevard, (Formerly "Budget Host Inn"), Page, Arizona, 86040, United States
Knights Inn Page AZ
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 88% more and rated 40% lower than other 1 star hotels

More about Page

JumpingMARIAN, Vter bulusan, Page, ArizonaJumpingMARIAN, Vter bulusan, Page, Arizona

Old boiler on the trailOld boiler on the trail

Welcome sign for youWelcome sign for you

Brochure on raftingBrochure on rafting

Antelope Canyon--2009 information

by SandiM

I will be in Page next week and want to visit Antelope Canyon. I visited in 2005 want to do it all over again with the proper camera! I seem to recall my mother and I simply drove southeast along Hwy 98 and pulled off the road into a parking lot. There, we paid $20 and got loaded onto a flatbed truck by the guides and toted out to the canyon proper. There were no advance reservations etc etc. Is this still the same? I see that there are numerous websites saying that you need a guide and reservations etc etc, so what would happen if we once again simply drove off the road into the parking lot? Also, I wanted to do Water Holes Canyon in the same day--too much hassle? do I need a guide or is there a place to simply drive off the road, park, pay a fee and then see the Canyon? If so, can someone give me directions and I'll map it. Thanks!

by bocmaxima

Antelope Canyon is run by the Navajo Nation, so it's subject to their rules. I'm sure that you can just drive up and get on a tour, but you'd risk that tour being full and having to wait for a while. It's probably best to book beforehand.
But you cannot go into Antelope Canyon without a guide. That's just how it works.
Water Holes, however, is less well-known, and you can go in without a guide after you purchase a permit from the tribal parks offices.

by ejagape

Hi,
I hope I'm not too late in answering your question. The cost for Antelope Canyon is running about $35 now. I would suggest reservations if you are going, because the tourists are here in the hundreds now, and you'll want to be sure to go during the noon hour, when the sun is directly overhead for those dramatic sun ray shots.

I would also suggest Waterholes Canyon...I've gone 3 times in the last few months and love it. You have to get a pre-paid permit from the booth at Antelope Canyon from the Navajos running the stand. (they don't open until 9 or a bit after) It is $6 per person, and Waterholes is an "on your own" hike. There is a place to park on the side of 89, but it is easily missed. It's hard to explain exactly where it is...sorry! Do ask a local travel/tour guide place, and they can mark it on a map for you.

Waterholes takes about 3 hours to do, and be sure to take plenty of water. You have to scuttle down a fairly steep cliff to get to the bottom of the canyon, so hopefully you are not 70+ and needing a cane. :)

Enjoy your trip! Erin

by SandiM

You weren't late replying however I forgot to double-check for replies before I left! I did get to Antelope (at noon!) however I missed out on the WAterholes. I was told by a couple of outfitters that you cannot access waterholes by yourself--they were quite adamant. Secret Canyon Hummer Tours offers tours for this area, and the rates are reasonable (I picked up the brochure!). Still, had a lovely time and will be putting photos on my pages in the near future. Since I will likely go back one day because I really must do Waterholes, I will keep your information in mind. Thanks!

by ejagape

Hey Sandi,
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip, but when you come back, please don't think that you have to have an outfitter take you to Waterholes. You do have to pay $6 to get a permit to hike, because it's on the rez, but there's no need to pay a guide to take you. We just picked up our permits at Antelope Canyon at the kiosk and drove on out. Anyway, have a great summer! Erin

by SandiM

erin--good to know for next time! What was the level of difficulty navigating Water Holes Canyon? I'm not as limber as I used to be and I'm usually dragging my 72 yr old mother around. Is there lots of climbing or are there stairs etc etc? And where exactly was it located? I tried google maps and couldn't pinpoint it. Thanks!

Travel Tips for Page

The middle of nowhere but the center of nature....

by mafootje

It's really unbelieveable how many wonders of nature you can find on a short distance of your hotel...

There are lakes, winding rivers, scenic overviews, spectacular caves it's worth the drive and better to stay longer as we did... After diner we decided to drive around, we parked our car about 10 minutes from our hotel and got some great pictures of the Glenn Canyon dam and it's surroundings..

Okay! Vere Chee you are the town Clown.

by Grazina

Yes, I do like to get into my comfortable clothes and play with the kids, at heart I'm just a big kid myself.
I don't wear makeup to often but when I do I kind of over do it ;o) That I can take time out of my busy schedule and entertain, I always wanted to be an entertainer when I was a kid.

Navajo Mountain- Pioneers Day

by n8iv1981

Just want to inform those interested in the Annual Event at Navajo Mountain will be the 1st weekend of August. Hope to see you there. The more , the Merrier! Don't forget your shade(umbrella, hat, canopy, etc.) , cuz you will need it!

Rodent on the road to Navajo Mountain.

by Grazina

Look very closely, the critter is a yellow plastic dinosaur, it was sitting in the back of my pick-up truck and Grazina pull it out and placed it on the road and took a picture of it. It's very interesting how her mind works.

Sunshine Laundry coin operated.

by Grazina

A backpack, Fishing pole, swimming trunk, your boat if you have one...if not you can rent, mountain bike 21 speed, and your smile. Bring your golf clubs we have an 18 hole golf course just right off the rim of the Page Mesa. Summer would be casual wear...short & t-shirt, nice strap dress. To swim in bikini, speto, or swimming trunks. Boots for hiking or mountain biking shorts... to bike around the whole Page Mesa. If you have a boat, by law now you need to bring your own por-ta-pod-te. Camera and Film and we do have a Wal-Mart. Tent, we have a camp ground at Wahweap or K.O.A. camp ground, and you can even camp out at Lone Rock Beach. Bring you Boat, waterski, waterboard, seadoo, jetski and wood for your camp fire, remember Page is curse and has no forest or wild tree..you'll see when you get out here. And so when you get all these clothes that your bring up to Page, after a week or so they will get dirty, so you need a laundry and with that do bring plenty of quarters for washing and dry. We do have 3 laundry mats in Page.

Comments