10600 East Crescent Moon Drive, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85255, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Costs 45% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• TRimer's Profile Photo

Unbelievable Service!!!!

I recently stayed at the Four Seasons for work- as we were scouting locations for holding an executive forum this November. The entrance to the resort is rather unassuming. You do not really appreciate the luxuriousness and peacefulness until you are in your room and/or walking around the resort itself. The rooms are great- each with balconies, huge bathrooms with L'Occitane products, and nice linens on the beds. Sitting on the balcony in the big fluffy robe drinking great coffee that they supply in the rooms was heaven.

Unique Quality: The resort is small but looks out onto the Pinnacle moutain. You feel as though you are out in the desert. It is very relaxing. I would definately recommend drinks by the pool- the banana drink is amazing. The service really sets the Four Seasons apart. I dined alone at dinner and never did I feel uncomforable. They offered and delivered reading material for me, called me by my name, and let me sample two different wines when I could not make up my mind. The spa was great too. Can't wait to go back in November when we can play a round of golf at Troon North (one of The best courses in AZ).

Directions: The resort is located approx. 45 minutes from the Int'l airport.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Wow! Only one word to describe this place!

I have to admit... I have been in a lot of nice hotels over my days as a business traveler... but the Scottsdale Four Seasons resort is probably the epitome of luxury. It seemed more like I was in a rich person's house than a hotel. L'Occitane beauty products, a stone open glass shower, and a wonderful view of a desert landscape is what you can enjoy here.

If you have the money... do it!

More about Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North

Beautiful & Quiet...too Quiet?

by TripAdvisor Member TheGoul

After staying at the Four Seasons Aviara/Carlsbad earlier this year, my wife and I booked a long weekend at the Four Seasons Scottsdale. While the service and hotel employees were certainly up to the usual Four Seasons standard, the comparisons to the Aviara location are not too strong.

There is no main building; there are a large number of "casitas," or rooms, that are spread out like a horseshoe around the main pool area, separated by a cart path. The casitas are clustered into small groups/buildings of three or four or more rooms depending on location, and built into a huge mountain. While this certainly makes for a quiet and serene atmosphere, if you are looking to walk out your front door and step out into the middle of it all...try the Aviara.

The location to the main pool for most of the rooms is not so bad, because being in a horseshoe means all you have to do is walk across the cart path and the pool is just beyond the wall. But getting to the front desk/lobby lounge/spa area, which is at the bottom of the horseshoe, is another matter. It is quite a trek up or down the hill depending on if you're coming or going. We frequently had to call the concierge and arrange for a golf cart to come and pick us up, which they always did. Sometimes the wait was 2 minutes; sometimes it was 15, in which case we could have walked there ourselves.

Some people may love the isolation that this type of layout provides. I personally prefer being in a main building where I can just hop on an elevator and be in the middle of everything. And if someone from the hotel needs to help you, they can do the same. To us, it just always felt like we were far away from it all. Being on a remote island, on a beach, in an isolated hut is one thing. But being isolated in the middle of a mountain in Scottsdale is something very different. But this is a matter of personal preference, and I did not downgrade the resort because of this.

I did not rate this resort excellent because of a number of minor problems that would probably be tolerated anywhere except a Four Seasons. The dresser in our room faced not our bed, but towards the porch. This meant that we had to pull the TV out from the cabinet and swivel it all the way around towards our bed on a severe angle. To make matters worse, the remote did not work from our bed. We had to either get out of bed to use it, or stretch our arms all the way onto the nightstand to get just the right angle...quite annoying.

The maids spoke "zero" English, and actually threw away a couple of magazines that we had purchased at the gift shop one day. Also, part of the floor is made of stone, and so we kept putting the “throw” blanket from the closet onto the floor so when we walked on it, it wouldn't be freezing cold. Yet every day the maid kept taking that blanket, now dirty from the floor, and throwing it onto our bed after she made it...assuming it would look nice on our bedspread.

The walkway to our door was around the corner of the clustered building and about 20 yards from the cart path. It was pitch black making that turn to our door, and on more than one occasion my wife scratched herself against the bushes and cactus on either side of the walkway.

At the pool on Saturday, we asked for drinks, but were told that the bar is closed after 3pm. They said that even though it was 80 and sunny that day, it's usually 70 or colder for this time of year, and that since there aren't that many people usually out by the pool, they just simply close the bar early. Again, for the Hyatt this would seem normal, but for the Four Seasons, it just doesn't seem right.

Lastly, the Spa, when compared to the Aviara, does not measure up. It's much smaller, not quite as plush, with fewer amenities. For one, there is no small plunge pool/hot tub in the locker rooms, which is always nice for just sitting in and relaxing. But most importantly, unlike the Aviara, there is no unisex solarium where couples can hang out in their robes, be served fresh fruit, be administered cold towels, sit in ultra deep couches, chairs and ottomans. At the Aviara, this room is kind of like the Garden of Eden. But here, all they have are very small, badly lit waiting rooms for each locker room, with very uncomfortable upholstered chairs.

The one thing this resort does have a leg up on over the Aviara resort…free self parking! But of course, you can’t park anywhere near your room. You have to park in a main lot at the bottom of the hill, walk up to the main lobby and then either continue walking up the hill towards your room, or ask them to drive you up in the golf cart (better choice!). Also, at the Aviara, if you take the 30 minute time-share tour, they take $150 off your final bill. But here, if you take their 45 minute time-share tour, you get a free duo (couples) massage, which is actually worth $240!!

All this being said, we certainly preferred the Aviara to the Scottsdale resort. But if you are looking for complete isolation from humans and a perfect view of the Milky Way every night, than this is the place for you!

Gorgeous Area, boring for children, staff has an attitude

by TripAdvisor Member Iprefer5stars

We visited the Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale over Thanksgiving weekend for a 4 night stay. The resort is gorgeous with very nice views. We were at the Timeshare villas which were nicely decorated and the pool area was nice. The front desk were not very nice. The attitude of the staff was like you were an inconvience. One day while hiking my 9 year old daughter rubbed up against a coya cactus and had it stuck and wedged between her thumb and two fingers. The paramedics had to be called and it took them over an hour to cut it off and pull out the needles. She was in alot of pain and it was a terrible horrible experience. When it happened everyone was very helpful. Later that day after I spent the whole day in the room soaking her hand, stopping her from crying because her whole hand was sore with cuts and bruises from the spikes of this cactus, we went to the front desk to get her some aspirin. They made my husband go to the store at the main hotel to get aspirin for her and pay 6.oo for it. This is after my daughter was injured on their property. We never heard from any of the staff after the incident to see how she was. This is a five star resort, they weren't busy and not one person called or came to check on her after this horrible incident. These cactus are all over the property and they do not warn parents of the dangers of these plants to any person or pet. The resort is not what you would expect from a Four Seasons Resort. I have stayed at Four Seasons Resorts in other areas. Be careful when choosing this Resort for your next vacation, especially if traveling with children. There is not much for them to do, and they do not service children like they do in Chicago and other Resorts.

Great spot to relax

We just got back from 5 days at the Four Seasons in Troon. As would be expected of this chain, the rooms were vey comfortable. We got upgraded to a Premium Casita and it was perfect. King size bed, double sinks, fireplace, etc...
The view overlooked the pool and Pinnacle Peak. I agree with the last review re: the internet access but we just used the complimentary computer in the main lobby. It is available 24/7.

The one drawback was the food. Although there was quite a wide choice, none really impressed me. I would give it a 5/10. We ended up going out for dinner every night which was perfect. Breakfast and lunch at Crescent Moon were OK.

Golf is good if not expensive but worth it if you are a true golfer.

The spa was amazing. The Four Seasons in One massage is a great choice. I came out very relaxed.

All in all a good hotel. I would go back but not before checking out some other hotels in the area.

They do pitch the residence club a bit too much.

Wonderful hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Nikon70

I just completed a stay at the Four Seasons Resort in North Scottdale and I don't think I've ever enjoyed a stay more. The hotel staff was excellent in all areas and everyone was super nice and happy to meet any request. I would say this is the best hotel in the area after reading other reviews of other resorts in the area. I didn't mind but you are about a 20 minute drive to downtown Scottsdale.

Nice place... a few minor issues, but overall very nice

Arrived on 12/26 for 4 nights in a suite (#207 to be specific) - room was nice - had a indoor/out door shower, lvg rm with fireplace, large master, 2nd full bath, large patio with fireplace, with fenced area that contained a mini pool, etc (like I said, it was nice). All this for $525/night, booked through Am Exp Platium Card travel. Service was great, prices in the shop, resturants and spas were reasonable. We each had a 80 minute massage and a his/hers manicure - again, the massage was one of the best I have ever had.

My only issue is that this suite was directly across from the laundry service and in-room dining service, thus subjecting us to having to hear the comings and goings thereof. A large wheeled laundry cart being pushed over a pebble surfaced walkway generates a lot of noise, especially @ 4 in the morning! To the credit of the guest services manager, I was offered another room of similar scope and scale, but alas, it was just across the court and would still be subject to the same issues. Mgmt did offer us dinner as an attempt to make up for this, and I must say, that after that 1st night of being plauged with this, the other 3 were fine.

Wonderful Service, The Resort was not Four Season Product

I was very suprised because I have stayed at many Four Seasons Hotels and did not think that this Resort would not be up to par. The service was amazing, they would come to your room in a matter of seconds. When you first enter the room.. a small fruit basket, chips and dip, and a personal note awaits for you. We stayed for Thanksgiving and on that day a pumpkin pie was given to you..Chocolate Chip cookies are given to you at check out. However don't be fooled by the good service, the resort reminded of a cheap hotel chain. The minute I entered my dark, everything beige room I wanted to check out. I wanted to stay somewhere more elegent even though I was visiting the Desert. The buildings were very poor looking.. and the bathrooms were the only nicely decorated rooms. The hotel was also a little to quiet...I am not for noise but this quiet was very depressing. I couldn't wait to return home...If I would return to Scottsdale I would without a doubt try the Phonecian hotel which was lovely. However I will still continue to stay at the Four Seasons..in fact I will be staying at the Four Seasons Paris in June because that looks amazing. Don't Be Fooled By the Name Four Seasons Resort because this resort is more like the Ramada.

5 Star!

by TripAdvisor Member slapin

A 5 star hotel with 5 star treatment. We absolutely would stay again - we were called by our names by 2nd morning. What a treat to be treated like royalty. Travelled during off season - June - so rates were terrific.

I've never slept so well

Some girlfriiends and I decided to run away from our children and spend a weekend sleeping, spa'ing, and eating/drinking. From the staff( not only knowing my name but knowing where I sit near the pool and what drink I usually get) to the spectacular room and view, this place rocks!
As for boring (which some of the other reviews have said), it depends on what you're looking for. Peace and quiet from a fast paced life? This is the place!

Comments