Legacy Suites

8225 W McDowell Road, Phoenix, Arizona, 85035, United States

Satisfaction Poor

More about Phoenix

Terminals for pickup to railTerminals for pickup to rail

Tempe campus buildingTempe campus building

Bob and Jimi like it here. So will YOU!Bob and Jimi like it here. So will YOU!

Landing into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, May 2009Landing into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, May 2009

College in Phoenix

by scoffy991177

I'm seriously thinking about transferring from college here in michigan to phoenix but I've never actually been yet... I'm considering ASU. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about college life there, how night life is, are there any nice lakes around with beaches? Is it a student friendly city, places to work? any info or tips would be much appreciated!!

THANKS!
Alison

RE: College in Phoenix

by zrim

They don't call it the land of 10,000 lakes for nothing.

So you want to be a Sun Devil

by Confucius

Is there a Phoenix in Minnesota?

I did my graduate studies at Glendale, a suburb of the Phoenix which is in Arizona. My friends and I sometimes went to Tempe for college football games and good Indian restaurants. There is a lake park in Tempe that has a sandy beach at "Splash Playground" for those hot summer days. I would assume it's a student friendly city as Tempe is built around Arizona State University, but I spent most of my time in nearby Glendale.

RE: College in Phoenix

by midnight_mike

I'm assuming you know this, but ASU is the top party school in the country. It attracts people all over the country whose main goal is to get drunk... if an employer sees that school on your resume, they might think about the party stuff and not the academic side ... as far as living and working there, it is suppose to be pretty nice. Really hot, however... I don't know who you are what you want out of your college experience... i'm not going to judge... i just wanted to let you know what a lot of people in this country think about ASU... Go on Yahoo or Google and type in "Party School ASU" and see what you find...

Arizona State: Playboy's #1 Party School

by Confucius

Thanks, Mike! Now I see what I missed during graduate school! I just Googled "Party School" and "Playboy" and found Arizona State University at the top of the current rankings. Here are the notes beneath ASU's ranking:

1. Arizona State
"Tempe has dozens of bars within five miles. We party with superstars like Derek Jeter and Jenna Jameson. We're four hours from Mexico, five hours from Vegas, three hours from Lake Havasu and six hours from LA." --Scott

"An Arizona State graduate who says he has never taken a test hungover is a liar." --Steven

WHERE THE GIRLS ARE: Bar at Dos Gringos Trailer Park restaurant.

WHERE TO MAKE A MULE OF YOURSELF: Vine Tavern and Eatery.

BEST CHEAP BOOZE: Owl's Nest.

WHAT TO DRINK: Jose Cuervo tequila.

SCENE THAT RIVALS SPRING BREAK: The pool at the Marbaya apartment complex on Fridays.

Source: http://www.playboy.com/on-campus/partyschool/index.html

Travel Tips for Phoenix

Golf at Troon

by ddickinson

Troon Golf Course in Scottsdale was a real disappointment. The course is in great shape, but it is boring. The most interesting part of the course are the mansions along the fairways. If you want exciting desert golf, I would recommend Wolf Creek, about 60 miles north of Las Vegas. It is wild and diabolical, the complete opposite of the staid, traditional, every-hole-looks-the-same Troon.

Grand Canyon - 4 hours from Phoenix

by jumpingnorman

Follow I-17N, go through Flagstaff onto 89N and then stop at Cameron Trading Post before going into the Grand Canyon National Park through 64W

The drive to Grand Canyon from Phoenix takes about 3 ½ to 4 ½ hours, and I usually just leave in the morning and return later in the day when bringing friends and relatives.

From Phoenix, I always find it better to drive into the Grand Canyon’s South Rim, coming from the East going West. So I follow I-17. Go up 89N and then stop at the Cameron Trading Post for lunch (admire the nice Native Indian artifacts and silver plate ceilings) and souvenirs, and then follow the road going East to West into the Grand Canyon National Park. Then going back to Phoenix, I just go down the west side by taking 64S towards Williams, 40E to Flagstaff and then I-17S back to Phoenix.

There is an entrance fee for the Grand Canyon Park for vehicles, starting at about $25 I think for cars, and the pass is valid for a few days. Or you can even buy a yearly pass if you are going to other national Parks around the USA.

In-N-Out Burgers

by Aaron7 about Fastfood

This is a typical fast food hamburger restaurant. The menu is somewhat limited, consisting of little more than a hamburger, cheeseburgeer, and fries, but it has gained a huge following by allowing patrons to order to their needs. (Trust me these restaurannts can be very crowded!) You can order a "6x6" if you want, a burger with six patties and six pieces of cheese. There are even certain styles of food you can request, for example, animal style fries come soaked with meat juices and cheese. The food is advertised as being high quality with hamburger meat that is never frozen, fries made straight from fresh potatoes, and real old-fashioned milkshakes. They try to be enviormentally friendly and wrap all the food in paper products rather than plastics or styrofoam. Another odd quirk is the scripture verses that they mark inobtrusively on the bottom of their wrappers and cups. Mine came marked "John 3:16" and "Nahum 1:7". The double double wasn't bad. But it tasted like any other fast food burger to me.

Nice Ambiance/Good Prices

by AVG2319 about Valle Luna Mexican Restaurant

I rarely like to create Restaurant Tips because so many people have different tastes, but I only mention places I would eat again.
I have been to many Mexican restaurants in the valley and feel the Valle Luna is one of the better in the City. It is small and personal with nice ambience and friendly staff. Complimentary Warm chips and salsa and good food at good prices. What more could you want? Enchiladas are very tasty.

Frank Lloyd Wright's 'Taliesin...

by ArrJay

Frank Lloyd Wright's 'Taliesin West'
Explore what started at the winter home for Architect Frank Lloyd Wright. Take one of the tours or several that are offered, and notice the harmonious relationship between builder and environment.

Comments