Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas

Costs 51% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton Scottsdale Resort and Villas

Loved the Hilton Scottsdale

by TripAdvisor Member tmbe

I read the previous reviews and almost didn't stay, but couldn't resist the rate, this is a great hotel! It has an incredible restaurant attached to it called Flemings which is awesome! The area is great and the rooms are big. I had a room on the pool and I really loved this place, I paid $89 per night and I would stay again in a heartbeat..

Good value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member kevins3255

I just spent 5 days at the resort and it was quite pleasant. However there are a few areas I want to make you aware of. If you are staying on the second floor the ceiling is wood (similar to the lobby) at night it sound like someone is walk on the roof. I was told that when the roof cools at night it tend to made "creaking noises". I was not the only one to experience this "strange noise" up on e the roof. The room is a decent size however the bathroom is a bit smaller than usually but it does not pose an issues. The restaurant and bar area are small but nice. The health club has a good selection of weight machine and aerobic equipment upstairs. The staff was nice but not overly friendly. The concierge was very helpful with direction to hiking trails (Camel Back Mountain) and gold courses. The Hilton Scottsdale is a good value for the money

Very nice place to dtay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member FoodiesInChicago

We stayed here 4/6/07 - 4/8/07 and we were very pleased. We did, however, use points to book the room and were glad b/c $250/night seemed a bit steep! However the front desk staff (including concierge) was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful, both with directions and restaurant recommendations! The pool was absolutely beautiful and made for a wonderful place to relax! Complimentary Internet service in their business center was a nice touch, too! While we didn't use their spa service, we went there to take al ook and it seemed just fine. The attendant there was also knowledgeable and friendly, too!

We ate breakfast in the hotel @ BlueFire Grill, which was delicious and reasonable priced. I'd recommend the breakfast burrito, which was large enough to share, but I'm glad I didn't! :-)

Convenient Location and Good Value

by TripAdvisor Member 1Maggie

We too had reserved a king bed with a noted late arrival and when we checked in at 10:00pm we were given two doubles instead. Of course they didn't tell us that at the desk we had to traipse up to the room to find out. After several phone calls we did manage to secure the requested king but obviously this Hilton DOES NOT honor reservation requests. Check-in early if you want to get what you reserved.

Once settled we found the room to be pleasant although the bath is extremely small. We also had the mysterious walkers across the roof all three nights that we were there and much banging as the a/c came on.

The pool is nice and quiet which suited us. The hotel is also within walking distance of the Indian Bend Greenbelt and the AZ canal so that was a plus for us. Very short drive to the galleries in Old Town Scottsdale which was also important to us.

Bottom line, great value if you get the summer $89/rate. I would never pay $250 to stay here.

Great Place!

by TripAdvisor Member mrcheesecake

I don't know what some of the other reviewers were drinking when staying here but this is one first class Hilton and no, I don't work for them.

After reading some of the other reviews it got us concerned but we've been traveling for years and have stayed at many a Hilton and never had a problem. The stay in Scottsdale was not exception.

The room was very spacious, beautifully apppointed, immaculately clean and the only criticism that I agree with is the small sized bathroom... but how much time do you spend in there?

The staff was terrific, pool bar well supplied and they even have a Starbucks in the hotel for those early 6AM cups of coffee.

We would certainly stay there again!

Very nice with a few exceptions

by TripAdvisor Member luvmarissa

This hotel was very nice except you should be aware of some of the problems with the hotel. First, you could hear the people staying in the rooms next to you as well as people walking above you. We could hear our noisy neighbors who came in at 2am, and could hear every step taking above us. Second, the bathroom is very small. The toiletries were very nice, but the bathroom was tight even just one person. Third, the Internet was extremely slow and often did not work. Had we not read that the Internet was included in the cost, we would not have known - they try to get you to pay extra for it. Besides these concerns, the hotel was quite nice - the pool was clean and the lounge chairs/towels were fantastic, the breakfast buffet was delicious although somewhat expensive, and there were lots of restaurants in walking distance.

Nice & Clean but overrated

by TripAdvisor Member Frequentflier08

We took advantage of the summer rate special and paid $79 a night. It was worth the money but I felt it was overrated.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by the bellman who took the luggage quickly to our room. He was chatty and informative. The room itself was spacious, there was a king bed, a chair and ottoman, and a work desk. We were told we were upgraded to a pool view, and we woudl have had a pool view if we could have cut down the two trees in front of our window. The bed was extremely comfortable. There was a mini bar and an honor bar. We didnt use either. The bathroom was a tad small, and the bathtub extremely small. Room service for breakfast was delivered when promised. Expensive, but tasty. The pool was overrated, it was small and dirty and felt like a bathtub.
The following two things annoyed me:
1)Resort sponsored activities- They advertise off resort activities which are pricey, but when we called to get the information noone seemed to know anything about them. We had to go through 3 people and finally someone fouind a brochure
2) Resort services fee-There is a $15 day mandatory fee they charge which includes local calls, gym, business center, internet, etc. I thought this was absurd since it hadnt been mentioned anywhere during checkin or booking. We found out through a sign in the room. We did even use any of these services. In the end, they did not charge this fee since the rate code did not allow for it.
We tried Flemings after hearing how great it was. It was not the best and not worth the money. I ordered fish which was overcooked and dry, I had to send back lobster bisque becuase it had no taste and was watered down(glad I did because it was $12.50 a bowl which was half the cost of my entree). The portions were generous.
In my opinion there is nothing special about this place, it was what I expected from Hilton. Housekeeping was excellent and the bed was nice. Would stay for $79 rate but not anything higher.

Great experience and family friendly

by TripAdvisor Member sacanon

We are Hilton HHonor members and my family stayed at this Hilton during late July. It was one of the best Hilton Hotels in the area. The manager walked me and my children to our room to help with our luggage. The room was exceptionally clean. The pool area was as well. We would definitely stay here again. Oh, and the price was very affordable.

A very average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member mickeyArizona

I would be hard pressed to give this hotel 3 stars and certainly not 4. Just to qualify, I had a standard room and the rate was much lower than in the high season. The room size was average for Holiday Inn, Hampton, or Best Western. The bathroom was so small that there was only a four inch clearance between the door and the toilet. Although they claim to have recently remodeled, I can only assume they meant the lobby. The bathroom had cracked floor tiles and obviously cheap construction materials, especially for an advertised 4-star property. The pool was large but had many missing tiles at water level. Very plain pool area. Air conditioning in our room had some intermittent "tapping" type noises all night. I will say the concierge and staff was friendly. I had expected alot more from a "recently remodeled 4-star" resort. I would not stay here again. There are many upscale resorts in the area and I can only wonder if they are truly 4-star and above? Maybe I got just what one should expect for $80? I certainly would never pay the high season rates at this property.

Comments