212 W Osborn, Phoenix, Arizona, 85013, United States
Travelocity Priceline.com HolidayInn.com

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 35% less but rated 21% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Phoenix

Crest of a hill on trailCrest of a hill on trail

Crowds aboundCrowds abound

View of sunsetView of sunset

At THE HOLE IN THE ROCK at Papago Park, PhoenixAt THE HOLE IN THE ROCK at Papago Park, Phoenix

Fun for toddlers in Phoenix

by Bwent26

Hi all:

I'm going to be in Phoenix/Scottsdale the first weekend in November. I will have a 3 year old with me and am looking for some fun activities to keep him entertained.

Hopefully some of y'all will have some good advice for some fun activities.

Also, are there any fun kid friendly restaurants in the area?

Thanks!

by kathymof

The Phoenix Zoo is actually quite nice. A toddler might enjoy it.

by Bwent26

I am planning on taking him to the zoo for one of the days. I'm really hoping to find some activites to burn off his energy that way we can maybe get an adult night out one of the nights!

by bocmaxima

November will be too cold for a water park.
For fun, kid-friendly restaurants, there's Rawhide (http://www.rawhide.com/) and Pinnacle Peak, but the former would be more fun for a child, although it may be too much for him/her. On a similar vein, there's also Goldfield, east of the city.
I think that Saguaro Ranch in Glendale would be fun for kids. I always see parents with kids out there. It's free, and they have chickens and peacocks running around.
There's also the Shamrock Farms dairy tour, but that's in Stanfield, which is about 70-90 minutes from Downtown Phoenix. http://shamrockfarmstour.com/
There's also the Wildlife World Zoo on the far west side, but it may be too similar to the regular zoo. http://www.wildlifeworld.com/
Then there's the Arizona Natural History Museum in Mesa. It's a really diverse museum and they do have quite a bit of kid-oriented stuff. And, of course, there's the Arizona Science Center in Downtown Phoenix.
hth

Fun for toddlers in Phoenix

by jumpingnorman

It's just starting to get cool here in Phoenix! And the moon was so full this morning. But in the Scottsdale area, there is a "open" train ride which I am sure your kid will enjoy (because I have 4 yr old twins)--- it is in a park at the intersection of Scottsdale Road (nearer the northern end of Scottsdale Rd) and I think Indian Bend --- the park is on the southeast side of that intersection. The ticket is only $1-2 for the ride, very cheap, and there's also a big park around the train area --- and yes, a carousel too!

Along 101 Freeway, exit Tatum, there's a nice outdoor shopping complex for you to buy some stuff, and your kid might enjoy the video arcades too but it might be too advanced for a 3 year old. But, it's nice walking around this place.

And yes, the Phoenix Zoo is #1 place for kids - kids always love the zoo! And on the west side, the World Zoo exit at Nothern Ave I think Exit 8. where your child can feed a giraffe! My son enjoys doing that! We also ride an open cable seat that hovers over the whole zoo (if you're not afraid of heights).

Also at Exit 7 which is Glendale Ave, do not miss the Stadium (University of Phoenix) where we held the Superbowl this year 2008!!! It's awesome - and beside the stadium is the Westgate Plaza where there is a water fountain where kids can get wet -- but since it is getting cooler now, it might be off. But still, the Westgate is a great place to walk around in. Have Fun in Phoenix! Cheers, :jumpingnorman

by HeidiR

sorry i didnt see your question in time, i would of loved to of helped out as I have a3 year old and live here

Travel Tips for Phoenix

Desert & Mountains

by diver-x

With one day to spend in Phoenix, we did the usual: we went hiking at the nearest peak to see the view! There was only one problem, though. I forgot my sneakers! So we stopped at the local mall - but wouldn't you know it? No sneakers to be had! This mall was strictly for Talbot's-types. We asked around and finally found a sneaker super-store down the street. Forget the name of it, but it was awesome! A guy shined my shoes while I was waiting in line to pay for my New Balances.

We drove to the north & east of town where there's a park with some really great hiking trails for people who are in a hurry or just want to do their daily exercise. If I lived in Phoenix I'd be in really great shape because I'd hike here every day. It's literally right in town!

Freedom Trail-Circumference Around Piestewa

by BruceDunning

This hike is a connector to other trails along the bottom edge of Squaw/Piestewa Mtn. I goes for about 4 miles, but I took the 2 miles at the closest spot near the road. The hike was rather easy, and most is on flat ground/sand.

Party in a cave

by dshinkle about Scorch Bar

In the heart of beautiful Desert Ridge Marketplace, in North Phoenix lies an underground nightclub called Scorch Bar. The club features indoor and outdoor bars, a dance floor, and cozy booths (that fill up fast).

Scorch Bar is filled with giant lava lamps and with glowing bar tops, and (sometimes) the all glow in sync to the music.

After 11:00 pm shadow dancers dance behind screens and sometimes a go go dancer dances behind the outdoor bar.

One of the neatest things there is that one of the mirrors in the bathroom is actually a window into the mens/ladies room. You can only see people washing their hands and primping, but it is funny to watch a girls eyes when she sees a guy in the mirror and turns around in shock, only to finally figure out it is a window.

Warning, the music is loud here (but you can go to the outdoor bar if you want quiet converstion).

So if you are staying in a north Scottsdale / Phoenix resort and want some upscale nightlife, I would check out Scorch Bar. People dress nice here... nice slacks and shirt for the men, ladies wear whatever they want.

Don Pabelo

Down Town...

by shiran_d

Don Pabelo

Down Town Pheonix,
Pleople are very inviting and welcoming and was looking after us very well.

Loved it very much The starter was a great big portion and it was more than enough for me.
Nice plate of combos

My top 5 restaurants in Phoenix and area

by HeidiR about Top 5

I would love this catogory to catch on. Please list your top 5 favourite restaurant in Phoenix and the surrounding areas and state why you have selected them. Please update your list as you try new restaurants.
1. Oreganos pizza Bistro, 523 N University drive Tempe 8528. I choose this restaurant as it is cheap, fantastic pizza, I love pizza and best of all fantastic dessert (Warm Pizza dough cookie with either white or brown chocolate chips covered with Icecream).
2. Bamboo club, 699 Mill Avenue, Tempe. I love chienese food and this restaurant has some of the tastiest I have tasted in the US. I find many of the restaurants have rather tastless chienese food. I also like PF Changs.
3. Roys Pacific Rim Cuisine 7001 North Scottsdale Road - This is a more upmarket priced restaurant, expect to pay about $25 for a main course. Very tasty food. Excellent range of fish dishes, good choose of dessert. However when I visited found the service a little slow. Great bread. Definitely a top choose for a special occasion. 4. Cheesecake factory-OK I know this is a rather big chain but the menu is really extensive ranging from burgers-pizza-pasta-specialities. Not to forget the fantastic range of cheesecakes. This is a must to try, although I am disappointed now that they have got rid of the tuna burger.
5. Franco's 2501 E. Camelback Road, another one for the special occasion although cheaper than Roy's, great italian cooking, excellent service.

Comments