Homestead Phoenix North-Metro

2102 West Dunlap Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona, 85021, United States
Crossland Economy Studios - Phoenix - Metro - Dunlap Ave.
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Phoenix

Looking u at the crestLooking u at the crest

Brochure of the aqarium informationBrochure of the aqarium information

The  Arizona deSSert      &gt; groan &lt;The Arizona deSSert > groan <

Just outside the Phoenix Zoo, ArizonaJust outside the Phoenix Zoo, Arizona

Is the Legacy resort a good choice?

by harrietd

Hi,
Travelling from Las Vegas to Phoenix. Spending 3 nights in Phoenix before flying back home to Canada. Have checked out several resorts; Legacy, Arizona golf resort and Westgate painted mountain. Am leaning towards The Legacy, however am a bit leary as I read some of the reviews about the rough neighbourhood. (As we are total country bumpkins!!) Is it that bad? So, any advice would be welcome , also any info about how to spend our time. We are thinking of the Apache Trail tour, maybe horseback riding, and some golf. Are there any must sees?
Thanks
Harriet

Re: Is the Legacy resort a good choice?

by bocmaxima

I wouldn't walk around outside of the resort at night (not that there's anything to walk to), but you also aren't in any real danger of being robbed or shot while in your car.
If you're really worried about it, when you return from somewhere, take the less direct route of I-10 to Baseline, then west to 32nd as opposed to I-10 to 32nd. It's a better area on Baseline.
But, really, it's not THAT bad.

Travel Tips for Phoenix

Well, of course! the Record...

by bottleofdoom

Well, of course! the Record Stores....what else would you expect from moi?!
Also, there's the night clubs where lots of rawk comes through. The Desert Trash Blast....Jeff Dahl puts on an annual rock show every year & my first one was great. Texas Terri & The Stiff Ones and The Eyeliners were the headline acts.

Wickenburg - driving from Phoenix

by jumpingnorman

The Old West survives in this nice little town between Phoenix and Las Vegas. It even has a museum for cowboys called the Desert Caballeros Western Museum (www.westernmuseum.org 21 N Frontier St 928-684-2272. But just be careful when driving into town because cops are easy on catching those who do not follow the speed limit. There are several small eateries ands hops where you can stroll around. A walking map is available from the Wickenburg Chamber, www. Wickenburgchamber.com 216 N Frontier St 928-684-5479.

Follow I-17 N From Phoenix to Carefree Hwy, then drive west to Hwy 60

6... I finally went!

by Chiky about Scottsdale

I LOVED the decor and the atmosphere is defintely above average. Drinks are about average for Scottsdale and it's Arizona's nice attempt at mocking NYC's nightlife as the biz doesn't pick up until about 10:30pm but I was surprised when I saw Barbies in Jeans. Though it was a week day, I wasn't expecting it as I had heard this place was bonafied high quality stuff! And I didn't get the meat market vibe from 6 at all but there seemed to be plenty of Barbies walking around rubbing themselves up against boys who aren't as interested as the girls think they are. But Pardon me for people-watching... I would suggest trying to be more original than jeans but sequins and tuxes are not cool enough. Be yourself but be nightlife aware.

China Gate

by mgard27 about China Gate

Atmosphere was fine...not particularly charming but suitable. Prices were moderate. ($7-$11 for an entree) I love Chinese food...and I am always in search of a place to find delicious hot and sour soup AND good crab rangoon. The hot and sour soup was fabulous--highly-recommended. Their crab rangoon was pretty good...lots of crab but I wasn't crazy about the way they rolled up the pastry. They are called 'Crab Angels.' I like the ones that have more of a soft, squishy pocket of cream cheese and crab. Okay...I'm sure that's way more detail than you needed!

Take a Trip to Two Hippies!

by razorbacker about Two Hippies and a Magic Mushroom

Good, cheap food. Large portions. Fun and funky atmosphere. I personally always order the "EXTRA Groovy Meal Deal..... any entree, fries & a soda for ONLY $5.00!!!" So far my favorite entree has been the "Magic Mushroom Steakburger." First time I went my HUGE order of fries came in a brown paper bag, and they were deLISH!

Comments