122 North 2nd Street, Phoenix, Arizona, 85004, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 35% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency Phoenix

The hotel is very nice but they didn't have safe parking for their own customers. The valet parking costs $26.00 and that's really expensive! The surrounding of the hotel is very unsafe and we can't just park our SUV there for reasons of vandalism. We heard a lot of stories of thefts. We have a lot of luggages inside the car and we were too tired to bring them to the hotel. We just wanted a place to sleep and shower!

The Hyatt Regency is okay but we didn't enjoy the hotel that much because we went there at about 12:00 midnight and left at 7:00 am in the morning.

There is a coffee maker and complimentary tea in the room which is great but the cups they provided leaked from the hot coffee and tea!. There is a televisio inside the room but not updated! There is a small leather black chair and two lamps between the bed.

The lobby is very spacious and very Indian-ethnic. There are so many brochures for travelling that is available at the lobby. It was great to get those for our road trip!

Unique Quality: We didn't really spend time at the hotel because we were on the go. We have to go back to Avondale the very next day which was too early for us. We didn't have enough time to lounge at the hotel.

On my way in to the hotel, I saw a room for internet. This is good for customers so they can access to their email and to their websites. We were on the second floor so I guess, every floor has Internet rooms located close to the elevator.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Very comfortable Hotel

Very comfortable room. friendly staff. given a view from 20th floor when i told the lady that i need to work on my lecture for tomorrow..

Unique Quality: Internet wireless 12 usd per day. airport pick up 9 usd one way. so like the US airlines they are charging for every little thing. for those who kvetch about prices in other countries, a bottle of water is yours in the room for just 4.25 plus tax , ie 5 usd for a bottle of water. But they gave me a 50% discount on the room price, charging me only 121 usd plus tax for the room

• sbeedham's Profile Photo

Hyatt Regency - we wouldn't...

Hyatt Regency - we wouldn't normally stay here except for the fact that it was where the conference was being held that Michael was going on.
    Conference rate was approx $99 USD.
    Post conference rooms were about $125 -$140 USD

Unique Quality: It had a great bar called Networks which was open until late.

More about Hyatt Regency Phoenix

Not a great place

by TripAdvisor Member avillebud

The Hyatt Regency Phoenix is in major need of some help. I was able to stay on a high floor and the beds on the high floors are new. The room was very hot.... I had the AC as low as possible and I never opened my curtains, but it did not help cool the room. I tried to switch rooms several times, but the other options were worse. Most of the floors have HORRIBLE old beds. I was shocked at the condition of the rooms I viewed. The staff was unfriendly and on the edge of being rude. They seemed bothered when I approached them for help. On a positive note the room did seem clean.... beyond the old carpet. I would try my luck with another hotel before staying here again.

Typical big chain hotel

by TripAdvisor Member IndplsTraveler

The Hyatt Phoenix is a typical big chain hotel, meaning clean, comfortable, and cold, but a good site for a large meeting (the reason I stayed there). Comfortable beds (which for me means very firm), very nice staff, didn't experience the hallway noise or noise from neighboring rooms others did. Pleasant but very small pool and workout area. Convenient to the convention center, arena, baseball stadium, and symphony hall, but except for those things downtown Phoenix is deadly dull (even compared to Indianapolis) with little in the way of restauarants, retail, or street activity at night or on weekends. Not a bad place to stay, but I would have no reason to stay there unless downtown for a meeting or business downtown.

Good, not great

What a disappointment that this beautiful hotel is in such a poor part of the city. We were told not to walk outside after dark, that it wasn't safe. Heck I felt uneasy in the daylight.

I think the biggest part of this hotel were the people behind the counter at the desk. They were all very young, and obviously in need of some serious customer service training. One evening I asked at the check in desk for some postcards stamps and when I was told they had none, but had regular stamps I said that would be fine. The "kid" went in the back (was gone quite a long time) and when he came out said "We're out of postcard stamps" I said, "Then I'll take the regular stamps". At this point a girl standing near him jumped in and said "You don't understand, we don't have any postcard stamps." I said "No you don't understand, I have asked for some postage and obviously you don't wish to sell me any. Never mind, it's not supposed to be this hard."
I went to the gift shop at the other end of the lobby (in the same hotel) and asked if they had any stamps and was told that they didn't, but that the UPS store in the next space in the lobby did. SHEESH!

I never did figure out what the deal was with the cafe on the second floor, but it was never open while I was there. Once evening on my way back to my room I asked at the desk if it was open and one girl behind the counter said "Yes" and at the same exact time another said "No". I just shook my head and kept on walking.

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member Meerkat92101

We stayed here for a conference in April 2006. The rooms were nice, the views beautiful, but nothing over the top. The catering of this place was phenomenal - the best I've ever had in a hotel. They also catered an event at the Heard Museum for us which was equally as good.

The location of this hotel can't be beat and its definitely a nice property. We like our rooms cold and unfortunately the A/C wouldn't go below 71 degrees - which is great for most people but not thrilling for us. Overall its a good place to say and I would recommend it.

Over all good stay

by TripAdvisor Member Bobbie007

I went to Phoenix for a conference in late April/ early May 2006 and stayed at the Hyatt . It’s very close to the convention center, Arizona Center (go if you get some time, great gardens for photos and shops for souvenirs) and the sports arena (plus a few other things - music hall, theater….). There are also some Ask Me ambassadors (Yellow T Shirts) right near the hotel who can give you directions to and information regarding just about anything. They are a great resource.

The hotel staff is very friendly, professional and very helpful. The rooms were clean and I found it comfortable. Overall I felt safe and had a pleasant stay.

The neighborhood has some homeless people who may approach you for “some help”. There is no nearby Pharmacy (or Supermarket) so the hotel gift shop is your best bet if you do not have access to a car (I was told the nearest Pharmacy is 1.25 miles away). The gift shop has the basics.

It did not appear that there was too much to do in this area. It is mostly businesses and was pretty quiet on the weekend that I was there. Near by are a few restaurants. Networks located in the hotel is good for a light dinner or a snack.

When I asked the concierge for things to do (on different occasions) I was directed to the surrounding areas – Tempe, Scottsdale and so forth…

The malls that I wanted to visit were in Temepe and Scottsdale (an hour or so by bus according to the hotel) or a 20-30 dollar cab ride.

Try to avoid room service for Breakfast. It’s a bit overpriced. There is another place down the street that serves a nice breakfast at a good price – can not remember the name but I enjoyed the food.

I would pick this hotel again if I have a convention nearby.

Nice hotel in ghost town

by TripAdvisor Member Rick767

Stayed here on a weekend on vacation. Wanted to see Phoenix. This location is a ghost town on weekends. And most of the surrounding area is under road construction. The drive up service was good. The check in went smoothly. The room was average and comfortable. I did find it strange that there was no dresser for clothing. The view from the upper floors was interesting. Everything in the room was functional. We did ask for extra towels from the room service and included a $$ tip, but the tip was gone when we returned and no new towels?? There are a few nice places to eat and stroll to nearby. Charging for parking at an expensive hotel is not cool. This should be free to guests.

Comments