Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa

Tags

Spa and Resort Golf
See Amenities

Sheridan Wild Horse Fails the 4th of July

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 4, 2011

From the start, despite a reservation with a PRINTED early checkin of 2pm AND I called 2 days ahead to confirm the 2pm check in so that my 83 y/o Mom would get into a room pretty quickly upon arrival. But no, no room ready, lesser view rooms offered but the type room we reserved not ready for 2 hours while she sat in a lobby, uncomfortable after a 2 hr drive. The whole reason I confirmed this was the two hour drive...had they said not possible I could have readjusted, but they said fine. And then FAILED completely. I should have left then.

But no, we checked in. We ate one meal at Ko'Sin which was awesome. Lobby bar food is great and service is wonderful.

But the rest? A fiasco of non-Sheraton level behavior and atmosphere.The room safe did not work, the mini fridge was locked and I had to call for a key.

But the WORST thing was people running around not properly dressed, bikinis in the lobby, bare-chested men everywhere, I saw more "butt cracks" in 48 hours than I hope to ever see again, and ALL of them in the bldg, the lobby, running around the areas where people eat and drink. One lady put her dirty bare feet ON one of the tables in the bar lobby where people are served food. Just non-Sheraton level stuff every which way.

Last year at the AZ Biltmore they also had tons of folks taking advantage of the $99-149 room rates, more families, prob more middle and lower income, lots of children, but the rules were the same : NO BARE CHESTS, no uncovered bikinis wandering around the hotel, lobby etc, signs to cover properly before leaving the pool. And people obeyed them and had a great time. All the Sheraton had to do was keep the expectation level high and people will comply. Instead, it was seriously Howard Johnsons atmosphere, Motel 6.....definitely not Sheraton.

And then the fireworks, which no one could see. Tables set up with food/wine for sale that IMPLIED a view....terrible music, nothing patriotic even for the fireworks themselves. And once the fireworks began people HAD TO LOOK THROUGH TREES to have any hope of seeing them. Pathetic pathetic pathetic.

Kos'in and Kai are wonderful and the bar lobby and maybe the Sheraton is great at other times but 4th of July? Not here, not EVER AGAIN. It was way below that par of service I expected. The Biltmore has it all over them for combining family fun, lots of activities - GREAT fireworks with music, and all in a dignified lovely environment. Sheraton Wild Horse misses the mark.

Planner4031's Profile Photo

Beautiful Resort

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 20, 2009

Just stayed one night-a business trip. But I'll return with my wife next time we're in the area. Gorgeous setting amid open desert on the Gila River Indian Reservation-but well separated from the casino to avoid the noise, lights and traffic. I dined at the steak house-the filet mignon was incredible. Room was clean, and nice with a flat screen TV and a balcony overlooking one of the golf courses.

Oh, but be careful about the half bottle of wine on the counter. I thought it was courtesy of the hotel-till I opened it and then read it listed on the mini-bar menu. Clever $28.00 marketting ploy-a mistake I won't be making again. Other than that, everything was first rate.

Directions: About 12 miles southeast of the airport off I-10 at the Wild Horse Pass Rd. Exit.

Check your reservation - poor customer care

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 5, 2009

In January of 2009, my wife made reservations at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass for the 4th of July so that our kids could watch the Fireworks display across the street. As Sheraton had a special, these reservations were confirmed and changed to the special price in May of 2009. Supposed to have 2 double beds, non-smoking, overlooking the parking lot (good view of the Fireworks).

July 4th arrived and they had given out our room. Their response -- so what if you have two disappointed children, we have 1500 people in our pool right now.

Unique Quality: Horrible customer care and service

LostinLA's Profile Photo

Indian Reservation Experience

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 16, 2004

Great place to get away and re-load. Fairly new hotel with excellent service- the manager used to manage the Four Seasons in Phoenix.

I would move here if I could. Being on the Gila Indian Resevervation adds to the atmosphere. The Gila Indians are very involved in the design and management of the resort. It does not have a 'commercial' feel at all.

Unique Quality: Golf facilities are great- very nice practice facilities. Small spa, but very nice facilities sauna, cold splash, exercise classes....and you will come out relaxed.

There are horse trails but I saw very few horses.

Directions: Within 15 minutes from the Phoenix airport.

Nearby Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa

Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa

• Sheraton Chandler
  • Chandler Sheraton
  • Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Hotel Chandler

Address: 5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Gila River Community, Chandler, Arizona, 85226, United States

Amenities at Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort and Spa

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Phoenix Travel Forum

Need advice about Phoenix, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Phoenix and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Phoenix hotel reviews