Lake Powell Suites
1093 Tower Butte Ave, Page, Arizona, 86040, United States
More about Page
picture taken from the Glen Canyon dam
Ruts in the road-unstable
Eagles are flying high
Natural wall cut out by river-Navajo bridge
I will be visiting Page area in about a week from now and I would appreciate some advises from you, fellow VTs:
1. Can you recommend a local tour company for visiting the Antelope Canyon?
2. I was told that Antelope Canyon is very crowded at noon and for appreciating the full beauty of such places, Canyon X should be preferred; is it true or just yet another marketing tale?
3. For visiting the Rainbow Bridge, a reservation is essential or can it be done on spot - the same day or a day before? Any recommendations regarding the cruise and the last mile walk?
4. Any other recommendations about Page area?
RE: Page attractions
from what I recall about Antelope Canyon is that you just show up, there's a tour operator there, and you'll get a ticket w/the time of the tour.
that might be the easiest.
there's not much in Page at all...although I do remember having one of the best hamburgers ever (I'm not kidding...sort of like In-n-Out burgers, but sort of better) in the small shopping center...the one with the supermarket. (ok...I'm more of a foodie than a nature girl....)
Lake Powell is incredibly weird, I thought. This big body of water in the middle of the dessert. Oh, and you may also want to check out the John Wesley Powell Museum in town to get a bit more context.
All and all, not terribly much to do in the Page area...
hope this helps, at least somewhat!
Travel Tips for Page
Sailing through the desertsand and redrocks
The combination of the outstretches arms of water inside the desertcountry strucked me. First we didn't know about this huge (barrage)lake that is created by the Navaho-dam near Page. Therefor the sight of a large car pulling a sailingyaught through a wide desert-wasteland, made us laugh out loud. At the lake itself we wished that we pulled the boat here. Boattour to the Rainbow-bridge, wind in the hair, sun in the clear blue sky.
COME AND ENJOY THE GREAT OUTDOORS
MOSTLY BOATING AND HIKING...GOOD EXERCISING FOR THE WELL NATURED PERSON. THAT IT'S NICE AND QUIET, SLOWMOTION, AND YOU CAN RELAX AND ENJOY LIFE...OH YES, YOU CAN EVEN SEE THE STARS TWINKLE IN THE SKY AT NIGHT.
Love is in the air.
It was always a lesson taught to not marry a white man, that it would bring "taboo" or that you would die within the year. NOT!!!!!
With this story told to so many young Navajos in the turn of the century it's a no wonder that we are still a pure Tribe. But very few didn't listen to their parent and went ahead and married into the white nation....here is my auntie who married Scott Roberts from Michigan and this picture was taken in 1969. So in order to make her parents, my grandmother happy about the whole situation, they married the Navajo way. So you see them in the Navajo traditional outfits.
Navajo Taco the main ingredient "NAVAJO FRY BREAD"
When coming to the REZ (Navajo Reservation) one must try the Native food.
But please do NOT do as "Ajo" (he's from Germany) did. Let me explain....
The custom is to have the fry bread nice and hot, then you put on homemade chili on top of that, next your cheese (American Cheese please), on top of that your tomatoes, then onions, last is lettuce...BUT, it's up to you, if you like hot salsa then that is the most last ingredient.
Water is very important in this region.
* A backpack
* First Aid kit
* Flash light
* Walking stick * Light jacket
* Nice comfortable hiking boots
* Hat or Cap * Sunscreen
* ibuprofen or asprin
* Toilet paper w/ ziplock bag (keep American beautiful) * Camera / films
* And the right time of the day. To get the awesome color on the rock would be morning and sunset. * Tent
* Food Anywhere in Page area you will come across some awesome trail or off the beaten path away from the main town so you would need to make a list of what would be important to take with you so your not always driving those extra mile back into Page.
View all Page hotels
View all Page hotels
Latest Page hotel reviews
- Lake Powell Motel
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 9, 2014
- Courtyard Page at Lake Powell
- 474 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 10, 2014
- Red Rock Motel
- 71 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Page Boy Motel
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 5, 2014
- Lake Powell Resort
- 680 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 9, 2014
- Days Inn And Suites Page/ Lake Powell
- 589 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2014
- Glen Canyon Lodge
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 30, 2013
- Super 8 Page Lake Powell Area
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 12, 2014
- Best Western Arizona Inn
- 138 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Best Western Lake Powell
- 372 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 13, 2014
- Americas Best Value Inn
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 19, 2014
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Powel Hotel
- 236 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 7, 2014
- Motel 6 Page
- 127 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Dreamkatchers Lake Powell Bed & Breakfast
- 187 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2014