Waters Edge Resort

406 N Sycamore, Peoria, Illinois, 29576, United States

More about Waters Edge Resort

Abuelo (Grandfather)Abuelo (Grandfather)

Mmmm. Can you TASTE it?Mmmm. Can you TASTE it?

My VT meeting at the Grimaldi's RestaurantMy VT meeting at the Grimaldi's Restaurant

My waitress (Roxanne) and I.  She's cute huh?My waitress (Roxanne) and I. She's cute huh?

Winter in Connecticut

by ian.from.oz

We are travelling to Westbrook just before Christmas to stay at the Waters Edge
Resort.

We understand it will be cold, but how cold? Will it be raining, snowing, stormy
or what? What will the temperature be?

We are arriving at Bradley International in Hartford. We don't want to hire a
car, so what's the best way to get from BDL to the resort? I have a price from a
limo company for $100. Is there anything cheaper?

We are going on to NYC on Christmas eve, and I plan to catch the train at around
9am to New Haven then on to Grand Central. Can you see any problems with this?

Sorry to ask all these questions but if you ever come to Brisbane, Australia I
will return the favour.

Re: Winter in Connecticut

by Wendy67

Regarding your weather question - try this site

It seems the weather around Christmas averages about 29 F or -1.2 C. It will more likely snow than rain in December. Snowstorms are a possibility, obviously making your travel plans a bit risky, but that's to be said for anywhere in the world that gets snow in December :)

Have you asked your hotel about transportation to/from the airport? It may be complimentary. Or, they will at least give you options and help arrange transportation for you.

Try this site to address your train questions ~

You can email them from the website and ask about the train schedule during the holiday.

I'm sure a native of Connecticut could give you better answers, but I hope this will get you started. Connecticut is absolutely stunning - more so when it snows :) Enjoy your stay!

Re: Winter in Connecticut

by dave5000

Hey Ian,

wendy 67's idea of contacting the resort is the best way to find out the options for transportation from and to the airport. In many cases they have complimentary or low cost transport.

As for the xmas trip to NYC- 9am is fine - it will be crowded ! So plan accordingly, also make sure you buy a round trip ticket and get back to the train a bit early to fight the crowds at the train station. If you are travelling with others - when you arrive in NYC, pick a time and meeting point in the train station for the return trip. Just in case someone decides to have a "walkabout"

As for the weather... well sometimes its warm 50f and other times is can be 20f. The weather around the NYC area including CT can't be predicted this far in advance. Could be rain/snow/sleet/sun ?

check this weather site- its a bit better than the other one -
just enter the airport code or zip code (for the resort) and your answers will be answered !

www.wunderground.com

enjoy!
d5k

Travel Tips for Peoria

Welcome To Spring Training

by olyrunner

"Play Ball!"

For those of us that suffer from Baseball Affective Disorder (BAD) the first signs of Spring are a welcome sight. Play ball!

"Sun City West"

My last visit was in August 2005, when the temperatures were topping 110 degrees. Besides the "cool" morning air (90 degrees) the other benefit to waking up early was the amazing sunrise.

"Watch Your Step"

Arizona's unique landscape can be breathtaking. Be careful while you're walking around with a camera stuck to your face. You just might have an up close and personal encounter with one of Arizona's finest.

Comments