Linda's Lake Powell Condos

19 Tower Butte, Page, Arizona, 86040, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Page

JumpingMARIAN, Vter bulusan, Page, ArizonaJumpingMARIAN, Vter bulusan, Page, Arizona

Sunken steamboat in the riverSunken steamboat in the river

Dominguez monumentDominguez monument

Group setting up to raftGroup setting up to raft

Coyotte Buttes/The Wave

by michael89

I was planning this stop on my trip but I've seen that this place is highly restricted (10 visitors/day). Should I plan it anayway and take the chance that I get the permit or not? Also if I was to get the permit how easy is it to trek to The Wave (I read that there was no indicated trail to get there). This place look fabulous and I wouldn't want to miss it but I think it would be more disapointing to plan it and not being able to get there. I hope some of you can help me.

Re: Coyotte Buttes/The Wave

by ejagape

Hi there,
It is not easy to get a permit. I'm sure you've already looked online at the park service website and seen that advance permits are already filled through November.
Basically, you have to be out at Paria at the ranger station at 8 a.m. Everyone puts their name in and they draw out numbers. I think when we went last week there were 32 numbers put in. If your number gets drawn, you can go THE NEXT DAY.
It is also a 3 mile hike just to get to the Waves, over sand and rocks. I think it's definitely doable, just as long as you know what you're in for and are considering the temperatures, the sun, the elevation if you're not used to it, etc.
I think you could go out one morning and see if you get lucky on the draw, and if you don't, then do the Toadstool Hike, and possibly go down House Rock Valley and do a hike out there. They are both wonderful places to hike and you wouldn't "lose out" on a day at all if you ended up hiking there. In House Rock, I suggest Wire Pass ($5 pay at the box). It has some neat slot canyons, and a bit of scrambling (3-6 foot drops) to hike on in. There are some pictographs down where the river T's out, and you can choose which direction to go from there. It's certainly a nice hike--about 1/2 mile to get into the narrows, though, just as an fyi.
And, you could also try Waterholes, which is my personal favorite near Page. See the forum post below for more info.
Any of these would be good concessions if you aren't able to get drawn to hike the Wave.
Enjoy!
Erin

Travel Tips for Page

Lake Powell

by mikehanneman

Lake Powell is always OK - whether you want to jump on a boat or just relax and take in the view! Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Lake Powell, colored rocks, quaintness of Page, and the people of Page!

enjoy the landscape around.

by Wizard_of_AZ

Okay, the city is not what I would describe as a very nice city.
But the landscape around is a dream for every photographer or people who simply love the great outdoors.

In summer there are native American dances performed in the evening in front of the city hall

Summer SUNRISE

by Grazina

To be up with the sun and gather ones self and plan the day. The Navajos always face the east and give thanks (PRAY) to the CREATOR for a new day, to go before me, be behind me, and all around me, above me and below me...AMEN. That it's nice and peaceful, you can even hear the lizards yawn.

Come one come all.

by Grazina

You don't have to be Navajos to come out and have a good time at the Pioneer Day, as you can see I invited my dearest lithuanian friend Grazina, and 3 other European guys that were at the youth hostel in Page. They had a great time and took back memorys.

Sun, Sun, and more Sun!!!

by marider111

Wide-brimmed hats - There are no trees to shade you during the summer.
"Water-shoes" - the swim beach is rocky A Gallon of SP45 Sunscreen or more Bring extra film - there's so much to photograph RV's, Tents, Large Umbrellas for the beach, extra drinking water

Comments