Phoenix Hotels

Our Members Say

• deborahwheeler1 profile photo deborahwheeler1
  • Reviews: 9

Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix: Recommend Ritz-Carlton

I recently stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix and highly recommend it. If you are going to be in the Phoenix area or are looking for the perfect getaway destination, you must plan a stay at the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix. From romantic weekends to celebrations for that special someone, or girlfriend getaway weekends, the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix can make your stay special. From the convenient location (central to the Phoenix sights and located near shopping, entertainment, and activities) to the upscale surroundings (that will make you feel like you are living in luxury), the Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix is sure to please. I highly recommend the Ritz-Carlton for all your special occasion events. Think of them first for birthdays, anniversaries, family reunions, holidays, weddings, work gatherings, and any other occasion that you want to elevate to a special occasion. You can enjoy their formal afternoon tea service, lounges, and restaurant anytime, no special occasion required. I encourage you to make your reservation today to ensure your next outing is a ritzy one.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel, Luxury Travel
  • Written November 20, 2012

The Ritz-Carlton, Phoenix

• Paisleypaul profile photo Paisleypaul
  • Reviews: 353

Hilton Garden Inn: Avondale - Phoenix suburb

Again this was a free night with the Hilton Honors loyalty scheme so not sure of the exact rate. A pleasant and easy drive from the city centre but also far enough from the Avondale suburb itself that it is so quiet we had a great rest.

Sort of place you wish you were staying longer!

Wonderful pool with make up water spilllinginat the (not so) deepend via the big kind of clam shell - see pictures.

Great crab salad in the diner

• Related to: Business Travel, Luxury Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written February 8, 2010

Hilton Garden Inn Avondale

• LaceyAdkisson profile photo LaceyAdkisson
  • Reviews: 24

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beautiful Track Neighborhoods!: Rent a House!

Instead of getting an expensive hotel for our party of 6, we rented a beautiful home in surprise Arizona, only 10 minutes from the New Dodger Town. It had a pool, jacuzzi, beautiful master suit, 4 bedrooms and worked out to be SO much less than hotel room.
Great thing to be about renting a house is you can BBQ out by the pool, make your own cocktails, and it saves you A LOT of money.
Right now to rent a house for a week is VERY cheap since the real estate market is doing do poorly.
The houses all around us had for sale, for auction or foreclosure signs up. SO if you have the cash and credit NOW is the time to buy!

Stucco home, with a Spanish style roof, two stories, and impeccable decorating!

• Related to: Road Trip
  • Written April 2, 2009
Tip Photo

• jumpingnorman profile photo jumpingnorman
  • Reviews: 927

Renaissance Glendale Hotel: New and classy hotel --- west of Phoenix

Renaissance Glendale Hotel
9495 W. Coyotes Blvd, Glendale, AZ 85305
(623) 937-3700

This is another successful Marriott venture --- building a classy hotel right beside the University of Phoenix Stadium built for the Super Bowl of 2008 --- Home of the Arizona Cardinals! And beside the amazing entertainment center of Westgate...

I saw this hotel rise from the ground since we live near it. The first time I set foot in it was when our friend’s daughter had her formal 18th debutante’s party ( attended by about 400 close friends and relatives in a wonderful ballroom). The food was likewise impeccable. The sound system and lights were the latest technology.

The façade at the lobby is impressive. The hotel has a wonder restaurant called Soleil in which we’ve had quite a few breakfasts --- and the preparation of the meals are definitely topnotch (compliments to the chef). There are 11 floors, 272 rooms and 46 suites, 30 meeting rooms --- so nice to have something so spectacularly huge just a few blocks from our home. When I have guests, I just bring them there for a little snack or breakfast. There is also a spa and I think my wife will be trying it out soon.

Soleil Restaurant, 30 meeting rooms (95,000 sq ft)

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written January 23, 2009

Debutante Ball at Renaissance Hotel, Glendale, AZ

• mpces5 profile photo mpces5
  • Reviews: 1

Windemere Hotel and Conference Center: Terrific Service in Mesa, AZ

We've stayed here the past three years. The hotel grounds are very nice, with nice patios and clean, large rooms. During our recent stay (over the Thanksgiving holiday) we lost our sons shoes and my cell charger. I asked about the sandals two days earlier but they hadn’t turned up. After calling about the charger not only did they promptly send it, but my sons sandals as well!!! That is what I call fantastic service!!! Someone was really on the ball. During our stay all the staff was very courteous and helpful in every respect. We've been to other hotels where we've forgotten things that were taken by housekeeping and never recovered and where it took over an hour to have something delivered to our room. Not at this hotel, the staff was very responsive and friendly.

Every room on the bottom floor has a patio that opens up to a large, grassy area in-between the wings. This is a great area to relax on your patio, or for the kids to play. You can also get to the rec. room, pool and lobby by going out the back patio and walking inside the complex to the main areas.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written December 6, 2008

• SedonaDee profile photo SedonaDee
  • Reviews: 57

The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa: Upscale Spa & Family Fun Rolled Into One

This Starwood Hotel property is a great place to stay to re-energize your mind, body, & spirit! I recently spent a night at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa for a real estate conference. I was very impressed with the quality of amenities, numerous & well-trained staff, top notch spa, beautiful golf course, unbeatable children's program, and large meeting facilities. It is rated at an AAA 4 Diamond Resort, and I feel that is deserved.

In your room will be a program of activities for people of all ages, called "Pathfinder." It had a plethora of fun activities for everyone, like Hatha Yoga, Kids' Club, Animation Creation, Story Time, Teen Club, Kids Pajama Party, Tug-O-War, Adult Bingo, Teddy Bear Stuffing, Teen Golf Clinic, Guitar Hero for Teens, and much more. Adults or kids should never be bored here.

The rooms were well-appointed with all granite counters, wonderful "Heavenly Bed", nice balcony on my room, safe in every room, and very clean. My bathroom only had a shower, which is all I need, but if you prefer a bath, make sure yours has one on making the reservation. I especially loved all the outlets in the room, and the nice big mirror over the wet-bar area. It would allow someone to do their hair, while the other person was in the bathroom. The rooms are ALL NON-SMOKING and if they find evidence of smoking in the room or balcony, your credit card will be charged $200.

There was no microwave in my room, but the suites may have them. I thought there was no hairdryer, but I eventually found one in a cute basket in the closet.

A bagpiper plays outside by the golf course at sunset. I enjoyed dining outside at Nellie Cashman's at the Resort while listening to the talented bagpiper, who played well over an hour. Families sat on the grass on a beautiful evening listening to his lovely Scottish music with the undulating green of the fairway behind.

NEGATIVE COMMENT: Even though I had a terrific stay at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, I was surprised to see a $24.00 parking fee on my bill. When I left my car with the Valet, he did not tell me that there was a parking fee. He did tell me there was a parking lot where I could park it myself. I don't know if that one was free or not, but I like being told ahead if there is a parking charge, as this is not the norm in Phoenix. Usually at hotels, you can park free. Anyway, I just wanted to warn you about this and you should ask them if there is free parking and where it is.

The Westin Kierland Resort & Spa offers 2 terrific pools, as well as a "lazy river" tubing feature. I spent time in the large pool pictured here. I don't think any of it was over 3 1/2 ft., so great for kids. There was also an adults-only lap pool.

This resort is only a block away from great shopping & restaurants at Kierland Commons shopping destination, that has a nice no-car boulevard down the middle with lots of trees.

This resort allows non-guests to rent cabanas, for about $65/day Mon-Thurs., and $90 Fri-Sun. The cabanas have TV's with DVD players and are located in the kids' pool area, or the quieter adults-only area.

This Resort has received numerous accolades, to include:
-"Most Kid-Friendly Resort," from Los Angeles Times, 2007

• cherylrf profile photo cherylrf
  • Reviews: 29

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Westgate Painted Mountain Golf Resort: A little disapointing

We stayed at this hotel April 5 - 12, 2008. It was a nice place to stay but definately an older property and needs some upgrades. One restaurant - not too good. Golf Course on property and it looked very nice. No shuttle service anywhere so that was an inconvenience because husband had to use the rental car. No body lotion in rooms - this is Arizona - everyone NEEDS body lotion. Also no shower cap - would have come in handy too.

• Related to: Family Travel, Seniors
  • Written April 14, 2008

• susanpingu profile photo susanpingu
  • Reviews: 98

Metcalf House Hostel: Budget accomodation

If you're travelling alone and on a budget, this place is fine. The people who run this hostel are friendly and helpful.

Where else can you get travel buddies at such short notice? I checked into the hostel late Monday afternoon and the next day I had two young ladies accompany me to Desert Botanical Garden and Old Town Scottsdale.

The hostel is open for check in from 6 to 10 AM and again from 5 to 10 PM. If you're there in the afternoon and the door is locked, just relax in the front yard or porch until someone shows up.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 4, 2006

• cherylrf profile photo cherylrf
  • Reviews: 29

The Villas of Gold Canyon: Luxury at it's best

I don't think I have ever stayed in such a beautiful place. The Villa was at the foot of the Superstition Mountains. The rooms were all white with teal and green and yellow furnishings. The pictures on the walls even reflected the same colors. Everything was so clean and well kept. There is a spa on the premisis and a nice size pool. Also there are 3 restaurants in the lobby of the resort. One restaurant is actually a deck outside of the other restaurant. The food was very good and they have daily specials that are reasonably priced. The most special feature was the hot tub on our private patio! This was luxurious. We will go back!

• Related to: Spa and Resort
  • Written October 23, 2006

• bocmaxima profile photo bocmaxima
  • Reviews: 248

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Holiday Inn Select Phoenix Sky Harbor: another old, dumpy holiday inn

This had just switched to a Crowne Plaza when I stayed here, so they were in the middle of upgrading the place.
The first oddity here was the parking situation. There is a large office building basically on top of the hotel, and there is a parking garage built for it. There are signs near the entrance of this garage that indicate it is for employees only. The lot for guests is a small string of spaces which make an "L" into the cross streets. Parking in the garage may have been available to guests, although I didn't get in late and didn't have to ask.
The lobby in this hotel is enormous, probably a little over half a football field long. One end zone is the door, where the other is the restaurant and bar.
I went to the bar that night, which had an impressive draft beer selection, a decent menu and a pool table. The staff was also very friendly (as with the rest of the hotel) and the guests seemed to mostly be business travelers stuck for the night from Sky Harbor Airport.
Like all Holiday Inns now, this one boasted high-speed internet. However, this is an older building, and the infrastructure is just not there for CAT-5s. The wireless was mediocre to say the least. I ended up moving the desk to my door. The alternative was to have an intermittent, slow connection.
There is a Circle K and Hohokham cultural site/museum across the street, and a community college and dog track just down Washington. If you don't know, Washington Street is a pretty bad part of town, but you should feel fine at least walking to the Circle K.

Good bar/restaurant inside lobby
Across the street from a very interesting museum/cultural site
Easy access to freeways, free shuttle to/from airport
Near what is referred to as Phoenix's Chinatown, although it's just a shopping center

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written October 24, 2005

• SmileyLeSa profile photo SmileyLeSa
  • Reviews: 208

Crowne Plaza Hotel Phoenix-Downtown/City Center: Crowne Plaza

Nice hotel and friendly service. Hotel located a few blocks from the convention center and the ball park.

• Written October 24, 2004

Crowne Plaza Hotel

• dshinkle profile photo dshinkle
  • Reviews: 37

Wyndham Buttes Resort: Beautiful resort on a mountaintop

I have read a lot of bad things about the Buttes (usually too much noise from the nearby freeway and that it is a bit older), but I have always loved it's location. It is perched on a hill (a butte) overlooking Tempe and Phoenix. They were running a special so I decided to stay there last weekend and find out for myself.

I had a great time. The room was spacious and clean, there was no noise from the freeway that runs about 200 yards away, and the staff was very friendly.

This resort is all about the pool and the restaurants. The pool curves through the side of the mountain, so that as you sit at the pool you are looking down on the city and all the mountains. The view is stunning. There is a great bar next to the pool and you can order food right there. The prices are also very reasonable. At other resorts a margarita can cost $12.00. Here they were selling them at 2 for $5 (on a Saturday night even). And the burger I ordered poolside was so good I ordered another one the next day.

The restaurants here shine. Top of the Rock is considered one of the most romantic in Phoenix. I had the Sunday buffet at the Market Cafe. $14.00 with an incredible view.

And the best part about the resort is the location. Mill Ave is 2 miles away and downtown Phoenix is 10 minutes.

If you are looking for a nice resort that isn't too expensive, consider the Buttes.

* Luxurious, homelike rooms with spectacular views
* Three restaurants and three bars - including outdoor seating
* Free-form pool, 4 mountainside spas, sand volleyball, lighted tennis courts, jogging and biking trails and a fully equipped fitness center

• Written September 7, 2004

Wyndham Buttes Resort

• dshinkle profile photo dshinkle
  • Reviews: 37

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: A perfect family resort

The Princess is a 5 star resort that is the perfect base for any north Scottsdale / Phoenix vacation.

If you are traveling with kids, this is a great place to stay. They have adult and kiddy pools, twin waterslides, swim up bars, and the pool is always a perfect temperature. At night they have a dive-in movie, where you float on inner tubes and watch a kid-oriented movie in the pool (when I went it was Toy Story 2).

In the summer they have deep discounts.

Next door are two TPC golf courses, which are also deeply discounted in the summer (just get an early T-time).

The neighborhood around it is beautiful desert and one of the richest areas of North Scottsdale. Great restaurants like Barcelona are nearby as is shoppling such as Desert Ridge and Kierland Commons. You can go for a walk up pinnacle peak, or arrange with the hotel for an amazing balloon ride or jeep trip (I recommend both).

The resort is on 450 acres, so there is plenty of desert beauty. We had the cheapest room there and it was a full suite with a great view of a lake and it looked brand new.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written August 23, 2004

Fairmont Scottsdale Princess

• ostbarn profile photo ostbarn
  • Reviews: 4

Park Thomas East (Warren Properties): Phoenix on a budget

No need to break the bank to come to Phoenix Arizona. For $200 per week there is comfortable accommodation for two people at Apartment buildings like this one. Friends stayed here 2 weeks end of March 2004 and had no complaints.

Between Phoenix and Scottsdale. On bus route. Swimming pool on site, Laundry facilities.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Golf
  • Written June 11, 2004

• Hermanater profile photo Hermanater
  • Reviews: 204

Best Western - Dobson Ranch and Inn: Very nice hotel in Mesa

The hotel room we had contained 2 queen beds. The room was large compaired to most hotels. There was a nice big soft chair and stool with a desk, large t.v. and seperate room for the sink and closet.

The Mexican restaurant Macayo is located about 1 block south (see restaurant tips)

The pool was very warm and the hot tub HOT.
The hotel was very well kept and the service was great. The grounds were very nice.

A great place to stay. While we were there, the Chicago Cubs were there for spring training......

• Related to: Family Travel