3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hotel Indigo Scottsdale

Well done Hotel Indigo

by TripAdvisor Member KJR0711

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel Indigo and had a terrific experience. The hotel fits the Scottsdale market perfectly: there are plenty of resorts that offer golf/tennis/pools/spa/multiple restaurants, etc., and cheaper motel type places. This place is resort quality without all of the resort extras (or prices.)
Hotel Indigo seems to realize that the area around the hotel is why people are there, and doesn't try to pawn a bunch of extra services on its guests. Don't get me wrong, the hotel had great food at the bar, a small but nice pool, and a great patio to read the paper or have a drink. However, the emphasis is getting you in, letting you enjoy yourself while there, and then telling you where to go in the area.
The rooms are very modern and functional. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was great.
The staff was friendly from check-in to check-out (especially the bar staff), and we had absolutely no problems during our stay. If you are traveling to Scottsdale and are not looking to stay at a resolt, Hotel Indigo is a good option

Could Not Been Better

by TripAdvisor Member acuraclracer

I stayed at the Hotel Indigo when I was in Scottsdale to take the LSAT. It was very important to me that for the two nights prior to the exam, that I would not be distracted or disturbed. Additionally, I planned on going out to celebrate on Saturday after my test. Despite my specific criteria, I was able to find the perfect hotel. I read reviews on tripadvisor.com for some of the more expensive hotels, such as the Mondrian, and found that they lacked at least one of characteristics I desired.

The Hotel Indigo offered a rate of about 160 a night. When I called to book the room, I was informed that because I am a AAA member my rate would be cut dramatically.

When I arrived at the Hotel I was greeted by a very personable staff. My room was not quite ready, but Michael, a manager at the front desk, escorted me to a private demo room where I was able to study for my exam in interim.

My room was beautiful, and as far as I could tell I was the only other person on the floor. The complete silence allowed me to relax and prepare just as I had planned.

The in house dining offered a wide variety of food at very affordable prices. Scott and Kyle work behind the bar, and are both very nice.

The house-keeping service was impeccable, as I was greeted with a spotless room each day.

The bottom line is this: The Hotel Indigo offers a hip, Intimate, Luxurious feel at a rate that can accommodate even the most modest spender.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I look forward to staying there again in the future.

Great Stay at the Indigo

by TripAdvisor Member TSUAGD

My husband and I travelled to Scottdsale for the Fiesta Bowl and chose the Hotel Indigo primarily because we have stayed in their Chicago property (which is also great) and because we got a great price.

The hotel is conveniently located near Old Town Scottsdale and lots of shopping. You can easily walk to the mall and waterfront where the free trolley will take you throughout town. There is a whole foods grocery store and several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. I would recommend a car to fully enjoy the area, because there is much to see outside the immediate area.

We chose a king bed suite which had a balcony. The balcony did not have any outdoor furniture, but was nice to be able to get fresh air. Bed was super comfy with nice quality linens. There is a flat screen tv and suitable work area. The alarm clock was particularly nice as it had a cd player, with a cd playing when we got to the room. It also had the ability to plug in your MP3 player. The room also had a sofa that one person could sleep on if you had three, although I wouldn't suggest it unless it was a child.

The suite had a good size foyer area with in room coffee and a small fridge.

The best thing about the suite was the bathroom. It was huge, with two separate sink areas. Once side had sink and shower, the other had sink and toilet area. Also a good size closet and dressing area. The shower is spa like, with rain shower head and it was also huge. The decor is very modern and sleek.

There are a few design flaws, specifically in the bath area. There is only one light switch for all of the lights, and there is no way to keep the steam from the rest of the room because the suite has an open floor plan. Also, they ask you to hang your towels and use more then once, but there were not enough towel hooks to do so. That's not a problem, as they changed all towels everyday regardless.

The rest of the hotel is also very sleek and modern. The lobby is on the second floor, and has a nice bar area where you can get Starbucks coffee in the morning. Two computers are available free for guest use. There is a nice outdoor patio off the bar which had a fire pit lighted during the cool December evenings. There is a small pool and a fitness center, but I did not use either. Room service is available, but I did not use.

Overall, we had a great stay and would highly recommend.

Sleek, Sexy, and Sophisticated

by TripAdvisor Member Intelligentsia

My husband and I have stayed at the Hotel Indigo three times in the past couple months as we take care of business related to our relocation to AZ. On our first visit we got the hotel at an exceptional rate as neither the pool or balcony were ready. As the amenities improve the price has gone expectedly gone up.

I love almost everything about this hotel. The design is well thought out, inviting, and crisp. There are little haikus on everything from the reuse your towel signs to the room keys. The hardwood floors are great - you can see how clean the room is. I'm generally not a fan of hotel carpets and rarely walk barefoot in my room but I did here. Another nice touch is the fact that you can reach thouh a hole in the shower glass to feel the water temperature without getting all wet and/or scalded. The toiletries by Aveda are very nice too.

As for entertainment upon your entry to the room you'll be greeted by a nice selection of music and each room has LCD/Plasma TVs with plenty of channels. If you're a Priority Club member you'll receive a coupon for a free drink at the bar or Starbucks. I should also mention that the hotel is very pet friendly, it's only a $25 deposit and you can leave your pet unattended and they will call you if there's a problem.

The only downside to this hotel is that it's located in the heart of what seems to be a clubbing Mecca for the young, idle, and rich. There is no noise to be heard inside the rooms but if you're just "regular folks" there on the weekends you might sometimes feel a bit too untrendy to be there. During the week its more businesslike though and the staff id friendly and helpful to all.

Love the Indigo Brand

by TripAdvisor Member Reisefuedli

Was my second time staying at an Indigo hotel. First time I stayed at the Indigo in Chicago and loved it too. The Scottsdale property has a different ambience but is also very contemporary and trendy. The rooms are brand new and very well equipped. Would have loved to stay longer, but only stayed one night unfortunately. The location is great, in the middle of Scottsdale, very close to Fashion Square Mall. Would stay there again anytime.

Nice Modern Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Melanie_from_Chicago

We stayed at this hotel last May. What a great find and an amazing deal!

Rooms: Nice size room with very modern decor and hardwood floors, plasma TV, and Aveda toiletries.

Parking: Great free self park. The only issue we had was that there's a busy bar/club next door that shares the same parking lot. One night, we were wandering around forever trying to find a free spot. We finally parked near the restaurant next door.

Service: Front desk was very courteous. No complaints here.

Room service: Not much of a selection for lunch. But the food came super quick. Taste-wise it was decent but not the best. We suggest going to one of the many restaurants nearby instead.

Location: Very close to Fashion Square Mall and Old Town.

Overall: They did a great job renovating. We would definitely not hesitate to stay here again. The pool was still being renovated at the time. It wasn't so much an issue for us since we hung out at a friend's nearby. But I'd definitely check with the hotel to see if it's open before you go.

Still under Construction

by TripAdvisor Member yo007

This hotel is still under construction, the pool is still closed. The
room was nicely equipped, although I had to ask for a fridge for an extra $10 per day.

The floors are Pergo laminate which is nice for allergies, but a little noisy. I did keep the fan on to cut down on the noise.
The 'desk' area is right next to the AC unit, you can work but you'll
have cold legs. There is a blackout shade which was a welcome change to the typical curtains. The 'dresser' was very shallow and would hold very little.

My check-in experience left much to be desired. It appeared that the employee behind the desk was still green. He could not find my reservation and would not give me a room. I had to produce my confirmation from US Airways to indicate that I had paid for a package with my flight dates. He instructed me to go over to the shared PC to contact US Airways and straighten things out. Lucky for him, just before I was set to launch into a full fledged tirade, the manager came out and said that they would take care of everything and
that I should return in a couple of hours.

Not very secure...needs finishing touches and better AC

by TripAdvisor Member rbaelp

Great concept and decor but there are issues. We checked in and had AC problems. There was an attempt to fix the first night but it still reached 81 in our room. We should have been given a new room that night but we were told they were full. No offer of any compensation was made for that night. After a very warm night in our room they sent the head maintance guy who said he fixed the AC and it would take a while to cool down. The day shift front desk said that if it was still not working they would move us when we came back that evening. Not only was the room 84 degrees with blowing hot air from the AC no one at the front desk knew anything about the move. The maintance man who came the night before (Les) was very helpful and insited he help us move to another room. The front desk clerk (Ian) was clueless and Les had to push him to make the move happen. When we got to the new room we learned the our other room must be the "low-end" room. In our new room there was a comfortable bed with a soft wonderful mattress pad (none in the other room) a cool "made for the hotel" cd in the player, lights that worked, and a wonderful AC unit. HOWEVER...at 9:30 there was kicking and banging on our door with someone opening the door. The only thing that kept them from coming in was the metal bar. I opened the door after yelling at them to stop only to find a couple with a key trying to get in...not a mistake on their part they had keys to our room...it seems IAN sold our room to these people. How is that even possible? What a huge security issue.
Other security issue, the bill on Monday was not placed under the door rather, it was shoved into the door jam. This is a huge no-no in this industry as there is vital information like full name and address for anyone to have access to. The maid service on Sunday left a lot to be desired with dirty glasses left in the room, no TP, and no replacement shampoo/cond/soap was left. For all of this we were comped one night of a three night stay. No offer for drinks, food, future stay, discounts etc. while basically two of the three nights were bad nights. If you are a single person traveling on business esp. female I would strongly advise staying somewhere else. A couple looking for a "cool trendy" place to hang on the weekend is ok but I would ask questions before taking the room.

OMG! Not a good stay....

by TripAdvisor Member Dakota05

An awful night! Groups of young men roaming the halls until 4:00 a.m. Probably longer, but that is when we left! I thought the hotel had good reviews and would be a nice place to stay in downtown Scottdale. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's a party hangout and had no security at all. As we checked out the manager wanted to know why I didn't call and report the problems. I wondered how he could not have known what was going on in such a small hotel. With the party right outside our door I was concerned for our safety and chose to leave rather than confront the party. We had looked forward to an evening in downtown Scottsdale but will definitely choose another hotel next time.

Comments