The Motor Lodge Prescott

503 S Montezuma, Prescott, Arizona, 86303, United States
The Motor Lodge
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about The Motor Lodge Prescott

Like staying with old friends!

by TripAdvisor Member tifjonqui

I can't say enough great things about the Motor Lodge. For starters, the owners are the most gracious hosts you'll ever find. We were greeted like old friends, and offered a glass of wine as we checked in (which we enjoyed on our little private patio). We brought our son with us, and as we entered our room we discovered a pack-and-play all set up with cozy bedding, and even one of his favorite books set inside it. Oh, and an Etch-a-Sketch to keep him entertained (which we will now have to purchase). :) My husband appreciated the humorous reading material in the bathroom, while I most enjoyed the free Wi-Fi and the kitchenette. The owners said the building has been there forever, but they have done a ton of remodeling and have modernized all the rooms while sustaining the character of its age. They were explaining some of their future projects, and I can't wait to come back and see the progress.

Joe and Brian gave great recommendations on coffee houses and restaurants, and Joe even offered us a ride downtown in their retro orange pickup truck, with their funky logo on the side. I really wanted to cruise around downtown in that thing, but my son freaked out about riding in the back, so we couldn't take advantage of the offer. :(

Sometimes I feel like small hotels dislike families, but we felt so welcome and my son certainly enjoyed himself. Joe and Brian really made us feel at home, and you can tell that they genuinely care about their guests' experience. On our way home, my husband and I were already talking about when we'd be coming back. I feel like w

Cute and cozy

by TripAdvisor Member YoungtownPlantperson

We went to Prescott to meet up with friends from Phoenix and see an old friend who lives in Prescott.Our friends from Phx.had already booked a room for the night and told us how cute the place was.We checked it out and decided to get a room too.The place is really cute.The owners made us feel right at home.I would recommend this place to everyone who visits Prescott.We will definitly go back.

Great Atmosphere, location is key!

by TripAdvisor Member AZubow

We were staying for one night in Prescott, as we've done many times before, my husband is in a band and we travel there from Phoenix for them to perform. We have stayed in many hotels in the area and this one topped them all. We will be returning many times to come. The owners were great, very hospitable, and made the stay like going to an old friend's for the weekend.

We have already suggested The Motor Lodge to many friends who travel through the area.

Won't Stay Anywhere Else in Prescott!

by TripAdvisor Member azstephany

What a lovely experience! The owners were personal and delightful offering us beer, wine, soda, fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and a bowl of fresh cherries and grapes on arrival. We were thrilled with the decor and the great price. It was kitschy in a great way with style style style. Do yourself a favor, take a look at the pictures on their website... this is a lovely place not to be missed.

Joie de Vivire

by TripAdvisor Member SiroccoNewYorkCity

It was five pm on Thursday, August 14. Midtown, New York City. "Avenue of the Americas" and 57th Street. After a cloudy afternoon, the rain was pouring down hard. People huddled in subway entrances hoping to be able to stand out the storm. I grabbed my luggage from the office, checking my pda to see if the flight to Phoenix from JFK was delayed. Praying not canceled. Would I make it to The Motor Lodge in Prescott for our Friday night reservation?? Praying.....let me fly tonight to my desert roots.....
After a lengthy delay at JFK airport, I managed to be in Phoenix on Friday morning. Two friends, I've known twenty-five years, drove north (from Nogales and Tucson Arizona) to retrieve me later in the morning at Sky Harbor Airport) My two friends and I stayed in Phoenix long enough to have lunch with my neice and her new born baby boy "Brody" before the scenic desert drive to Prescott Arizona. Our destination, "The Motor Lodge". I complained to my friends that when I agreed to make the travel arrangements, little did I know I would spend hours doing research on travel accomidations.! (If i was going to Prescott, I didnt want to stay in a chain hotel in Prescott Valley. I wanted to feel the center of Prescott, which has a much diffrent feel that Prescott Valley ) I complained to my friends that i certainly did my homework on finding just the right place to stay in Prescott, so let's see what happens.
It was years ago I visited Prescott. Visits to Prescott for me included time being courted by my second husband, many chapters of my life time ago, and fond memories of the little pine-tree topped mile high city. Thumb Butte a favorite hike. Leading to a spooky Halloween Wedding at the Prescott Court House many moons ago.
When I think of the charming allure to Prescott, it is that of the pines standing tall and cool away from the desert heat. The history of the one time capital of Arizona, sequester that of the present community in preservation of the fondness of th pines and feel of regal times past.
The Motor Lodge mixes history and present together intermingling preservation and twists of the present. Honoring yesterday, and creating a new day in today.
The Motor Lodge is certainly a respite to the weary traveler, and a chord distance to the most lively part of Prescott.
Whiskey Row has a night life that is eternal. Standing on the floors of the saloons, were the men of the Wild West in days o 'yore and here we are today, sharing our stories of travel.
The hosts at the Motor Lodge, Brian and Joe are the souls you want to know! They put their infusion of bright and light energy into the refurbished cottages and you enter a warm glow, instead of a "hotel room". This kind of environment is what we were looking for in our overnight stay. Actually, the atmosphere is so warm and comfortable, we considered another night stay. The Porch on #12 is so quaint, we didnt venture out very far, we stayed, sipping lemonade and watched the sunset. Dinner ordered for the porch from the restaraunt across the way."Old" friends catching up on stories that make us feel time has stopped for that magical moment in Prescott. I infused with the pine tree next to the porch. It made for a memory for me to carry while riding a crowded subway in New York City. Ahhh, the porch at the Motor Lodge. Comfort, relaxation, carry me away from the subway~~~*
The next morning arrived too early, and my friends and I were off to the Prescott Farmers Market. We talked about what a great place the Motel Lodge was to stay in Prescott. On our drive to Sedona we pointed out the large chain hotel that my friends were very happy we didnt stay at on Friday night.
Sedona is about a 45 minute drive from Prescott, driving the scenic route of 89A. Another historic mining town. "Jerome" is encountered on the twisting turning mountain pass as a drive to the red rocks. Sedona had it's surprises, only to my surprise to find out that it was the 21st anniversary of the Harmonic Convergence~! We did an amazing guided meditation at Cathedral Rock on Sunday. Lovely and Brilliant~!~).
It was a magical weekend for me on that Arizona visit. This time, it started at the Motor Lodge in Prescott. I'm glad I made my flight at JFK that stormy night . Joie de Vivire for the Weary Traveler~!~ Jamie @ The Treehouse :)

such a great little place!

by TripAdvisor Member linda123

My friend and I attended a seminar at the local college and stayed here. The owners were wonderful--very friendy, helpful, full of life and fun! The rooms were very clean, decoratrated with flair and comfortable. I would definately stay here every time I was in this area. The town is within walking distance, but the owners will offer to drop you off in town if you prefer. The little front porches are great for relaxing. One cannot go wrong with this place!! linda winter

So much more than expected

by TripAdvisor Member tyeejazz

Having never been to a motel worth a" review" ? It is now time to let the world know what a unique motel this is! I am sure that many of you have had owners of certain inns or hotels stand out to you as having "Incredible" service or "Attention to detail", I am here to tell you that the owners of this establishment, Brian & Joe, take it to a whole new level.
Retro is on the way out, and True Americana is on the way in or INN according to Brian & Joe. Want to take a ride in a late sixties pickup to any dinner outlet of your choice? Or how about pull an even later sixties era tandem bicycle out of the back of the same pickup and have it bring you home? Brian & Joe will make this happen for you.
Everything else, well, you will have to decide for yourselves whether you like it or not. I know we will return as soon as we can so leave some room for us and a nice cold beer.
By the way, Chopper should be smelling much better now! (Outside joke)
Take care - Chris & Jenn / Portland OR

Don't stay anywhere else!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member bigdog85344

If you are traveling to the Prescott, AZ area and need a great place to stay, I highly recommend The Motor Lodge. Brian and Joe (the owners) have done a magnificent job in capturing the old style lodge atmosphere. My wife and I stayed there and were greeted by the most warm and kind two gentleman I have met in the hotel industry. I have traveled the world, stayed at 5 star hotels and the prompt, courteous and attentive staff were on top of anything and everything you could want/need. Each room has it's own patio and sitting area. The price was incredible. There are many choices of lodging in this area. I plan on returning to Prescott in January and will stay at no other hotel. You have to be there to understand truly what I am talking about. My heartfelt thanks to you all at The Motor Lodge for making our weekend getaway a special one.

Chris and Eileen, Parker, AZ

You must stay here

by TripAdvisor Member JohninBC

This is the most interesting place we have stayed in in many years. Joe greeted us like old friends...offered us a drink when we checked in, walked us up to our cabin, brought us home-baked cookies, recommended a cheap wonderful neighbourhood Mexican restaurant for dinner.
After dinner we walked the few blocks to Whiskey Row, and walked back after a drink and window shopping.
I cannot recommend this place too highly....you have to visit it to properly appreciate it.

Great Nostalgic Retreat!

by TripAdvisor Member Like2Travel4Fun

We just spent 3 days in Prescott, AZ and the surrounding area. The Motor Lodge was an awesome place to stay and the customer service was nothing short of outstanding.
Joe greeted us with a two glasses of wine upon check-in and gave us many great tips on things to see and do. We really enjoyed the nostalgia of the place as well as listening to Joe and Brian's labors (past and future) as they embark on the restoration of this truly fabulous property. Our room was cozy and clean and the bed super comfortable.
A can't miss if you're into trying something a little different than a run of the mill chain hotel.

Whiskey RowWhiskey Row