Pointe Hilton At Squaw Peak Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Stumble and WIN

Yes. We stumbled onto this hotel. It was the cheapest Hilton in town on the night we were there. It came recommended by a friend and we stayed. If you can get a cheap rate here I highly recommend it. Still a good place at a higher rate. But we do love value here dont we.

• Sunshine64's Profile Photo

Full of Kids

The Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak is huge. Finding the main entrance was our first adventure, but once we found it we were treated very well. The front desk service was wonderful, and my Hilton Hhonors Gold status was recognized, where in many business hotels, it seems to make little difference.

Were upgraded to a Casita, which are smaller structures with 3-4 townhouses - Living room, mini-kitchen (microwave-only, no stove) and 1/2 bath downstaris, bedroom, full bath and pretty large deck upstairs. There was also another bedroom with an ajoining door that we didn't have access to - but would be a great add-on for families.

Unique Quality: The River Ranch is a "water park" strictly for use by hotel guests. Depending on the package you buy, the River Ranch may be included, or you may have to pay to use it. It's nice because it's on site, but it's not really that big, if you compare it to a commercial water park.

Most likely because of the water park, this is popular place for families. Don't expect an adult environment. If you want any kind of peace and quiet, do not eat in the Hole in the Wall - although they do have a good breakfast : ). The Lantana Grille is geared more for adults, but didn't like the breakfast as well - although the coffee was better.

There is a gym and spa on site. These can be used by the general public for a fee, and you may or may not have to pay to use the gym (and take classes) depending on your status with Hilton.

If' you're looking for a true spa experience, go outside the hotel. My friend and I each got a massage, and while my muscles still benefitted, it was the least relaxing massage I've ever had - it was more like a hair cut. No atmosphere & the masseuse chatted the entire time.

Also.... you'd think I would have learned this lesson by now.... Don't trust the Concierge for restaurant recommendation. While the places she suggested were nice, they were not what we described, or were chains. How much creativity does it take to recommend a chain?

There is a great Italian restaurant w/i walking didstance of the hotel - Tutti Santi. The Concierce did recommend it, but I'd read about it beforehand, so wanted to try it anyway.

More about Pointe Hilton At Squaw Peak Hotel

Faded, needs remodel

The Squaw Peak Hilton may have been nice a decade or two ago, but now it is badly in need of a remodel. The furniture and design is dated.
Rugs, furniture, and bedding are old, faded, and threadbare. Paint was chipped and damaged throughout. TV and fridge appeared to be at least ten years old. Bedrooms are relatively small, bathrooms are congested, lighting was poor. Multiple items required repair during our stay due to delayed maintenance. We were in a two bedroom casita (basically a condo) on the property. We switched rooms once because we were disappointed with the quality, but the second room had the same problems.

Had a great time

We stayed at Pointe Hilton at Squaw Peak Resort back in July 2003. I was very happy when we drove in. Everyone was very helpful - our room was large enough for the 5 of us. Having two TV's was great. We had tickets to the Arizona Diamondbacks games and the staff was great in helping us find out way there. The Waterpark was the best. My kids (ages 10, 7 and 3) loved it. The lazy river ride was relaxing. The kids loved the slide and the water fall. The games for the kids was fun and we just loved the shaved ice. The Mexican Rest. had excellent food the the service was wonderful. We had a great time - we can't wait to go back. Excellent place to stay with kids.

Loved it

My husband and I loved it. We went over Labor Day Weekend 2003 and had no problems with it. We thought the room was gorgeous with a nice southwestern theme. We visited the waterpark and had a lot of fun.
Thought it was great they showed movies at night and you could relax in the pool while eating popcorn. We had dinner one night at the Hole in the Wall and it was good. We also had friendly and attentive staff. We had a great time and would definitely go back. Great place for families with children.

The best hotel in the southwest United states

My family and I stayed at this resort in March/April 2000 I thought it was a great hotel with fun swimming pools.I think it was worth the 6 hour flight from Indianapolis. I have stayed at a lot of hotes but I think this one was the best

A disappointment

by TripAdvisor Member twocoasts

I stayed at the Squaw Peak last week for a business meeting. I had been eagerly anticipating my stay, since I've been to it's sister property--the Tapitio Cliffs and reallly enjoyed it. Boy was I disappointed!

This property is old, and it looks it. The rooms are fine---clean and updated--but the property itself is quite run down. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful but I never got passed the fact that the hotel itself is nowhere near a peak---it's on a busy road across the street from a bank--and that the grounds, elevators, hallways were a mess.

The food at the main restaurant was adequate at best. Same for room service. And if you're thinking of planning a meeting here, be warned---the catering is really sub-par.

If I had to stay here again for business, I'd do it. But never for pleasure. At least I earned some Hilton points!

Good Time at the Peak

We've stayed at the Squaw Peak last two years in a row. The hotel is an excellent place for a family. The water park is great, the shallow pool as well as the slide are great for younger kids. Rooms are plenty big for a family of 4. The only down side to the rooms is the channel selection. There are no channels for kids under 10. Disney is OK during the day, but in the evening when the programming changes to an older audience, kids under 10 have nothing to occupy them. If you can, bring your own DVD player with movies for kids or they will be bored in the room. We're planning going there, again, this year and hopefully things stay the same or change for the better(TV channels). Highly recommend the property for families.

Needs a facelift

The Pointe hasn't been remodeled since the 70s and it shows. The rooms are adequate, but nothing special. We had to pay an additional fee (on top of a very high room rate) to use the fitness facility. Staffing was thin and not particularly strong. Our dinner at the poolside restaurant was very mediocre. Kids have fun with the pools and related amusement areas, but unless you get a fabulous rate you can do better elsewhere in the Phoenix area.

Comments