Arizona Grand Resort

Expedia.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• elmasri's Profile Photo

Beautiful building

I didn't stay but I would if I was coming on holiday here. It has golf, several pools and slides, 2 restaurants and a bar grill inside the resort and Aunt Chilladas just outside the resort on Baseline Road.

Unique Quality: great views too...

More about Arizona Grand Resort

OK time at Arizona Grand Resort

by TripAdvisor Member onoman

Went with the family to the Arizona Grand Resort for the Memorial Day Weekend. Very convenient to the Phoenix airport, about 10 minutes. Also very convenient to the Arizona Mills outlet shopping mall which is about 5 minutes away.

This was at one time a well known, but older resort called the Pointe at South Mountain. They have kept much of that facility intact, so despite the "newness" of some parts of the resort, you can see areas that are dated.

They are in the midst of some major building and by next year things will look somewhat different. They are also pushing owning a part of the resort. I have to compliment the staff, they did not push the purchase side of the resort on us at all despite the signs everywhere. There is also a large construction area that was quiet for the weekend, that separates the hotel into two parts, so if you are going to stay here, don't stay at the Camelback or Mountain units--you will have to do a lot of extra walking to get to the pool, the breakfast restaurant, the health club and spa. We stayed at Camelback and found everything to be kind of far away. They do have shuttles to get around if you request them. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Room was suite style with pull out queen sofa, desk area, wet bar, TV and separate bedroom with 2 queens, TV, closet cabinet and bathroom with combined shower/tub. Small balcony overlooking construction site--no sitting area. Rooms were kind of noisy with family next door and kids running up the hallway. Internet is wireless and free.

Parking was kind of difficult, with nite time parking a search, ended up walking about a block back to our room, as parking in our lot was always full.

Lots of activities--Oasis water park, is only open to hotel guests, has an 8 story water slide, water tube area, large pool and a wave pool. Each unit also has a small pool and jacuzzi pool. A golf course and driving range were available. Tennis was available, but I did not see the courts. Gym was very large and spacious.

Food for breakfast is available at the restaurant adjacent to the Health club--food was ok, nothing exciting. There are several restaurants on site, only went to the one for breakfast.

General atmosphere of the place is lots of families with small kids. Lots of screaming and running around, by the end of the day, the housestaff must have their hands full trying to keep the grounds clean, always lots of snack trails down the hallways and in the common areas. At the pool, they have a lifeguard about every 8 feet!

Ok place to stay, but if you do not plan on spending a lot of time at the water park, you could probably stay somewhere else for less money. My kids are teenagers and they thought the pools scene was ok, but overrun with smaller kids. If you have smaller kids, this is the place for you.

Overall Good Experience at Arizona Grand Resort

by TripAdvisor Member shim-in-the-rockies

Outstanding place to go with family. The water park offers a convenient and easy way to spend time with your kids while you give your spouse a break and when everyone wants to spend time together. The suite-style rooms are helpful...you can put your kid in the living room and the adults stay in the bedroom. Resort suites have two doors - one accessing the living room and the other accessing the bedroom...makes it really easy to sneak in and out if the kids are sleeping.

Service was prompt and friendly for hotel services. The food was rather bland except at the Phantom Grill. That is the resort's biggest weak point. The conference business didn't really interfere with our stay...we thought it would but it didn't. If you have small kids, don't hesitate to try this resort. They even have one shallow water pool specifically for small kids and the wave pool offers a gradual entry into the pool too...so small kids can play in 1-foot of water...or less. The three adult slides are EXHILARATING and it's easy to enjoy a cocktail or three while tubing down the "lazy river".

A wonderful Arizona resort

by TripAdvisor Member cowboyfan

I have just returned from a three day stay at the Arizona Grand Resort. I have been to Phoenix many times and have stayed in many hotels however this is truly a resort. Our room was absolutely wonderful for two adults. We had a large living area and a seperate bedroom that was quite large. The bathroom was small but the vanity and sink were located outside the bathroom so it was not a problem. The only complaint that I had abouth our room was the noise level. Our bedroom overlooked a coutyard and beyond that was a garage where the service vehicles for the resort were kept. Early each morning there was a lot of noise and commotion. The food was just OK. I would recommend Flemings Steakhouse for an excellent dinner. It is a few miles south of the resort but well worth the drive.

We spent each day at the Oasis water park and enjoyed it. The pool furniture was not clean, however it just needed to be wiped down each day. The pool service was great and they have great SPICY Bloody Marys made with pepper vodka.

The spa was wonderful-I had a massage with Bonnie and she was excellent. I used the health club and also walked some of the trails.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Arizona Grand despite the noise. We did tell management and they were very open to our suggestions. Our service was first class and the grounds were beautiful. We will return next year.

Ramada

by elmasri about Ramada Limited

Excellent location for me - just 5 min walking from Point South Mountain Resort where the conference was at. It has a pool, or shall I say mini pool but nice, and a small breakfast area. Nice, clean and cheap!

Great family fun just a short drive from Tucson

by TripAdvisor Member tabash

My husband, 2 kids (12 and 17) and I drove up from Tucson to spend the weekend shopping and visiting relatives. We heard that the Arizona Grand had a fantastic water park and was recently renovated,. so we tried it out. What a pleasant surprise! The hotel staff were all very friendly, the rooms were spacious and comfortable, the location was ideal (lots of shopping nearby) and the waterpark provided hours of fun. We plan to go back frequently over the summer... I'm glad we have such a great vacation destination only 1 1/2 hours away!

Liked it alot. Just avoid the restaurants except for breakfast.

by TripAdvisor Member TravfamJB

Just stayed at Arizona Grand. Here's the summary: rooms are quite nice and renovated. Beds are comfortable and living room is fairly comfortable. A shame that the bathroom/sink area is in the bedroom, and not in the hallway or livingroom area but oh well, not too bad.

The water park is excellent for families. Great slides/wave pool/lazy river and lots of fun all day for the kids. Staff there was very nice and pool service was great. Had to watch my daughter because she kept wanting to raise the service flag on the back of her chair and order more smoothies! Lots of lifeguards too so we felt safe with our 7 year old going around the park (4 year old was with us in the pools), and only one exit from the park through a gift shop that kept good control of entry/exit.

The restaurants on property, however, were terrible with the exception of breakfast. We for some reason ate at each of them during our stay (from the fine dining to the mexican restaurant shamefully called "Aunt Cheladas") and they were all not good at all. Food and service were both well below quality standards and they need a change there. Breakfast was the only nice meal we had.

That being said, the overall stay was great and I would certainly return with my family. They had SUCH a good time there. Visit in May and the weather's nice with no crowds. On weekdays we felt like we had the waterpark all to ourselves! Obviously not great for their biz but great for us.

Agree with "thekld" review

by TripAdvisor Member SilverStarfish

I generally write lengthy reviews but I agree with "thekld" from Santa Barbara, California's previous review.

We flew into Phoenix and drove to Sedona and the GC so this resort was our last stop prior to going home. I chose it because of the water park and I was not disappointed. We enjoyed 2 nights here relaxing at the water park. My 12 year old son had a blast and this was my husband's favorite place of the trip. Personally I thought the resort was too big but we thoroughly enjoyed the lovely pool area with the gorgeous palm trees and flowering bushes. We also ate at the Phantom Horse and Rustler's Roost which were both good. We had excellent service at the Phantom Horse by Andrew our server and the outdoor fire was a nice relaxing touch to watch from indoors. I liked the decor at the Phantom ranch but the Rustler's Roost was more fun for families with a great view of the city. Take advantage of the free coupon at checkin for the hot cookie which is served in a skillet at the Phantom horse. Now that was one yummy dessert!

We hiked a bit of the trail of the South Mountain Park and the golf course looked great. But since we had visited Sedona and the GC I just couldn't get too excited about the scenery.

I would highly recommend this resort for the water park and the rooms were very nice too. We liked that it was close to the airport but if you aren't going to fully utilize the waterpark I would choose another spot.

ARIZONA - Grand Canyon State

by Roxxi

"Southeastern Arizona"

Lots of Western cowboy history. Many of my cousins and uncles settled in this area in 1800's. This photo is of the Safford Bridge from down on the road to the Gila Box outside Clifton

"Clifton, AZ"

Very small town nestled inside a canyon - the San Francisco River runs through this town.

"Superior, AZ"

this is a photo of "picket post" mountain.

ARIZONA- GRAND CANYON STATE

by Hosell

"About Arizona."

I just spent five days exploring this beautiful state.Lucky that we gone to some of most important and touristic places as:Grand Canyon,Petrified Forest National Park,Sedona,Montezuma Castle,Flagstaff,Williamson.
I'll show you on this page some information and pictures of all visited places in Arizona.
This is a picture taken at Oak Creek Canyon-Sedona.

"The Grand Canyon."

The first thing that you must to do if you visit Arizona it is see THE GRAND CANYON.
Really it is one of most beautiful places that I ever seen.

For more information and pictures see my Grand Canyon page.

The Pointe South Mountain ResortThe Pointe South Mountain Resort

Pointe South Mountain ResortPointe South Mountain Resort

Point South Mountain ResortPoint South Mountain Resort

South Mountain ResortSouth Mountain Resort

What Phoenix Hotel and its Pools, Water Slides, etc. for kids 6 to 14?

by tripme

We have five grandchidren, ages 6-14, who have had a ball at the Hilton Waikoloa in the past. However, we are considering taking them to Phoenix in April 2009. Since it would be after having loved the Waikoloa Hilton,its slides and lagoon with kayaks, water bikes, etc., our principal concern is the pools and water play possibilities. Of course, the overall hotel for kids is important. They can all swim, love slides, boogie boarding, all water play. Miniature golf, etc. could be fun too, but not if water play is not tops. Where do we stay in Phoenix area - or Tucson?

by bocmaxima

No Tucson resorts have water parks. You could stay at the Omni on the north side and easily drive to a public water park (Breakers), but that's not really the same. None have miniature golf either.
The Hilton in Phoenix has a water park, as does the Arizona Grand (Pointe South Mountain) and Westin Kierland. You may want to make your choice from those.

by YVRDave

The Hyatt Gainey Ranch is another great kid friendly hotel

by charlietuna22

My pick is also Pointe South Mountain. I went there for a wedding a few years ago and liked the place very much. My (then 12 year old) daughter went on an overnight with the girl scouts and also liked it very much.

Comments