Prescott Resort And Conference Center

Tags

Seniors Casino and Gambling Family Travel
See Amenities
jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

Luxury hotel at top of hill, great views

by written on February 17, 2013

Booked this hotel on Expedia.com, reserving a two-queen room with a sofa bed. I woke up early so still here (lol) and using their fast wi-fi.

The hotel was built on a hill apparently by the Yavapai people. It has 160 rooms, facing either east or west. Our room at 240 was at at the west side and we had a good view of some hills on our right and the freeway (outdoor patio in room). I read in another review that first floors don't have much view, so I am glad we were given a room on second level at least.

Reception on that Saturday afternoon was a bit slow because of about 7 people lining up for their rooms. There were only two hotel receptionists - they were quick but of course guests had to have their questions answered so it took about 15 minutes of lining up for me.

Parking is free and there's a lot ---- and you will notice many cars parked because the hotel actually has a casino called Bucky's casino which we also went to. It has connecting door to hotel - just outside the very nice indoor pool and gym. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool during this winter time and I specifically booked this hotel when I called because I called them to ask if pool was warm and they said "yes". So, off we went to drive 90 miles from Phoenix :)

I did not book our room with breakfast (no offer on expedia when I booked it - for breakfast) and I asked receptionist how much breakfast was but he had no idea. Bucky'c casino has a cafe but the place is as expected full of cigarette smoke. Our hotel room was non-smoking though and did not smell any cigarette in room. Bucky's is a small casino with most of slot machines busy that night - seems to be a popular getaway for some Prescott visitors and locals.

The lobby is impressive with wonderful Yavapai native indian statues, and there is a nice observation deck at west side to enjoy the view. The east side of hotel would have a view of the Prescott Valley itself - I will request a room on East side next time to see how it is.

The room is clean and bigger than a standard room, very spacious. I like the two sinks at the vanity mirror, just across the clean bathroom which has a tub. I also like the dark brown color hue of the room given to us.

In room: refrigerator, ironing board, flat screen cable tv, many lamps and two big cabinets, plus a nice long with electric plugs and also another shorter desk by the sofa bed which is on separate side of room from the beds.

At this time (2013), just be careful when you are driving entering Prescott from freeway --- there are many traffic control videos that will send you a ticket for speeding, and one is located in a part that looks like a freeway but speed limit is low :)

Unique Quality: on top of hilll with great views, has gazebo at side which would be nice venue for weddings I think

Directions: can;t miss the sign saying Bucky's Casino and hotel at top of hill

Very nice room - staff GREAT

by written on November 20, 2009

Large, nice modern rooms, wide corridors...not the narrow noisy type you might see in other hotels with interior corridors. Restaurant has windows down one entire side that overlooks Prescott with Thumb Butte in the distance..we thought the scenic view was great. So why did I think the staff was so great? I forgot a new sweater in the wardrobe when we left!! Didn't realize it until the day after we got home so I thought for sure it was GONE. I emailed the manager of the hotel and immediately received an email back that they would look for it....and look for it they did. Got an email back that afternoon that they had the sweater in lost and found and they would Fed Ex it to me...and they didn't charge me. What more could you ask for...REAL PEOPLE. We will absolutely stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great views, spacious accommodations

Erika74's Profile Photo

On the Hill

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 11, 2008

The accomodations were fine. They are remondeling 2/08. They must be working on the wireless connection as well. We had to ask different desk clerks for assistance to get a password for internet use. You'd figure that you would not have to bother "finding" the right person to hook you up.

The staff in the confernce portion of the hotel was admirable, they would rapidly attend to any requests made.

Unique Quality: Adjacent Casino

bocmaxima's Profile Photo

prescott's best

by written on April 3, 2006

Although the location leaves a lot to be desired (on a hill 200+ feet above the valley, accessed by a narrow, winding lane), this has to be one of the nicest hotels in town.
The room is huge, and reminded me a lot of the higher-end Vegas Strip hotels like The Mirage. Each room has a balcony with a beautiful view, regardless of which side of the hotel you're on. The internet access is hard-wired, and not one of those cheap jobs where the wire comes out of the cable jack, but actually has its own outlet. There is a fridge, coffee maker, and couch set (couch, chairs and coffee table) in each room, and a phone in the bathroom (ooh!). Lots of other little things too to make it special.
The staff was very friendly and attentive at the front desk, and there were even some in the lobby just sort of walking around that you could question.
You do always have to drive to go somewhere from the hotel, but there's an enormous shopping center about 1/4 mile down the road that has a supermarket, restaurants, a coffee shop, and most anything you could need. Downtown Prescott/Whiskey Row is also only about a five minute drive.
The casino is, honestly, pretty lame, but that's typical of Arizona Indian casinos. Nothing Vegas-like about it, and the focus seems to be on slots and video poker, with a small bar on the side.
I was probably about the youngest person at the hotel or the casino who was not accompanied by a parent. The hotel is very senior-oriented, and there was even a big crowd of them in the lobby piano bar dancing away one night.
Much of the time, you can get the room for about half what the hotel's web site advertises through travel agency sites like Expedia.

Unique Quality: Large room, balcony with great views

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Prescott Travel Forum

Need advice about Prescott, Arizona? Visit the Travel Forum for Prescott and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Prescott hotel reviews