6808 South 32nd St., Phoenix, Arizona, 85040, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

More about Legacy Golf Resort

Enjoyed Th eLegacy Golf Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Isurehopeso

Three of us stayed at the Legacy Golf Resort last week in a standard room for our week long golf holiday. We were cramped for dough so jammed three of us into the standard room but everything was more than fine. The pool was closed while we were there for renos but that's fine---we were there to golf and the new pool opened the day we departed and looks real nice. The golf course is nice too, nothing too special but a good course nonetheless. The rooms are nice and clean and very comfortable and they had ample cooking facilities too if you are so inclined to prep your meals etc. Daily newspaper was a nice treat too. The neighborhood is fine, the complex is something like 200+ acres and is more or less gated and very safe. Safety was a non-isuse to us despite what one or two folks say about the neighborhood. Our only minor issue was that we had the front desk fax a document for us and we don't believe it was ever faxed and to make it worse the document was shredded by the office staff who maintained that was the 'policy'. To say the least, we found that a little odd but life rolls on. The Legacy is real close to Sky Harbor airport, downtown Phoenix, Tempe and virtually everything. We'd stay there again but wouldn't do any faxing next time :)

Great amenities and well maintained

by TripAdvisor Member wander2

We stayed in a two bedroom unit at the Legacy Golf resort from 8/12 to 8/19/05. The resort is well maintained. The two bedroom is a one bedroom plus a studio unit. What impressed me most was that both the one bedroom and the studio have dishwasher and washer/dryer. Most two bedroom units at other resorts would only have dishwasher, washer/dryer in the larger unit only. The huge jacuzzi tub was a nice touch.

The full kitchen made it convenient to make some meals so we did not have to eat out all the time.

The staff at the front desk was very accommodating and helpful. We enjoyed the resort and would stay there again.

By the way, don't miss the excellent city view from South Mountain Park. It is a short drive from the resort and the sunset view from there is fantastic.

Great day's worth of fun, bad night's worth of sleep

The staff is nice and helpful, the amenities are fantastic, the food delicious and the rooms are beautiful. As a travel agent, I was absolutely thrilled with everything upon first glance. We had a studio suite which was impressively large and fully-stocked with everything from a washer and dryer to a DVD player. Once it was bedtime, it was a different story. The beds are rock-hard; so hard, in fact, that I managed to eek out 3 hours of sleep on my side and awoke feeling bruised. And the walls are paper-thin. If you DO stay there, I recommend a corner unit on the upper level.

If you're looking for some fun and aren't so concerned about the sleep, this is the place for you. Beautiful golf course, huge pool with bar pumping fun music and a smaller children's pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard, children's play area and full spa services. But if sleep is important to you and you need to be in this same area of Phoenix, stay at the Pointe South Mountain Resort. Much of the same amenities, but luxuriously soft beds and nice, thick walls!

Built in a Diverse Neighborhood

I come to Phoenix since I have family there and I have stayed at this resort with a friend who was offered a free stay. The resort consists of timeshares and owner-occupied townhouses. The timeshares are in one area and the townhouses in another. We stayed in a 1st level one room suite. It had all the amenities we needed. The decoration is nice, including the tile floors. We were not hassled to attend a presentation. The onsite restaurant is very small. The pool is off to itself, which I like. The area is NOT a ghetto as a reviewer previously wrote. IT is a very diverse area with different cultures. The resort is tucked away off the main street (Baseline) and is in a residential area with older ranch homes on acres of lands (horses across the way) and new home developments. The grocery store, Frys Marketplace, is a new plaza less than 5 minutes away. It includes a Target, Ross, Starbucks, Blockbuster. The resort is less than 10 minutes ways from South Mountain Park where me and my friend did some hiking. You can also take the car to one of the looking points and see the city lights. There is also a horseriding stable at the South Mountain Park if you want to do a little riding. So if you are use to only seeing one type of people, then this is not the place for you. You will be frighten and scared for no reason like the previous reviewer. But if you are use to living in a multicultural area, it won't bother you at all.

did not want to go home

by TripAdvisor Member doug527

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at the Legacy and had a great time. Very clean, nice pool area and we felt like we were home. The staff was very attentive and helped us plan our tours around the area. We will be going back.

Had a great time with Legacy

by TripAdvisor Member bradshawgirl

We loved the Legacy! We stayed there for four nights in early October. We had a studio suite room with a golf course view. We were on the second floor.

First of all, our room had tons of amenities. We had a kitchenette with a microwave, two burner stove, mini-fridge, toaster, coffee maker, even a washer and dryer. As an earlier reviewer noted, the beds are a little on the firm side, but I did not find that it inhibited my sleep. Additionally, a young family did check into the adjoining suite during our stay, and I did notice noise as a result. However, I do not think it was enough of a problem to keep me from staying at the Legacy again.

The views of the golf course from our balcony were great, and the pool was large and uncrowded, with a fun little pool bar. The resort practically abuts South Mountain Park in Phoenix, and the resort activities staff offered lots of free activities for guests. (Watercolor painting, hiking in the park, etc.) They also have a fitness room that is complimentary for guests.

We ate in the resort restaurant, and the food was wonderful. (I had a creamy, rich steak diane.) As well, we thought our rooms were extremely well-priced. (We booked them through an online booking service and got a great deal.)

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay at the Legacy. If I were visiting Phoenix again, I'd definitely consider staying there.

Absolutely Fantastic Resort !

by TripAdvisor Member DGryg

My Husband and I stayed at the Legacy Resort for 7 days beginning October 15th. This was a beautiful resort with great landscaping, fantastic views, and incredibly good food in their restaurant. We stayed at a time when they were reseeding the golf course, so it was a pleasure not to be crowded with golfers. The view of South Mountain in the evening was beautiful and romantic. We had a 2 bedroom condo combination and it was larger than my home, with beautiful red marble bathrooms and top-notch furniture and kitchen appliances. We've stayed in a number of Gold Crown timeshares and this place was the absolute best. I can't say enough good things about this place and would not hesitate to go again.

Great Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member ebennett

There were 4 of us that stayed there, we had 2 rooms. It was very comfortable, I was a little worried when we first pulled into the area, cause of the neighborhood. The staff was great! When we got there, they were very helpful in checking us in. They gave us a map of the hotel grounds, and told us that if we needed anything to stop down or call. House Keeping was wonderful, we would leave for the day and come back and they even did our dishes. Great all around. The rooms were very cozy, and the TV had great reception. Our room was only a view of the parking lot, but we were okay with that, we were not in our room all that much. The view from the pool was great though. It was a very pretty place. We were talking to someone in the pool that worked there one day, and they offered to give us a tour of the place. That was really nice we got to see some of the other rooms they offer. I would stay there again if we went back to Phoenix. If you are looking for some where to stay I would totally recommend this place!

Wonderful Unit, Close Proximity to Airport

by TripAdvisor Member lochfyne

My husband and I stayed at the Legacy for two nights in a one-bedroom, upstairs corner unit which overlooked the golf course. After reading the reviews I requested an upstairs unit, quiet location, nice view. I was very pleased and surprised when my requests were met. The furnishings are very nice, the unit was spotlessly clean, and the view from our balcony was lovely. The people at the front desk were pleasant and efficient. I particularly liked the gym which afforded a pleasant view of the golf course. We got take-out food from the restaurant there which was reasonably priced and tasty enough. The swimming pool looked to be nice too, but we're not swimmers, so we never ventured into it. Now, that first night we hardly slept. We kept hearing what sounded like the front door opening and footsteps coming down the hall. I was a bit scared, and even got up to investigate more than once. Big brave me. If I had been staying on my own, I'd have called the front desk to enquire what was going on. By the way, we heard the same noises during the day, in addition to other odd noises. We never did figure out what the noises were, and in the end, surmised that perhaps the place is haunted?! Or, it could be the building settling? However, all in all, we'd stay at the Legacy again. Its close proximity to the airport is an added attraction.

Blueump's Arizona Page

by Blueump

We stayed in Phoenix at the beautiful Legacy Golf Resort for 7 days for only $1 (see my home page for info). While in Phoenix we took a day trip to Nogales, Mexico, where the kids had a ball buying hats and dresses and all that great stuff! We also hit the huge malls in Phoenix, saw the beautiful Phoenix zoo, watched the World Champion Arrizona Diamondbacks win a ball game, and saw the "western town" of Rawhide. And of course we saw that "little" Grand Canyon.
Overall, the trip to Phoenix was one of the greatest vacation experiences my family has ever had! My kids are 14 & 11 and they had a ball! My only regrets is that we didn't see any elk in the wild and our air conditioner in our mini van was on the blink!

Comments