5001 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85250, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 46% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Chaparral Suites Scottsdale

Inexpensive stay at a very good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member HareWeGo

Visited: 10/20 – 10/30

Overview: Spacious, clean rooms with three sinks, a bar/kitchenette area. Two TVs’ and plenty of draw space. Free parking. 1 ½ mile from Old Scottsdale. Just west of the 101. There was a sports bar (4th floor grill). It was ok for cocktails. This is a conference center hotel, so there were about 10 throughout the week. 3 or so at any given time. (My wife loved the “The Celebration of Men Satisfying Women” conference. I’M NOT KIDDING.

Pluses: **Free cook to order hot breakfast. Not a buffet. Eggs anyway (except omelet), hash browns, cantaloupe or banana, cereals, French toast or pancakes.
Free Internet access
Two pools.
Lunch at the 4th. Floor Grill. Very inexpensive and very good food.
Price: We paid approx. $110 average per night. You can’t go wrong for that price.

Minuses: **After 5 days, the Free cook to order hot Breakfast starts to get old. Can you say IHOP.
Room: Each room looks to have a balcony, but the fact is, it's a sliding door with a 2 foot ledge facing the outside of the resort.
Plumbing: I could not figure this out but when ever someone from a joining room used the bathroom, you knew about it. The Plumbing was noisy. My apologies to my neighbors at 4 am.
Internet Connection: They could have put the internet connection (DSL) anywhere else except under a table lamp next to the sofa. (The desk in the bedroom would have been nice, or even the dining table in the main room.) To their credit, there was about an 8’ cat 5 cable.
Dinner at the 4th Floor Grill. Did not eat dinner but prices were expensive.

Overall: Great Spacious Room for a Inexpensive Price.

Great Value; Room Smelled Bad; Bugs

This was an odd mix of good and not so good! Rooms are unusually large, two vanities, kitchen, large pools, and nice property. Free breakfast is the best I've seen. But, the rooms smell bad and the smell doesn't go away. My air conditioning didn't work well & vent was covered with dust, but in early Nov. , not a big problem needing the cold air. But, Bugs... One morning a huge cockaroach in my shower and small crawling bugs in the bathroom each day. Overall, I had a nice stay as the property was recently renovated. They get an "A" for customer service and plenty of linens, hot water, an unusual open bar/free drinks each evening, etc. I would stay here again if the price were right! :)

Very Happy!!!

My girlfriend and I went down to Phoenix for the first time and were very happy with everything. We decided to stay at the Chaparral Suites after lots of research and thought it would be our best value. And it was!

We arrived late morning and called for the complementary shuttle, which arrived at the airport in about 25 minutes. The ride to the hotel took approx 20 minutes and the driver Mitch was very friendly and helpful in offering sights to see while we were there. We were early for check in and our requested room was unavailable, but the front desk did have a different room available for immediate check-in. We decided to wait for our room to be ready. The front desk offered to hold our bags and we walked over to the Scottsdale Fashion Park (5 minutes away) to do some shopping. The hotel is also approx 1 mile from Safeway and a drug store. When we arrived back at the hotel, our room had not been checked out of yet, so we opted to take one of the other rooms available in complex #1 behind the clubhouse on the third floor.

All rooms in the hotel are suites and include a tv/sitting area with sofa and chair, dining table and chairs, wet bar with microwave and small fridge, and dishes and flat wear. The back portion of the suite had a full bathroom and separate bedroom with king or 2 double beds, tv, phone ($0.75/local call), and alarm clock. If you can, request a room on the fourth floor with pool view as you can hear people walking upstairs if you are in the front room. There are connecting room available as well.

The hotel offers a large outside, heated pool and spa within each complex (x2). The second complex is where the conference rooms are located. The hotel also offers a complementary full breakfast each morning from 6:00am-10:00am. You can get pancakes, french toast, bacon, sausage, eggs to your liking, toast, cereal, hashbrowns, juice, coffee, etc... It was cooked fresh each morning and served by friendly hotel staff. The hotel also offers a manager's reception daily from 5:30pm-7:30pm in the clubhouse where you can get popcorn and free drinks for 2 hours. Drinks were pretty much whatever you wanted cocktail wise, as long as he had it in the well or draft beer. The free pouring was a real treat as all pours are done thru a shot glass in Edmonton as per liquor laws.

If you get a chance we would suggest you take a drive up to Sedona (approx 2 hours north). It is in the mountains and the drive is very scenic. Sedona itself is amazing! The city is surrounded by huge red rock formations like Bell Rock and Snoopi. Make sure you have lots of film with you beacuse you will be sorry if you don't. At sunset, head up to the Sedona airport where they have a lookout point with amazing views. For dinner try Picaso Pizza (also in Scottsdale) it was the best pizza we have ever had.

There is a Dollar car rental desk in the hotel just make sure to make a reservation in advance by calling the reservations # 1-800-528-1456 and asking for the Dollar rent a car desk. The concierge in the front lobby is also very helpful for planning any kind of trip or suggesting places to go.

There is a sports bar and restaurant on property, The 4th Floor grill and has great food and big tv screens (restaurant and bar are seperate).

All in all, the trip was great and we would go back to Phoenix in a heart beat and stay at the Chaparral again. Another great shopping center to check out is the Biltmore Fashion Park, not far from Scottsdale. It is a completely open air shopping complex that has a very nice garden area that all the stores open onto. Definitely worth the trip if you need to go shopping.

More for your money

My wife and I stayed at Chaparral Suites Hotel Scottsdale on 11/25/04 for one night. Rate was $99 plus taxes. Every guest room, apparently, is a two-room suite. Double doors between the two rooms in the suite make for excellent privacy and noise control. Cooked-to-order breakfast was tasty with many choices. Lots of actvities for kids and families. I had mentioned when I made the reservation that it was our wedding anniversary, and during our stay the management left a complimentary bottle of champagne in our suite. We'd stay there again.

Great Hotel, Great Staff, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member FaithJC

Just returned from a very nice four day stay at Chaparral Suites. The property is clean and very well maintained. Our suite was spacious, clean and comfortable. The pool area was well stocked with chairs - it was too cold to swim but the pool was immaculate. The hotel staff were exceptional - friendly, accommodating, and prompt. I really can't say enough about how helpful and nice the staff was. Breakfast was very good, but if you get a chance you must treat yourself to breakfast at The Breakfast Club, just a mile or so south on Scottsdale Boulevard (toward Old Scottsdale) - one of the best breakfasts I've ever had.

I highly recommend the Chaparral Suites - for $99/night including breakfast, you get a lot of bang for your buck.

Excellent value

We chose to stay at this hotel because of the great price and all the positive reviews. We were not disappointed. The 2-room suite was spacious and the hotel is located near lots of shops and restaurants. They not only offered a free breakfast but we were driven to the airport in a Town Car for no charge!

Excellent hotel

The Chaparral has a resort atmosphere though it isn't on a golf course. The suites are perfect for families, large, very clean, and quite nice--fully two rooms with two TVs, a door for privacy, etc. We chose the hotel based on Trip Advisor and found it even nicer than we expected. We had only one complaint and it is a minor one: the toilet/bath room was a bit cramped. The bedroom has a second sink, though, which helped to ease the bathroom crowding. Though the weather was cold by Scottsdale standards in December the pool was heated so well that we swam comfortably. The hot made-to-order breakfast was excellent, not your typical free hotel breakfast in the least. The restaurant is somewhat upscale but reasonably priced and offers an early bird menu that is a bargain.

A great place to stay

This family-owned suites hotel is in a great location - many things to do within walking distance - shopping, movies, downtown shops and galleries, Trader Joe's. Many other places easily accessible by car. Staff were knowledegable and friendly. Good sized suites with living/kitchen area and separate bedroom. Breakfast included - good variety available. Great for a longer stay. Had some minor housekeeping and maintenance problems that were handled quickly and effectively. Will happily stay there again!

Overall, just a great place to stay

I was immensely pleased with this hotel. I booked the "Adventures in Shopping" package and found my special bag already in my room with everything ready to go when I checked in. My room was spotless (except for a dirty dish hidden away in a kitchen drawer which the front desk was horrified to learn of and immediately removed it). I had asked for a quiet room and was put in a great room on the fourth (top) floor, conveniently located right near the restaurant & sports bar.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, even printing directions for places I was interested in visiting. I stayed there from Jan 21 - 25 and though it was in the low 70s, the pool was meticulously clean and heated nicely and there were always plenty of available seats.

The complimentary breakfast was great, and again the staff there were so nice. The manager's reception was cool, too, because everyone got together and you got free drinks! The food at the 4th Floor Grille was SO GOOD and I am from NYC. Prices were reasonable, service was excellent (food came out within minutes of ordering, bread was always fresh & warm) and the food was just really amazing - so tasty - and HUGE portions.

The hotel is centrally located to EVERYTHING. It literally took less than a minute to drive to the amazing Fashion Square Mall, the 101 Loop [highway] is 5 minutes away, Old Town Scottsdale is 2 minutes away and there are a ton of restaurants, other malls and stores nearby in any direction.

Finally, the complimentary airport shuttle and newspaper each morning were an added bonus, as was the spacious in-room safe. Housekeeping did a great job putting my room back in order each day, and the Dollar agents located right in the hotel lobby were extremely accomodating and the car I received drove very well.

I used Trip Advisor to pick this hotel so I hope my review is helpful to others. If I get a chance to go to Scottsdale again, I would DEFINITELY stay at the Chaparral Suites.

I don't agree with all of the excellent reviews of this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ChloeAnn

I selected this hotel for a 3 night stay based on excellent reviews at this website. I was very disappointed in the accomodations. It is average at best.
The rooms seem old and in need of an update. I didn't want to spend any more time in the room other than sleeping and showering. The ventilation in the bathroom was poor, creating dampness that lingered long after showering was completed. I understand that there are many people who return to this hotel year after year, and I can't imagine why. I have stayed at several different hotels in the general area that I would prefer to this one. They are Scottsdale Plaza Resort, Millenium, Hilton, Scottsdale Resort.
They all have prettier grounds....not on a busy corner.
The best features of this hotel are the pool areas and the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is excellent, so if that is important to you, you might want to stay here!
I realize that my standards are high, so I try to thoroughly research a hotel before making a reservation. I also try to get the most value for my money. I like a resort atmosphere with excellent cleanliness and beautifully appointed accomodations. The Scottsdale Resort offered this, and I wish I had stayed there. I stayed at the Scottsdale Resort 1 night because, the Chapparell Suites had no vacancies the first night of our stay. I wish it would have been reversed; 3 nights there, and 1 at Chapparell.
And maybe the most glaring feature of all was the horrible toilet paper and the cheap soap. Take your own. The toilet paper was like sand paper and the soap didn't lather or smell exceptionally good.

Comments