Doubletree by Hilton Phoenix

Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• blueskyjohn's Profile Photo

surprisenly outdated room

This Doubletree is unlike any other I have stayed at. While the lobby, pool and dinning area are modern and very nice, the rooms don't match up. First, it seems like the property was taken over by Hilton. The rooms come across more as an extended efficiency without a stove. Access to the rooms are exterior, another surprise.

As for the room, the bed was very comfortable and new. It was a detached room from the bathroom and living area. The carpet, furniture and couch were outdated. But there were to large screen TV's, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. I stayed here three nights. For some reason my room was not cleaned after the first night. The rest of my stay was good.

Breakfast was included. Nothing special, typical fare.

More about Doubletree Guest Suites' Phoenix-Gateway Center

It's a decent place, only a couple small downfalls

by TripAdvisor Member Jerri_Blank

The room layout was typical for a doubletree, this location is relatively new so it is in pretty good shape. My rooms A/C didn't work well, so that would be a problem in the hot times for sure, but that's a fluke issue and easily remedied (I only stayed one night and it was cool enough to just leave the windows open).

The room service was good. Water pressure decent. High-speed internet was not so fast, especially for $10 - that was unfortunate.
I saw they have a workout center and pretty large pool with jacuzzi, but didnt get a chance to use either.
Bed was new and very good.

I'd stay here again, especially if I needed something very close to the airport. Wouldn't be my first choice for the Phoenix metro area, but for airport convenience, very solid choice.

Nice place

by TripAdvisor Member Luv2flyBVI

We booked this hotel for one night through Priceline.Our stay was excellent. The young man at the desk treated us like he actually cared about our stay.Wonderful king bed, clean updated bathroom. Hope we can book this hotel next time we stay in Phoenix!

As airport hotels go: outstanding. In the big picture: above average

by TripAdvisor Member Boeing767

First of all, I contacted this property directly, and was pleasantly surprised at the warm, welcoming response I received from their in-house staff.
We arrived, and were given a wheelchair accessible room (evidently because they were heavily booked on the night of our arrival due to an event), and although spacious, was a bit awkward (no table or counters; so that the differently-abled could move freely). None-the-less, we were happy to get it, and really enjoyed the large, bright room (they are all two-room suites [think Embassy Suites layout] with windows front and back).
Our kids enjoyed the large pool area (also rare in airport hotels), and towels were plentiful.
The front desk staff is efficient and helpful - although it appeared to me that they could use, perhaps, one more person per shift on the desk, as both times I called for assistance with the internet logon code (you need a new one each day), I had to wait while the clerk attended to the person in front of him. This is as it should be, attending to real life customers versus those on the phone, so I felt no inconvenience, only that an extra body might be helpful.

If I had to find fault with this property (for those who like to weigh good versus bad), I would say it is with housekeeping. The rooms are very clean, so the primary part of their job is done well, but upon checking in, I found no remote controls in the room. The maintenance man who brought them up indicated that housekeeping should have noted that right away. On our second day, we had to call to have housekeeping service our room. As an aside, the maintenance man on duty during the weekend at this property is exceedingly pleasant.

There isn't much nearby for offsite dining or shopping, but the onsite restaurant is very good. For those with a car, there is shopping and dining up 44th st near Thomas.

I could recommend this hotel to anyone ... business or pleasure traveler alike.

Pretty but noisy.

by TripAdvisor Member MyWorldatPeace

For the week I spent in Arizona I stayed at four hotels, 3 independents and this one. I found this one to be the most expensive and most dissappointing of them all. The room looked very nice, the bed was comfortable, but the walls were apparently made from paper and I could hear everything from conversations to televisions coming from the rooms on either side of me. If the noice I heard was airplanes I would not complain since it is an "airport" hotel, but I expect some privacy between rooms.

Pleasant Experience

by TripAdvisor Member BeachSeekerColorado

I just spent 2 nights at the Doubletree Suites. I chose this hotel because I was in town for professional testing & needed a quiet location near my test site with as little added stress as possible.

My suite was lovely, the bed slept great, room service delivered a great steak in less than 20 minutes, the grounds were secure & everyone was very pleasant.

I had a poolside room, but noise wasn't a problem. You could hear families playing in the pool from the living room area, but the bedroom was very peaceful. By nightfall, everything was quiet.

I certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel for singles on spring break, but I enjoyed my stay very much & would gladly stay there again.

Freindly Doubletree

by TripAdvisor Member 747/400

I stayed in this Hotel in Phoenix for one night - rooms are very large with nice TV's Fridge ,Neutrogena bathroom amenities,good desk and fast internet access ($9.00 for 24 hours )
Great movie selection if you are on your own
They also have an American Grill restaurant available but I didnt use it.
Handy location for Phoenix Int'l airport.
Could recommend this hotel for value space and convenience.

It's whats inside that counts!!

by TripAdvisor Member silverbacksloth77

From the outside the hotel looks like something out of the 70's with all the modern structures around it, but when inside it looks fairly modern. The rooms are a good size, and the beds were excellent quality, but the wallpaper in the rooms looks a little dated, but is in excellent condition. Breakfast is excellent at the hotel, and it is in a great location for the airport, with the courtsey bus running regularly. It costs about $16 to do the airport run in a taxi I was told!!! There is a free phone in the arrivals lounge to call the hotel when you want collecting from the airport, and it takes about 20mins if you have just missed it.

Very Pleasant Stay

by TripAdvisor Member alwaystraveling_21

The hotel room was very comfortable, with the first section of the room being a couch, desk, tv, and safe (always a great idea). The housekeeping staff continually refreshed the complimentary toiletries as they were used each day, and the beds were soft, though comfortable.

One of the nicest parts about this hotel is the complimentary buffet breakfast each morning. It had everything from cold cereals to yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit, oatmeal, and then everything else bad for you (sausage, eggs, waffles, french toast, etc). It changed daily, but maintained consistently tasty each day.

The pool was nice and large and provided enough room for the guests to have their own space in the pool and not be overcrowded by each other. I'd highly recommend this hotel. It's also very convenient to the airport, and only about 20-25 minutes from Scottsdale.

Super Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member 4Penguins

We stayed one night at the Doubletree and loved it! The room was super, seperate bedroom, pull out couch, 2 tvs, fridge! The pool and hot tub were great! We arrived late and didn't get to the pool until 9:30. We had it all to ourselves!

Very clean rooms! Super price! Full breakfast buffet! Would go back for sure! We stayed June 8, 2007.

Perfect Place To Go And See The DBacks Loose to The Redsox!

by TripAdvisor Member sillyonesmiles

I took a bunch of Teenagers to the Redsox Game. The game was great. We all headed back to the hotel to unwind. The beds were so confortable I wanted to find out where they got them. The bedding felt like you were being pamperd. The room was perfect to accomdate all of us.. and I still had a private room to myself. Refridge, coffie maker and microwave.. . Beautiful rooms I was on the 4th floor and it was so quiet. The only reason is this is only a 4 star rating is the cost of internet service. The surrounding area was very nice part of town.. The pool was very inviting. And the morning FREE buffet was very good eggs were watered down. But all in all for the price stick all the water you want in the eggs. If I have to stay in Phoenix again.. I will stay here!

Pick up at airport shuttlePick up at airport shuttle

Tempe campus buildingTempe campus building

Welcome, man!Welcome, man!

Landing into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, May 2009Landing into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, May 2009

Phx arrival info needed please!!

by Lincee

We arrive from London into Phx at 16:30 on Thursday. Can anyone advise how long it may take for us to clear immigration( we're British ), get cases and pick up a rental car? I have heard that luggage retrieval tends to be a bit slow. Thanks all.

RE: Phx arrival info needed please!!

by bocmaxima

Phoenix isn't much of an international port of entry. In fact, I'm very surprised that there's a direct flight from London - PHX. Are you sure you're not stopping somewhere first like New York or Chicago? If so, then that would be your port of entry and not PHX.
I've flown into Phoenix many times, and I've never waited more than 15 minutes for the luggage to start up.
They just opened a new rental car center at Sky Harbor, so your car should be pretty quick, probably no more than 20 minutes provided there are no issues at check-in.
The only issue I see is that you're getting in at the crux of the Phoenix rush hour. I hope you're staying close to the airport. ;)

Have a safe flight.

RE: RE: Phx arrival info needed please!!

by Lincee

You've hit the nail on the head! I want to know if, arriving at the time we do, it would be better to collect the car the next morning after rush hour. Yes, its a through flight with B.A and we're staying in Tempe. The hotel has a shuttle, so it wouldn't be a disaster if we left the car for the night. It would just eat into our sightseeing time a little!

RE: RE: Phx arrival info needed please!!

by bocmaxima

Tempe is very close to the airport, so you should be okay. I can imagine it being a hassle to have to wait to pick up your car to do sightseeing the next morning, so if you're not in a huge hurry to get to the hotel, I'd pick up the car and take the side streets to the hotel and just avoid the freeways, especially if you're near Downtown Tempe. You should be okay with the traffic as long as the a/c in the car works, and it'll give you a chance to see a lot more of Phoenix than from the freeways.

RE: Phx arrival info needed please!!

by YVRDave

Phoenix has 6 times a week non-stop British Airways flights from London. They had daily Lufthansa flights from Frankfurt. Your Customs and immigration and car will probably take 45 minutes.

Comments