7707 East Mcdowell Rd, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85257, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

More about 3 Palms

NOT WORTH IT!!!

Expedia booked me a room with a whirlpool (an extra cost). I did an early arrival at 2:00PM and was told (by a brunette dude and a blonde chick) that the room wasn't ready and they are still preparing it. I came back at 5:00PM and was told that the room that I booked was not available. I called Expedia and this dude from 3 Palms started blaming Expedia. He said that online companies sell rooms that are not available. But isn't it the motel's responsibility to tell the online companies what rooms are available? Duh?! So on and so forth...

Anyway, they gave me a room next to a gym (LOUD). People smoked outside my door. There was a vacant building next to it and transients were hanging on public view. So I left after an hour of settling (tried) and went to Marriot. No compensation was given or offered. 3 Palms still charged me. ... PS It was a ruined Father's Day weekend.

Employees are thieves , Managment could care less

I stayed at this place a few weeks back and had a horrible experience. The stay itself was marginal. We had left a valuable necklace in the room and realized it later that day. We were already out of town so I called the Hotel. The front desk girl called housekeeping and informed me that they had indeed found the necklace. We arranged to have it mailed to me. After almost 2 weeks and getting nothing, I called back and spoke to a manger. He wasnt familiar with the incident and said he would check it out and call back. He never did.
I called again and spoke to a different manager (Patrick). I expained again and he said he would check into it and call back the next day. 5 days later I had to call him back. He had to call me back later that morning and told me the girl at the front desk had been relived of her duties and that he spoke to housekeeping and that they never found a necklace.
So he put the blame all on this front desk person who was relived of duties for various incidents he said. Doesnt make sense that someone would say they found a necklace then take all my info for shipping unless they, 1. stole the item or 2. actually found it but later stole it or 3. It was lost. Nonetheless, he admitted that the fired employee had pevious issues like this that resulted in her firing. The manger offered no compensation or offer of any kind for the problem. Just an obligatory sorry and that they are not to blame. Well, I disagree! 3 Palms is to blame and if an employee lies or steals or whatever, the company is responsible regardless of that person being fired.
3 Palms Oasis refuses to accept responsiblity for the actions of thier employees and has an attitude of not giving a you know what. The lack of concern in returing my repeated phone call is evidence of this attitude. I would have at least expected an apology with some sort of offer to make it right, like a free night stay or whatever. Unfortunately the evidence of their not caring about thier customers is reflected in the fact that this wasn't even considered by 3 Palms Oasis. Avoid this place like the plague.

it's just a motel...

we were very disappointed in the 3 palms... when driving up to the entrance we both looked at each other thinking... this is the right address, but it can't be the right hotel! it was... the posted photos show that the room interiors are well appointed and that the pool area is lovely... both of those statements are totally true. however, a "resort oasis" we thought (and one that was rated 4 stars at the time we booked... now i see that is says 1 star!) would not be a motel that was converted. this 'resort' is also not within walking distance to anything in scottsdale besides a lovely park.

if you are headed there soon, be sure to ask the status of remodeling. on our second day our room was forgotten by housekeeping. on the third day, the room we were assigned was literally the middle room in a row of 10 rooms being refurbished and we were locked out. this meant constant contractors in the halls, our room was re-keyed while we were out because they forgot we were in the middle of said row of rooms and now the contractors had access all day (though we did not find anything missing or out of place) and there was drilling and lots of other noise. we were re-assigned a room away from construction and it was pleasant for our last night. this was a very frustrating stay, and we will not recommed this "oasis".

Who Are They Kidding?

I must be staying at a different hotel than the previous folks who have raved about this "oasis." This "renovated" place is definitely in "shake down" mode...and I have my doubts that they will ever get it together. From the minute I arrived I was underwhelmed. I stood at the front desk alone for several minutes and when a staff member finally did arrive, he was less than professional. My King Jacuzzi room is decent (clean) but small...and the A/C system is difficult to control and blows right on you while you are sleeping. The bed is very comfortable, but I'm paying nearly $200 a night (where was I when the $78 deal was being offered?) A silly little closet makes clothes storage challenging. The water has been shut off for an hour or two for the past several afternoons (good luck showering!) and my requests for housekeeping have gone ignored. With all the great places to stay in the Scottsdale area, why bother with this place? Needless to say, I won't be back.

Overall a good stay

When I first saw this place online I thought wow what a nice place for a reasonable price. then when I checked in I was a little weiry. It does look like a renovated Motel, however once I walked into the room it was very nice. All new stuff. They have room service and a shuttle, microwave, fridge, and all the stuff you will need. The pool was very clean and it has an outdoor bar. Yes there are fancier hotels to stay in Scottsdale, however this one will do the job just fine. It is close to downtown and there is a shopping center right across the street which was very convienient. I thought it was a great stay overll. The staff were very helpful also. If you are looking to stay at a snottie pretencious hotel this is not for you but if you want to stay somewhere nice and not break the bank, and be close to downtown this hotel is perfect.

Merely an Updated Budget Motel

by TripAdvisor Member Tucmar

This place hits a certain niche. The rooms are all recently renovated and have a nice boutique feel to it. Under strict scrutiny however, it is still a budget motel with small rooms, thin walls and doors that open to a parking lot or outside hallway. The rooms are not suites and there are no elevators to the second floor rooms. The hotel is not within walking distance to downtown but there is a shuttle service. It is set back from a major road and as a result there is little road noise. It is adjacent to a park that makes it convenient to runners. The pool and spa are large, clean and has an european chic vibe. The breakfast room is small but attractive. The attendant in the breakfast room provided excellent service and diligently replenished the food table when needed. If your expectations aren't for a high end desert oasis and you get a promotional discount, this spot may fill your needs.

Pleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member njgirl05

We just got back from our memorial weekend stay. We stayed on the first floor in a deluxe king room.
We were a bit nervous after reading some of the negative reviews. There was no construction for the 4 days we stayed. The room was small, but not uncomfortable.
Great bed and pillows. I informed them I was allergic to down pillows and they had new ones in my room within minutes.
Cute decor..bathroom was very small, but again, fine for us. We were there to scout the area, not hang out in our hotel room.
The pool area is nice. Hot tub was great at night.
Didn't see the fitness room.
Continental breakfast was nice and there is a laptop you can use in the breakfast area. They even printed out my boarding passes for me.
Great coffee!!
There is a nice park next to the hotel, but i found this particular area of Scottsdale a bit disappointing. Its right on the border of Tempe and close enough to the 101 to get to all the tourist attractions.
Old Scottsdale is very close so that was a big plus.
Staff was fantastic, and yes, the shuttle is a Bentley! The front of the hotel has been updated (see pics).
Not sure if we'd stay again; ..we could hear our neighbors clearly..but luckily they were quiet enough.
I definitely think it was worth the price and the bed was awesome.
There's a shopping center across the street so you can stock up on your own water and snacks.

Affordable!

by TripAdvisor Member krystennicole

I stayed here for 3 nights as a long weekend vacation for a girls only getaway for me and my friend. I wanted an affordable place to stay that had a nice pool and was somewhat close to old town scottsdale for the nightlife. The pics online and the price of the rooms is what sold me. I paid only $73 a night. It was worth every penny! Don't be fooled by the name. This is not a resort but merely a stylish motel with resort style ammenities other motels don't offer.

The Pool: Very modern design and quite large for a motel. The pool was well-kept and clean. Several lounge chairs that were comfortable and clean. Could use a few more little side tables in between the chairs though. No biggie though. There is even an upper sun deck with additional lounge chairs even though there are plenty of lounge chairs by the pool that were available. There was also a shaded area to sit or lay out if you didn't want to be out in the sun. Spa tub was very large. You could fit about 40 people in it although it was never crowded when we were there. There does not seem to be a time when the pool closes. There were people hanging out by the pool at all hours of the night. Even 2 o'clock in the morning. We were there until midnight and no one came to kick us out. Which is VERY nice!!! We had a room right over the pool too and never heard people out at the pool when we were in our room trying to sleep. So it was no big deal to me that people were still out there at 2 in the morning.

The room: (Stayed in a deluxe room w/ two queen beds.) Very clean! Very comfortable beds! Great pillows and sheets. Mini fridge was very handy. There was even a dvd player and the tv had plenty of channels. Very nice modern decor. Rooms are small though. But that was not an issue for me as I was only there for 3 nights. I could see it being a problem for longer stays though. Closet area is VERY small. Nice soaps and shampoos provided. Towels are nice and thick. Nice hair dryer, it was not one of those cheesy mini ones.

-Complimentary town car was very handy for a ride to Old Town Scottsdale.
-Complimentary breakfast very convenient but nothing special.
-Walking distance to Walgreens and Denny's Restaurant.

-$1 charged to you each time you use the phone for local calls was a bit ridiculous, but they warn you when you check in.
-Key kept deactiviating so I had to get it re-activated a total of 3 times. Was a bit annoying.

Overall I highly recommend this place. It's affordable with a really great pool, great beds, modern decor, friendly staff and offers you much more than most motels would. I felt extremely relaxed during my entire stay just as if I was at a nice resort. But if you are used to staying at fancy resorts, this may disapoint.

I rated this 5 stars because it is the best "motel" I've ever stayed at. I would stay here again. Loved it!

NOT A RESORT!!!

Old Days Inn with nice linens.
NO real spa service. They call folks in who do not advertise themselves as being certified so that was questionable. But the idiot part is that the masseuse either comes to your room or does it by the pool in AZ's 110 heat. Yeah, that's relaxing!! Please work my skin while I get a sunburn.
Staff is apathetic.
And they are REAL picky! You have to sign this piece of paper that lists all these restrictions and the fee they will charge you for violations. If this were daycare I'd understand - but this is supposed to be a respectable establishment and - well it feels like they are condescending - assuming that you're going to make a mess, steal the towels and the coffe maker, and smoke a crack pipe in the lobby! IT'S JUST CREEPY!!!

Super value for the cost

Enjoyed our stay there. Sheets and bed were very comfortable. Breakfat was great. The staff members were very polite and helpful. We will go back.

The surmountable mountainThe surmountable mountain

Horses waiting to pickupHorses waiting to pickup

Summer 2008 big night outSummer 2008 big night out