Hospitality Suites Resort

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 31% less than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

• al_mary's Profile Photo

Hospitality Suite Resort

Great place to stay, great price for all that
    you get. We have stayed several times,
    and will continue to do so when in the
    Phonix / Scottsdale area.
    The staff is very friendly and helpful, the
    rooms are all suites, and they are very
    spacious and clean.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Hospitality Suite Resort makes you feel like part of the family by offering complimentary amenities during your stay:

All the guests enjoy a full cooked to order breakfast each morning of their stay along with unlimited cocktails and refreshments every evening for a couplr hours at the Management hosted "Cocktail Party" ....

* Fully equipped kitchens & kitchenettes.
    * Complimentary Airport Shuttle from 7:00am-10:00pm.
    * Complimentary full breakfast 6:00am-10:00am.
    * Management hosted cocktail party 5:00pm-6:30pm nightly.
    * Three outdoor heated pools and Jacuzzi.
    * Lighted tennis & basketball courts including equipment.
    * Laundry facilities, Car rental service & Tour services.
    * Internet access at our convenient computer Kiosk in our lobby.
    * Shuffleboard, ping-pong & horseshoe areas.
    * Full service restaurant & lounge with room service.

Unique Quality: Imagine... A home away from home beautifully landscaped courtyards, relaxing year
    round sun, picturesque sunsets, and complimentary cocktails by the pool.
    It is conveniently located at the border of Scottsdale and Tempe, this charming desert
    getaway continues to give each guest the royal treatment.

More about Hospitality Suites Resort

Will not return to Hospitality Suites & Resort

We thought we were going to get a "Resort" atmosphere for a great deal. Scottsdale is a neat town to visit, but, we found the Hospitality Suites & Resort a big disappointment. We booked two rooms together, and had to settle for one room on the ground floor and one room on the third floor of an entirely different building. They did try to fix the problem the next day by giving us the room next door, but when we returned that night we found the room INFESTED with roaches. That, of course, meant that the girls had to go back upstairs to the third floor of an entirely different building for the duration of our stay. This is a horrible enough sight for grown adults, but when it is witnessed by three young ladies who just wanted to have a pleasant place to stay while visiting a friend, it brings on the willies!
The front desk gang was most helpful and very friendly and that is important if you want to give a good first impression (which they did), but in a city so diverse you need to make sure the rest of the staff is bilingual as well. The cleaning staff and the resraurant staff were not, or maybe they chose not to be.
Our rooms always smelled bad even after the maids came in and cleaned so we always had to spray the rooms with lysol to freshen them up. The maids never came at the same time on any given day, and we rarely got fitted sheets for the mattresses in either room which makes for uncomfortable sleeping conditions.
Our overall experience at Hospitality Suites & Resort was not a good one. Although the food and service at the restaurant was acceptable, they failed to make it a "Resort" experience. The pool area was not the cleanest I've ever seen, and the Fri and Sat Night karaoke in the bar produced only drunken obnoxious patrons into the night, even summoning the police to calm the situation on one occassion. This particular Hotel has the potential to be a jewel for the city of Scottsdale, and maybe someday it will be, but for now my family and I DO NOT recommend it for your vacation spot in Scittsdale, Arizona. Thank You for listening

Hospitality Suites -Very Comfortable & Affordable -Not for Snobs

We stayed the week of October 15 through the 22nd, 2005. The staff is very friendly and picked us up in their shuttle from the airport. Our Junior Suite room was very clean and the bed was firm, very nicely so. The kitchenette contained a two burner hot plate, a small refrigerator, a microwave, dishes, cookware, and silverware for two people (and a corkscrew). There is a grocery store one block away, where I bought a few things to keep in the room and a bottle of wine. There are three buildings, with a center courtyard, where a pool and other entertainment is located along with two very clean grills with grilling utensils. The Main building is where the cocktail hour occurs and has the largest pool and a hot tub. Breakfast selections were 1. three pancakes, 2. Four Triangles of French Toast 3. hot or cold cereal with a banana and toast 4. two croissants 5. Danishes 6. American Breakfast (2 eggs, hashbrowns, toast, and a choice of bacon, ham, or sausage). It comes with coffee, tea, or milk and a small glass of orange juice. I found the portions satisfying. Cocktail hour was unbelieveable, they made any kind of non-blended drink---I had bloody marys with beer chasers, mud slides, margaritas on the rocks, etc and all for free. The people I met there were incredible, many are annual visitors. There are several restaurants within walking distance and JJs Cantina (where you have breakfast) serves decent sports bar food. You can also get it to go and bring it back to your room. I booked a couple of tours that picked us up from the hotel, there are a myriad of brochures in the lobby and I'm sure the hotel can help you with a referral. The location is bordered by busy streets, so if you are looking for secluded solitude, this isn't the place you'll find it. I wasn't disturbed by noise, but when you are sitting by the pool, you can hear cars going by and the occasional truck, etc. I like to go to a place where I feel comfortable going to breakfast wearing a pair of shorts and I don't need to get fixed up to lay by the pool and people don't judge. It was clean and comfortable and I have already recommended this place to the people I know that will appreciate its charms. I do have other people I know that would do nothing but complain here---if you stay in the palace resorts, this isn't for you.

Climb A Tree

by al_mary

During our stay at the Hospitality Suites,
we noticed the trees on the property that
were laden with grapefruits and oranges,
and they were ripe for the picking. I asked
a manager if we could have one of each,
and he said no problem ....
So Al climbed the trees to get 1 of each,
and we had them for breakfast ... ha ha

JJ's Cantina

by al_mary about JJ's Cantina

JJ's Cantina & Sports Bar is part of the
Hospitality Suites Resort ....
We stay there often which includes a
cooked to order breakfast at JJ's.
The staff is friendly, and does all they
can to make your time there pleasant.
We recommend it even if your not a
guest of the Hospirality Suites .... Great Food - Great Prices
We recommend it as a 6 out of 10

JJ's Sports Restaurant and Cantina has an
extensive menu selection with room service
available from 11am - 11pm daily.

Enjoy daily lunch and dinner specials featuring a
wide variety of local Southwest flavor.

Any sports fan will appreciate the big screen tv's and
satellite aports programming.

For the competitive guest staying on the property, you
can enjoy billiards/ video games and darts ....

For those with hidden talents, Karaoke Night will bring
out the "Star" in you .....

Loved it! Would go back again!

by TripAdvisor Member dhu

If we visit the Phoenix area again, the Hospitality Suites Resort would be our choice. We would be delighted to stay there again! The staff is friendly and courteous. The resort was quiet and well kept. We had a one bedroom suite which was clean and comfortable. Any requests were attended to quickly and pleasantly. The shuttle bus, complimentary breakfasts and happy hours are a plus. We had a great time!

adequate lodging for one night

by TripAdvisor Member JRO

Hospitality Suites Resort is adequate lodging for an evening, but I wouldn't want to be committed here for more than that. This hotel is not a resort and is not located in Scottsdale - it's in Tempe, a block from the University. The main drag of Scottsdale is MANY blocks away. The property is older and very dated. The only updates to furniture appear to be of the cheap, pressed wood persuasion. I booked a standard room that had a crusty looking kitchenette (the microwave was from Montgomery Ward - how long have these guys been defunct?), a worn out bathroom, and peeling furniture. The doors to the closet were missing, as well. The room was marginally clean, although I wouldn't sit on the comforter.

The cocktail hour, while a very nice gesture, is better avoided, as is the complimentary breakfast, which is served in the bar and has the stale, smoky atmosphere of said. The cocktails were a either a watery version of a couple of made-up concoctions or jug wine. The food was truly terrible - soured orange juice, what appeared to be some sort of egg substitute, and stale bread used for toast. If you can taste the staleness through toasting, the bread is quite old indeed. They should put the breakfast budget to use at Costco and offer a continental affair by the pool.

The crowning moment was being awoken at 4:27 a.m. to a loud stream of profanity that lasted for several minutes. I have no idea where it originated, but as I was on the third floor facing the pool this exchange had to have been deafening to those nearer to it. It is clear to me that I was in the wrong part of town. I cannot say, as a single female traveler, that I ever felt safe while in the vicinity.

The good side is that the staff was very friendly - such a waste of great employees at such a sub-standard establishment. I don't think that this spot was worth the $75 I paid. I could have grabbed a chain budget for the same price - loads of these around Scottdale Rd.

Know that this is very far from Resort Scottsdale central, and that the surrounding area here is a bit seedy. Know, also, that Phoenix is high on the list of extended and annoying road construction. I have been few places where the road signage was more confusing and unclear. Allow yourself enough time to get anywhere you need to be.

Don't be fooled by the price per night.

We chose Hospitality Suites because it was cheap. We haven't been to Scottsdale before and we've heard good things about their nightlife. The hotel was near the airport, shuttle was free and breakfast was cooked to order plus there was a free cocktail hour. Those are the only good points. However, since we did not rent a car, we took the bus everywhere. And NO, the buses don't come on time nor as frequent as we'd like. The hotel is 4 miles from the city center, where EVERYTHING is. The malls, the little gift shops, Old Town and most especially, the nightlife.

5 hours after we checked in, we noticed the a/c not working. It was just fan-like. So we wasted an hour waiting if it was gonna be fixed or not. It wasn't. We had to transfer (by then we have unpacked already) to another room behind the main building (quite a distance). Nobody from maintenance or cleaning people helped us move. Furthermore, the pool does not look/seem as big as in their picture. It was a tiny pool. The pressure of the shower was low/weak.

if you go to scottsdale, pick a hotel CLOSE to Old Town. It will save you cab money and time.

Hidden gem..

by TripAdvisor Member Simba-Mark

My wife, three children and I stayed here in July 2003 and 2004 and we had a great time. The accomodation is basic but exceptionally clean and well maintained (as are the grounds). The main pool can be busy at times, however sometimes we were the only family in another pool. The staff were all exceptionally helpful and friendly especially the reception staff and Skip the server at breakfast. The management do their best to ensure that everyone feels welcome and information on local area attractions is always at hand.
The only minor issue is that a car is essential to fully enjoy Scottsdale and Phoenix attractions. My family and I will be back!

Won't stay again

by TripAdvisor Member 3please

We did not get the room described by other reviewers. Our room was musty, and stale. It was on the bottom floor and was supposed to be non-smoking. The sofa and chair reeked of cigarette smoke. The pull out couch was uncomfortable even for my nine year old. The room reminded me of an old rundown apartment building. The young people at the front desk were more interested in getting their dinner order together than helping us check in. We will not stay again, but judging from the other reviews, we got a terrible room. Ask for a room on a higher floor maybe.

Scottsdale / Phoenix Area

by al_mary

Greetings,

We will be staying in Scottsdale, at the Hospitality Suites Oct. 11th - 14th.

Any suggestions on some reasonably
priced eateries in the area like a nice
steak house ?

Has anyone been to the following:
Desert Botanical Gardens ?
Arizona State Fair ?

We are just curious if they are worth
attending while we are there ....

Any help appreciated :o)

Mary and Al - USA
Massachusetts

by spartan

Hi Mary and Al,

For the restaurant, try Banderas...the food is excellent and the price won't break your wallet. It's been a few years since I've eaten there, but I do remember a line to get in. For more information, check out the write up on my Scottsdale page.

Sincerely,

Spartan

by zuriga

There's a Ruth Chris Steak House in Scottsdale if you like those.. and so many good restaurants it's hard to choose just a few. If you write or email the Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce, they'll send you a huge book full of ideas of things to see, places to eat.

Re: Re: Scottsdale / Phoenix Area

by YVRDave

The best sports themed place I have ever been to is called Don & Charlies. Just off Camelback east of Scottsdale Rd. Also excellent prime rib.
Not expensive.

by Landshark+3

I am not sure if you just want steak or you are looking for something different with a little more Arizona with it. I would suggest you try Rawhide very cool place and definetly Arizona western style.
Rawhide Wild West Town
23023 North Scottsdale Road
Scottsdale, Arizona 85255 USA
(480) 502-1880 or (480) 502-5600
www.rawhide.com

Re: Re: Scottsdale / Phoenix Area

by YVRDave

Good call Larry. I had forgot about Rawhide.
I went there as a kid and loved it.

Comments