Americas Best Value Inn

1105 East Sheldon Street, (formerly Super 8), Prescott, Arizona, 86301, United States
Quality Inn

View Along Arizona Highway 89View Along Arizona Highway 89

Old CarOld Car

Native American DisplayNative American Display

Travel Tips for Prescott

Take all the dirt roads you...

by oct251997

Take all the dirt roads you can drive on. There you will find the most beautiful sights to behold. I have missed the lack of humidity since returning home from my visit to Prescott. So much so that I have chosen to move from Maryland to Prescott, Arizona (August 2000). Here in Prescott 90 degree temperatures feel like 80 degrees; in Maryland, 90 degree temperatures feel like 110 degrees. If you have a sinus problem in your home state, you won't have it in Prescott. My sinus's gave me breather while visiting this state. When the plane crossed the time zone change my sinus's began clogging my head almost immediately!

Winter in Prescott

by treerose

At a mile high in elevation, Prescott is subject to snowfall each winter. Winter was delayed in 2006 until the weekend of March 11, when I went out in the snow to take photos. Some favorite places I enjoy going include Willow Lake, which is surrounded by outcroppings of the Earth known as the Granite Dells. These rocks create interesting formations whose beauty is not diminished even if partially obscured by the snow. Tree-lined creeks are other picturesque areas to view in snowfall.

Original Capital of Arizona

by snowsk8er

"Press - Scott"

Welcome to Prescott, the orignal capital of Arizona. I attended school here, so I'm pretty familiar with the town, as well as the bars. Many try to escape the Phoenix heat and check out this little city in the pines. There's usually a lot of events happening during the summer. I tend to look forward to the Out West Oktoberfest, a gathering of brewers to sample their product. Most are familiar with the court house in the square, it's somewhat similar to the movie 'Back to the Future'.

check out my friend karel traveling around the world:

Desert Darlene's Prescott Page

by DesertDarlene

This is a picture of Prescott that I painted some years back. (It is already sold).

The picture depicts a thunderstorm I saw the first or second time I visited Prescott. I was coming in from the north and I remember seeing this storm coming across the, then, open farmlands (now, Prescott has grown tremendously).

The mountain in the back is known as Thumb Butte and it's the symbol for the town. I could see it from my window at the Hotel St. Michael, which I stayed on the first two or three times I visited.

Comments