27501 N Lake Pleasant Rd, Peoria, Arizona, 85383, United States

Cibola Vista
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

• Worst experience I have ever had!

This was the single worst experience my family has ever had staying anywhere! We booked here only because my best friend was having his wedding reception here and with a toddler we wanted to be able to put her to bed in the care of my parent's and continue to enjoy the evening. We had my parents with us, my father is a paraplegic who requires a handicap accessible room. We spent many painstaking hours on the phone with everyone from the reservations assistant manager to the resort assistant GM; to get our reservations set and in order, or so we thought. We requested a two suite room for ease of my mother so she would then be able to watch our baby as well as be close to my father in case he needed anything. If anything had happened, she would of have had to wake the baby and take her back up to her room. On the day of the wedding we called to see if we could get an early check in to make the day a little less hectic. My wife was told by an employee, Kelly that we would be moved to the top of the list for our suite to be cleaned and called as soon as this was accomplished for an early check-in. We were never called. Once we arrived we were told that they were not sure if the handicap room was going to work for my father. We were then told that the room we spent hours reserving was not even available, but they did have two separate rooms for us on two separate floors. My best friend who had just been married was very upset (he had been advised of MANY problems other family members and ourselves had had with the resort thus far)and wanted to try and help us get the situation resolved. He did go and speak to the assistant manager handling the issue's at hand, but I assured him that we would be fine and would get the situation resolved. After all, this was his day and my thought was why should he have get upset or take any of his time and energy getting involved to handle an issue we spent hours on the phone taking care of months prior to our arrival. We ended up with separate rooms on different floors. No apologies for the time we spent making the reservation or for not honoring our reservation, just a sorry for the delay! The story does not end here though. Once we arrived in our room, we found that the tv did not work. We made another stop by reception to request that it be repaired and no one ever showed up over the next two days. We called for additional tissue paper and were told someone would be right up, four hours later no one had showed up. After a second call I was told that "housekeeping was really busy, sorry someone will be right up"! We went to the pool on the second day with our 20 month old daughter. We had purchased a swim tube for her at local sporting goods store and needed to get it filled up with air. Knowing that the resort had basketballs and various sporting balls on site we assumed they would have the equipment needed for this but, they had no way of blowing up an inner tube and the reception desk agent made no additional efforts to help resolve our issue. When we arrived at the pool we found that not a single towel was available, but could see 3 huge pile's of towel bins nearby overflowing with used towels that where still in bins from day's before. This was around 2 pm in the afternoon. As we went to check out I took the email I had sent myself with the information from the assistant GM regarding the rate for the one room we were supposed to get. Good thing, because they had no intention of honoring that rate as they tried to charge us rack rate for both rooms. Despite the fact that we checked in with the wedding party and had a group rate. The only redeeming quality this resort had was nice looking rooms and a decent pool. Customer service was non-existent and incompetence was the norm here. The Phoenix metro area has too many fine resorts that will gladly treat you well and offer a memorable experience, so my advice would be to find one of them and save yourself from a bad memory. My family will not be staying here again and furthermore we will write a negative review for every review site we can find on line so that we can spare another family the horrible experience. I emailed this complaint to Blue Green resorts and to the Cibloa Vista and have not recieved a response!

• WARNING! Do not stay at this hotel!

I want to give this hotel a good rating. However, I must warn you not to stay at this hotel! I stayed at Cibola for one night. I inadvertently left a couple expensive personal items in my room. I called the afternoon of the day I checked out only to find that the hotel cleaning crew picked up these items and did not return them to the front desk/lost & found. I have called every day since. The hotel manager told me that the person who cleaned my room was not returning his calls. He promised to follow up and call me back. The manager never called me back after that conversation. Since then I have had to call the hotel many times. The manager is always "out." All I want is for this hotel to return my personal items. The whole thing is very disheartening.

If you want to stay at a hotel where the staff does the right thing, DO NOT STAY AT CIBOLA.

Unique Quality: dishonest staff