4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 119% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• dapa18's Profile Photo

Jewell in Phoenix

This spanish mediterranean boutique style hotel is newly remodeled.Excellent location and settings.Only 15 min. from airport 10 min.from shopping and nightlife in historic Scottsdale district.On side restaurant and piano bar.T-cooks restaurant best in town.Hotel located beneth of Camelback mountain.

Unique Quality: Style,location,food

Directions: Camelback rd. and 52 nd st.

More about Royal Palms

Quite the Desert Oasis!

Two weeks ago, my partner-in-crime & I decided to venture to places unknown... we found ourselves at the Royal Palms Resort & Spa. We LOOOVED it! The weather, the service, the rooms, the pool & the cigar lounge - everything was AWESOME! So awesome in fact, I've started looking for a vacation property in the area! Although the overall service was fantastic, the bellmen/valets were THE BEST! Cheers! Thank you for a memorable and relaxing weekend! We're looking forward to another visit!

The MOST Romantic Restaurant...

by prvixen777 about T. Cooks at the Royal Palms Resort

Everything about this restaurant screams luxury and romance.. From the complimentary valet, to the lush carpets, to the beautiful decor. The grounds at the Royal Palms are open, and I highly recommend walking around their lush gardens before your dinner. When at the restaurant, the service is impeccable, the food presentation is artful, and your memories will last you a lifetime. I had crabcakes for an appetizer, followed by lobster ravioli, with prickly pear creme brulee for dessert... The creme brulee was too beautiful to eat...it came with a gorgeous sugar sculpture...it broke my heart to eat it, but it was SO delicious.. The entire meal was magical...the ambiance was serene, and romantic...this is the type of restaurant people get engaged at!

One of the best resorts that I have ever stayed in

This was truly one of the prettiest resorts that we have ever stayed in. The hot tub and pool(which is heated) are located within clear view of Camelback Mountain. The grounds of the resort are just beautiful, the staff is extremely courteous and professional. The area is also great--five minute drive from Echo Canyon, ten minutes from Papago Park and the botanical gardens and zoo, and about 20 minutes from the airport and downtown Phoenix.
Just ask for a room towards the back of the property, away from the noise of Camelback Road, and just know that there is an additional $22 per night "resort fee" which takes the place of tipping the staff.

The best hotel I've ever stayed in

I spent four nights at the Royal Palms (late March 2005) and had an excellent experience. The service could not have been better, and every staff person I encountered was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the decor and furnishings, and the landscaping and beautiful flowers were such a treat after the winter we've had in the Northeast.

Very pretty hotel with nice service but average room

by TripAdvisor Member luv2travel63

I just returned from a weekend trip for business at the Royal Palms. I was put in regular room next to the road. The room had low ceilings, a small bathroom and no water pressure. The room was very dark because the main window looked out to the walkway to the other rooms so if you opened your blinds anybody in the hallway could look right in your room. Truely an awful setup. I also requested a king bed but was given two doubles instead. The beds were extremely comfortable but I don't like to travel and stay in a bed smaller than mine at home. I was told they would move me the next day but never contacted me so I didn't bother to switch. The tv was an old Zenith 25 inch with a dull picture. Also the towels were very small for a five star hotel. The pool was small and the lounge chairs all occupied. You had to wait for the pool guy to find you a chair once somebody left. It was a very quite and adult type area and not very good for children.
On the positive side, the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful and caring. The food at all the functions was great and the grounds are wonderful. The lobby is warm and inviting. Overall a lovely resort but the room was just so dark and depressing I'm not sure I would want to stay there again unless I could get a room in another location. I've stayed at most of the other upscale places in Scottsdale and the darkness of the room was a real turnoff. I also missed not having a golf course on the grounds. I would not bring my kids to this resort as it would be a real dissapointment for them compared to the Phoenician, Biltmore, Hyatt, or Princess.

Loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member jroth314

My wife and I spent a wonderful, romantic 4 days at this resort. The grounds were beautiful with all kinds of quiet nooks and crannys to walk through and relax in. We stayed in a regular room on the second floor with a balcony. Although the balcony overlooked the parking lot and street in one direction, we also had a terrific view of the mountains in the other direction. The staff was attentive and friendly at all times. The spa facilities were top notch, and we found the pool area to be relaxing and convenient. We will definitely stay there again.

Meditteranean Charmer

by TripAdvisor Member Jerseybabs

I just returned from a "girls" weekend at the Royal Palms. It is a charming, beautifully decorated property with a lot of unique touches, e.g., gardens, fountains, meditteranean touches. It's not as big as some of the other resorts in the area but is laid out so you'll always have plenty of beautiful things to look at. We stayed in their casitas which were wonderful, with gardens in the front and back. The staff was helpful and mostly very pleasant. The Alvador spa is a lovely place with a very warm staff. Book early as their appointments tend to fill up quickly. The pool is very nice but is smallish if the hotel is fully booked. T. Cooke's is a delicious restaurant for every meal of the day. The Royal Palms is a very special place that I would recommend to a couple for a romantic getaway, to ladies for a girls weekend, and especially to engaged couples for a wedding ceremony.

A beautiful resort

by TripAdvisor Member njtravlgrl

My boyfriend and I stayed at The Royal Palms June 23 - 26. I had a business meeting on the 23rd so we decided to use the opportunity to extend our stay. I travel a lot for business and have stayed in some of the best resorts in the US. The Royal Palms ranks in my top 3. My laptop crashed before my meeting and concierge offered their IT services, as well as finding me a "Data Drs." nearby. Even though it is a resort that most people go to to get away, they are well equipped for business travelers.
Kris at the front desk recommended Daniel's - a small Italian restaurant just down Camelback. It was wonderful! I highly recommend it!
Definitely book your spa appointment before you go - they book up very early - especially on Friday and Saturday. It is understandable why this is one of the top ranked spas in the US. The staff is very accomodating, the grounds are beautiful, the mediterranean decor is exquisite and the beds are soooo comfortable. One of the best nights sleep I've had on the road.
We loved it and would definitely go back. If you are looking for a romantic getaway Royal Palms is it!

Paradise in the Desert

by TripAdvisor Member Travelturtle

Words can't even begin to describe this lovely best-kept-secret. Tucked in the dusty foothills of Camelback Mountain, the Royal Palms is an oasis of historic palm trees, lush gardens, vibrant lawns, mosaic fountains, and reflecting pools. The entire experience appeals to all senses...the mourning doves cooing, the gentle breeze carrying orange blossom perfume, the cool mist from the poolside cabana, the decadent food from the exquisitely appointed restaurant and lounge. Mom and I went for a Girls Weekend and indulged in Alvadora spa treaments (Orange Blossom Body Buff and Aromatherapy Massage). The spa is hands-down (or hands-on) the most decadent, soul-refreshing, spirit-rejuvinating space in which I have ever had the pleasure of lounging. It's a study in catering to one's every whim. I could go on endlessly about the peppermint towels, the plunge pool, the private outdoor showers, but suffice it to say that we nearly melted in the joy of simply being there. The Royal Palms staff were infinitely helpful and friendly, and the turndown service with chocolates was just one of the many nice touches of this special inn. We will return again and again and again! Please don't ever change!

Comments