Clarendon Hotel And Suites - Phoenix Midtown

Priceline.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 22% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Clarendon Hotel And Suites - Phoenix Midtown

Try The Clarendon Hotel and Suites!

by TripAdvisor Member EmilyfromDC

I LOVE this hotel.

I come to Phoenix regularly on business, and The Clarendon is my favorite Phoenix hotel. The rooms are sparking clean (lots of white), there is a separate room for work space and lounging, the bed is huge and nicely firm, everything works properly, and the wireless internet is fast and completely reliable (which is all too rare).

The staff is lovely. You come into the lobby and there is a table at the end with two computers, some chairs in front, and two well informed, professional staff who greet you, provide help and advice, and say hello every time you walk past during your stay.

And there is a huge bonus -- Camus restaurant, and for the younger and hipper crowd, its bar. I am female and over 60, so I am not looking for hip, but I do like well prepared food. This is a really fine restaurant that serves much of its menu till 1:00 a.m. Since I usually get in late (flying from the East Coast after work), I really love not having to settle for fast food. Last week I had lamb pops (little rib lamb chops) and a "cobb salad" terrine with duck and avocado among its ingredients. There are also great hamburgers. The breakfast menu is small, but if you ask for something, they generally will prepare it for you.

This is a perfect hotel for people who want good work space, and equally nice if you want a place to relax. It is a huge bargain.

Home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member TheBlueFour

A stay at the "Clarendon Hotel and Suites" is simply the best. Having to be in Phoenix at least 3 times a month for more than several days at a time can be challenging. The hotel has become a second home for us and I do mean home. The management and staff are very freindly as well as accomodating to ones needs. You will be greeted with a friendly hello when you arrive, a good morning at the beginning of the day, and a thank you for staying with us when you checkout. This is a very hip and modern hotel and the rooms are extremely comfortable and clean. I love the fact that the hotel has a non smoking policy in all rooms! The hotel has an awesome pool and Jacuzzi area. For me , being a music lover, the hotel plays music all day in the pool area, Jazz, Blues, Standards and Ballads. This hotel is privately owned and it is very evident that they have a hands on approach to detail. They work very hard to make your stay a positive and comfortable stay. We have met people from all over the world staying at the Clarendon. The Clarendon Hotel is truly an Oasis in the Desert. 24 hours a day you can count on The Clarendon Hotel to be an awesome hotel.
Sincerely, Patrick and Chris

Exceptional Service!

by TripAdvisor Member Esquire411

I recently moved to Phoenix for my work and had the privilege of staying at the Clarendon Hotel and Suites for three nights during my first days in the city. The staff at the Clarendon greeted me before I checked in, offered several helpful recommendations about places to eat and services within the community, and made sure that everything about my suite was to my liking.

The Clarendon features a unique, renovated appearance with a wonderful pool and spa area inside a courtyard surrounded by the walls of the hotel. It is a short drive or cab ride to many restaurants, great shopping, sports venues, and theaters. If you want to stay on site to dine or relax, there is a great restaurant and bar located at the hotel.

The neighborhood around the Clarendon Hotel and Suites appeared to be safe and was nicely lit, there was plenty of free parking at the hotel, and the grounds of the hotel and the individual rooms were clean and well maintained.

For me, what truly defined my experience and would prompt me to return to the Clarendon was the individual attention that I received during my stay. Overall, it was a great guest experience!

Magnificent Dining

by TripAdvisor Member mewsis14

The Clarendon Hotel and Suites was the very best hotel we stayed in on our trip over Southwest USA. The service was excellent. The hotel dining room was particularly excellent.

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member JenM-602

My boyfriend and I had just arrived in town for the holidays, exhausted from traveling. The hotel I originally booked was horrible in that even though I had requested a non-smoking room they could not provide me with one. Now being pregnant, that was not going to fly. So after meeting up with my parents, they decided to help us out by scouting out the "midtown" area by Park Central. They found the Clarendon Hotel & Suites where they were given a very reasonable price and a tour of the hotel. So we met my parents down there and were pleasantly surprised at the hotel. It was like nothing I've seen before. They even bumped us up to a suite. The staff was so pleasant that we would leave them candy. After all, it was over Christmas. I loved the look, the pleasant staff and the area was perfect. I would definitely make this my regular place to stay when I come back to visit.

Great service at the Clarendon

by TripAdvisor Member BSGB

We recently stayed at the Carendon Hotel and Suites in Phoenix. The reception staff are the best we have come across - very helpful and friendly. This hotel is nicely appointed and the rooms are super comfortable. The bed is the most comfortable we experienced in our six weeks of travels. Wireless access was available and free. It is also possbile to print documents in the lobby. We felt this hotel offered great value - great range of bathroom amenties. The hotel really seemed to be genuine about customer service and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The hotel is in downtown Phoenix and a car is required to get around this city!

Clarendon was top-notch

by TripAdvisor Member Zefrey

I'm from San Francisco and there are about a million hotels here, so my standards are fairly high, so this compliment doesn't come lightly, This hotel was the goddamn bees knees.
Friendly staff, Aveda in the rooms, big-soft bed, a pool, and super arty atmosphere.
I highly recommend it.

False advertising, glorified motel

by TripAdvisor Member Moknop

The website for this hotel is misleading. This hotel is a revamped parking garage with bad service and even worse amenities. The staff was rude, the rooms were deplorable raw concrete dressed in the guise of "hip". I felt misguided by expedia in recommending this hotel. We were miles away from where we were promised and spent far more money than what this was worth. I have travelled throughout the world, and overall, I have never been more disappointed.
Do not stay here.

Great Place to Stay

by TripAdvisor Member purpleravioli

If ever in Phoenix this is the place to stay. Great boutique hotel for not a lot of money. And Aveda bath products - I LOVE Aveda bath products!!! Restaurant and bar looked fun but did not get a chance to take advantage.

Just Great!

by TripAdvisor Member NativeAM

I recently stayed at the Clarendon and I had a great stay there. All the employees I had contact with were very friendly and helpful. The design and concept is very nice and comfortable. I loved it! I will recommend this hotel to my friends and hopefully, I will have the opportunity to stay there again soon.

Comments