#52 of 225 hotels in Phoenix
Based on 134 reviews
Travelocity Expedia.com
ufopro's Profile Photo

Welcome to Motel 666

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 20, 2009

On July 15, 2009, I checked into th Sweetwater Motel 6 for an expected 6 days. Over the past 10 years, I've stayed there dozens of times, but this time was different. they had new staff and management. The lady clerk was not very friendly and the manager looked and dressed like a biker chick from the 1960s. The box spring part of my bed was noisy and full of tears and holes. On my 3rd day there, my son came to see me at about noon. An hour earlier, I was paying for that night and mentioned to the clerk that I was excited that my son was coming to see. The clerk said that I would have to pay for a 2nd person.

I laughed and said that he had to be back home by 1:30 and that he was not a guest. She said it did'nt matter and I would still+ have to pay. When I realized that she was serious, I told her that I would make other arrangements to visit with my son. When my son arrived, we took a short driveto say hello, and I dropped him off at the bus stop. The following morning, I went to pay my last days rent, when the clerk told me that I could not stay another night. I asked her why and she said she would call the manager. She returned and said that her manager said that I would have to check out. When I asked why, she said that she wasn't sure, but it might have somethimng to do with my son coming over the bday before. It was 110 degrees out and I had 15 minutes to be out of my room. I had to go find another room which took me about 2 hours. I have never in my life been treated so rudely or unjustly by any hotel or motel. Motel 6 is a national chain that used to care about their guests, but that is clearly no longer the case.

Directions: Near Thunderbird and I-17

Nearby Knights Inn Phoenix North

• Motel Six Phoenix
  • Phoenix Motel 6
  • Phoenix Motel Six
  • Days Inn Phoenix Metro Hotel Phoenix

Address: 2735 W Sweetwater Ave, I-17S at Exit 210 I-17N at Exit 209, Phoenix, Arizona, 85029, United States

Amenities at Knights Inn Phoenix North

• Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Phoenix Travel Forum

Need advice about Phoenix, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Phoenix and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Phoenix hotel reviews