225 West Baristo Road, Palm Springs, California, 92262, United States
Hotels.com Tingo.com Venere.com

More about Del Marcos Hotel Palm Springs

Loved the Del Marcos Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member buddhaful2

We just recently stayed at the Del Marcos Hotel and had a fabulous time. We had just come from the Del Coronado Hotel the month prior and this hotel was so much more kid friendly. We have a 3 year old daughter and the Del Marcos is wonderfully condusive for young children. The pool is kept very warm and we swam for hours along with other children whom we met. The rooms are clean and offer kitchenets which, for us, is necessary. The hotel manager named Jack is both personable and very attentive to everyone's needs. The hotel rests at the bottom of the Palm Springs mountain range which makes for a specatucular view. I highly recommend this hotel for any couple or family who is looking for a low key, quiet little getaway.

Loved the Del Marcos

by TripAdvisor Member mlipps

I have averaged once a year for the last 4 years staying at the Del Marcos in Palm Springs. I keep meaning to write the hotel direct and found this site re: another search and I thought this a very convenient opportunity to give my thoughts on this hotel.
If you are looking for a very pleasant, quiet yet conversational hotel to spend a weekend or more in Palm Springs PLEASE TRY THE DEL MARCOS HOTEL. Very close to shops, dining, hiking. Each room is literally a piece of 50'S art and the pool inviting. If you are looking for an attendant to tip every few minutes or the hustle bustle of a marble floored lobby then not for you. QUIET, CHARMING, SOCIAL, ROMANTIC, and the absolutely perfect place to enjoy with a few other couples. Since only 16 rooms you could literally own this place for a weekend with close friends. The service is terrific.
Anyway, I will be there again in November 2008. cant wait.

a desert gem!

by TripAdvisor Member palmsprinngs

MARCH 2008
We just stayed the weekend at the beautiful and funky Del Marcos Hotel in Palm Springs.
My family had a great time and everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful.
Rooms were clean and decorated nicely.
Excellent location...Can't wait to go back!

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member groi

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I booked a suite at the Del Marcos hotel. The reviews were good and I was hopeful. Let me tell you, The Oceans 11 suite has seen better days.

This unit had a kitchen in which the vinyl floor was splitting and lifting up from the floor boards. The cupboards and tile counter were old and in need of replacement and the entire kitchen needed to be repainted for you could see were they touched up certain parts of the walls because the colors of painted didn’t match. I had to clean the top of the fridge were the cleaning staff couldn’t reach and the garbage disposal never worked.

The rest of the unit had carpeting that was stained and needed to be either cleaned or replaced. The holes, dents and dings to the walls were just painted over but really needed to be patched, sanded and then repainted.

I read on this site that the all the bathrooms were redone. This is true but the bathroom door needed to be sanded down for it always stuck and was hard to open and the paint on the walls had extensive bubbling from moisture.

The front door was also a very tight fit when closed and required much effort to open.

Some very simple fixes and hard work could transform this suite but for what I experienced it was not worth the money.

Fantastic Weekend Get a way

by TripAdvisor Member sugarkell

We recently stayed at the Del Marcos hotel and had the very best time ever! We loved the new bathrooms and had the opportunity to peek into several rooms. They all were unique and had an authentic mid century modern feeling. We loved sitting out by the fire pit at night and drinking our wine while getting to know other guests. There was a great and hip crowd there and we made some cool new friends. The location can't be beat. We never got into our car once we arrived. We walked to Las Casuelas, Spencers and LGs for dinner and walked to the mountains behind the hotel for an amazing hike. The pool was super warm and inviting. We loved getting a glass of wine upon checking in and felt very welcomed by Jack and his dog Charlie. We had great night sleeps in their cozy beds too. Overall The Del Marcos is one of the best kept secrets, it was one of the easiest get a ways we have ever had!

Great Vibe

by TripAdvisor Member LM1234

Great environment, great people perfect location. Jack makes everyone feel as though it's his or her own place. Had huge deluxe room, funky cool styling (don’t expect a plasma on the wall) and very comfortable bedding. Walking distance to all of downtown PS and all the restaurants and bars. Pool was heated to 90 degrees! Don't pass this place up if you like the old Palm Springs vibe (Sinatra, Martin and gang playing all day long poolside).

An architectural Gem

by TripAdvisor Member Reggie3cl

The Del Marcos is situated in a quiet area a block from the main strip (Palm Canyon Road) in Palm Springs. It's a striking Mid Century Modern building built around a very pleasant pool. 'Rat Pack' music plays from hidden speakers through the day which helps create a nice atmosphere. The backdrop of towering mountains is amazing. The rooms are simple but clean and everything worked. There is a fridge in the room, but I don't recall a coffee maker- why are American hotel's and B&Bs so stingy with the hospitality trays (and breakfast)? The co-owner was very hospitable and gave us some interesting and useful information on Palm Springs architecture.

Cool Retro Vibe

by TripAdvisor Member tradesurf

I grew up going to PS in the 70s. The vibe back then was all about a 50s style Hollywood annex. This hotel captures that spirit. If your looking for the Ritz, don't come here. This is simple, retro, old school Palm Springs. The staff is very friendly and the hotel and grounds make me feel like I was back there. The rooms are cool, with 50s style furniture and art.

Palm Springs Charm At Its Best

by TripAdvisor Member LizardKing39

The Del Marcos brings true Palm Springs flavor back to life from the good old days when Palm Springs was a playground for legends like Frank Sinatra, James Dean, Bob Hope, etc etc etc.. This boutique hotel looks and feels like a scene straight out of a movie. I was welcomed by a stylish lobby, friendly staff and felt like I stepped right in to a page of a magazine when I entered the pool area and headed to my room. Basking poolside all day washed away all my stresses from my day to day Los Angeles life. The hotel is walking distance to many renowned restaurants, swanky night clubs and top notch shopping. My room was large, comfortable and practical with a full refrigerator and many extra amenities to make me feel like I was at home. I have no reason to ever stay anywhere else in Palm Springs and would recommend the Del Marcos a thousand times over to anyone visiting the Palm Springs area who is looking for the a true Palm Springs experience.

Incredible, quaint, fun hotel in Palm Springs

by TripAdvisor Member Bernie_8

This is an AWESOME hotel! My wife and I had the opportunity to get away for the weekend, found this small, boutique hotel off the strip and were quite pleased. The staff was great, the rooms were very well done, very comfortable, great beds and the bathrooms were like new! The saltwater pool was relaxing and offered us the opportunity to relax with very little disruption. It was very close to great restaurants, all within walking distance and real easy to get in and out of....a sleeper pick and I highly recommend this hotel

Humming BirdHumming Bird

Humming birdHumming bird

Beautiful FlowersBeautiful Flowers

Aloe?Aloe?

Spa Hotel & Casino

by joanj

Hi, has anyone stayed at the Spa Hotel & Casino, and is it near to shopping malls etc.

Re: Spa Hotel & Casino

by Dumpymotel

It is smack downtown and a couple hundred feet from shopping....... You won't even need a car unless your going to hit El Paseo in Palm desert which is more like Rodeo Drive with $600 pairs of pants and $5,000 dresses.

The only hotel even more smack in the middle is the Hyatt which has shops in both directions including right in front of it.

by joanj

Thanks for your reply, we are already booked into the Spa, for 4 days after a 15 day coach tour around California & the Golden West, just stopping off in Palm Springs for some inexpensive shopping, and lazing by the pool. So no car, but don't mind walking. Thanks again.
Joan.

by Dumpymotel

Make sure you go on the Celebrity Star Tour... They will even pick you up at the hotel..

The Big shopping mall and every major chain store is in Palm Desert .... All the cities here are grown together like one bigger city.. It is just about 12 miles from downtown Palm Springs.. Once there you can hop on the free shopper bus that takes you all around to all the best shopping plazas..

by joanj

Thanks again for info. it has been put in my travel document file. We will be in P. S. from 14th Oct. I take it weather will be good for us then, how lucky you are to have a pool at your convenience.
Glad you are returning to the U.K. sometime, check out my homepage for the "Magic Roundabout" !!!
Joan.

by Dumpymotel

The weather is going to be so nice your going to think your in heaven... I might have to call immigration on you...

Your not going to want to leave.

Comments