Renaissance Phoenix Downtown

50 East Adams Street, (formerly Crowne Plaza), Phoenix, Arizona, 85004, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 97% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Below average than most North America Wyndham

Definitely not recommended. I have stayed at Wyndham in many cities. This one is independently owned. The rooms are dirty with many stains on the carpet. Upholstery on chair has stain marks and worn. I also find the bed linens quite itchy. Staff are quite rude as well.

More about Wyndham Phoenix

Wyndham Phoenix a big disappointment!

by TripAdvisor Member NancyAtlanta

Stayed at the Wyndham in Phoenix for an onsight conference in January, 2007. I travel a good bit for business and I do not demand a lot. I was very disappointed! The rooms are in major need of an overhaul! I talked with many other coworkers also staying at the hotel who said the same thing about their rooms. The carpet in my room was worn and stained, and the room did not have enough lamps for adequate lighting. My wall-unit hairdryer was no longer hanging and I had to get the entire unit out of the closet each day. The bathrooms are tiny and mine was unclean. Every morning at breakfast people were complaining that there was no hot water. I took a cold shower two days and lukewarm the others. In addition, the remote on my tv did not work.
On a positive note, the lobby was fairly nice and attractive. Unfortunately, the elevators often had long lines and it would take quite some time to get up or downstairs.
The location of the hotel is good if you want to be downtown. I am sure it is obvious though that I would NOT recommend this hotel.

Great Place

This hotel has an absolutely gorgeous lobby with a contemporary theme. The lounge / bar area is very nice and inviting. They have happy hour at 5pm with flat screen televisions in various locations

The rooms at the Wyndham are great. Very clean and nice. Absolutely no complaints.

The staff was very friendly and helpful

The hotel is also located two blocks away from Us Airways Arena , formerly america west arena. It is a great place to stay to watch a suns game.

I think the valet park was $19

Housekeeping, room service (food) & gift shop

First want to say that, other than housekeeping, my stay at the Wyndham was fairly pleasant. The service personnel were gracious, the manager on duty at any time was friendly and helpful, the concierge was terrific. Everyone was cheerful and accomodating.

In my teens I was a motel housekeeper - I am now a fairly frequent business traveler and I appreciate good housekeeping.

On my third night at the hotel there were bugs in my room - what I assume were crickets - and that the maid had left the balcony door open because I saw these bugs on the balcony, there was also a dirty towel left on the balcony. There were also very noticeable cobwebs hanging from the ceiling. When I phoned the front desk about the bugs - I was immediately moved to a suite, an upgrade, at no extra charge. The manager personally brought me the keys and was very nice. I also was told they had talked to the housekeeper.

The new room had a large sitting area with a sectional. There was a dirty sock under one cushion, and very noticeable urine stains on the toilet base. The full length mirror in the bathroom was dirty. When I removed one set of a hand towel and washcloth from the bar in the dressing area it simply wasn't replaced - this being a suite that accomodates several people I think it's only proper to have the intended set of three each. I had removed one pillow from the second bed to place under my knees at night, and the next day it was simply thrown on the bed rather than placed under the bedspread. Like I said, having been a motel housekeeper myself - I do notice these things.

I will be phoning the hotel - I had forgotten to give them all of the details - and from what I observed they do take interest in their patrons' satisfaction.

As with most of my trips - I don't get out much, and if there is no kitchenette I normally order room service. The quality of the food was OK, though my first night I had ordered pan fried noodles with chicken and shrimp, with a ginger sauce, and it was bone dry - even the noodles, with a rather bitter aftertaste. One sandwich dish stated it had a side of avocado - which consisted of pureed avocado - if you got it at all. I ordered this more than once, and though well cooked I only got the avocado once so the sandwich was bone dry. I even specifically asked for the side of avocado - still it wasn't delivered. For the price of room service I expect better. The servers were fine however, always very polite and professional.

Not sure if the gift shop is a private enterprise, but the woman running the place was not the friendliest person I've ever met - to put it lightly. First I had to call out to her to get her to come to the front desk - this was at 7:30 in the morning, but she had just served another customer. I had considered buying some souveniers for my young relatives back home, but changed my mind after dealing with this person.

Otherwise, the hotel is relatively comfortable. The beds are adequate; I have a very bad back and slept fairly well so I consider them to be above average. The furniture was in good shape. The toiletries are above average.

nice downtown hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Glennswo

I strayed at this hotel because I was going to two games at Chase field which is a short walk. The lobby was impressive. the front desk was very friendly. the rooms were nice and big. the beds were very comfortable. The outdoor pool was nice. especially for a day that was 103. the excersise room had a lot of machines to use. The parking per day was $10 a day not bad for a downtown hotel. I would reccomend this hotel foranybody that is in town going to the US Air Arena or Chase Field

Very Nice and Convenient to Downtown Activities

by TripAdvisor Member reb1964

I stayed at this hotel for a conference for 5 nights in May. I found the King bed room very nice. It was nicely appointed and spacious.

The most disappointing aspect the stay was the quality of the food served from room service. I found the food at this level hotel to be bland and unacceptable. Fortunately, there are several really good, not terribly expensive eateries in the immediate area, and excellent restaurants in the Phoenix area.

Nice Downtown Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Phantom03

We stayed here in August 2006 for a Diamondbacks game and to explore Phoenix.

This hotel is extremely convenient to downtown attractions like Chase Field, etc. The hotel staff was friendly and courteous during our 2 day stay. The room was clean, comfortable and secure. We did not use room service nor did we eat in the hotel restaurant. We did not use the fitness center either (not our idea of a vacation). The pool was closed, but guests were given passes to use the Hyatt pool right next door. For what the hotel had control over, there wasn't much to complain about unless you are expecting some kind of 5-star luxury treatment (it's a Wyndham, not the Ritz). If you need to stay downtown, I would recommend this hotel if you get a decent rate.

Things around the hotel you should know: They roll the sidewalks up in downtown Phoenix around 3:00 except for just a few local watering holes and restaurants. Construction is everywhere too. I would only stay downtown if you need to. Outside of town is much nicer and parking is usually free. Scottsdale is the happening part of town. If you do stay at the Wyndham and/or downtown, avoid the Subway sandwich shop across the street (it is horrible). Instead go to the Downtown Deli (also across the street), the food there is delicious.

bloody bedding

by TripAdvisor Member breemak

if you like bloody sheets and comfortor on your "clean" room stay here. elevator wher broke and when they worked they where very slow. for the price of this room i should not have had to ask for clean bedding

Nice hotel, pity about the elevators

by TripAdvisor Member Jsyd

I stayed at this hotel for a convention in September. The hotel was very nice with a large spacious room and very comfortable beds. The staff were friendly and more than happy to attend to the details. Before I arrived I joined the free Wyndham ByRequest club after seeing the benefits listed on the hotel website. It was nice to have a complimentary snack and drink waiting for me when I arrived. The hotel was very central to the convention center only about 2 blocks away, there were lots of places to eat around the hotel as well in all price ranges. If the hotel was just about the room and the quality of that I would have been very happy. However, the elevators really let the hotel down. For the entire 7 days that I stayed there were problems, on 1 occasion it took me 15 minutes to come down from the 17th floor to the loby, I could have walked so much faster than that if it was an option! By the time the elevators did arrive they stopped at every floor making for a very tedious journey. There were even orderly lines formed in the lobby of people waiting to go back to their rooms. I can understand mechanical failures happening and I can put up with that for a short time but not for the entire time. I do hope this problem has been fixed by now.

Great lobby, rooms need work

If you have to stay in downtown Phoenix, there is not a lot of choice. This hotel is in a very central location and the lobby is wonderful - very contemporary design and a nice place to hang out and relax. Also has a Starbucks off the lobby. The renovations obviously ended there. The elevators are from the 70's and the rooms look about the same. Our King petite suite was very roomy and the view was nice - we were on the 11th floor, but it was very dated and the carpet was worn and dirty. Service at the front desk was quick but not very friendly and service in the lobby bar was non-existent unless you walked up to the actual bar and that was crowded and busy. We got a decent rate for our room, but if you're expecting the rooms to reflect the cool lobby, you'll be very disappointed.

Comments