6850 East Main Street, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85251, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Nevo's Profile Photo

Valley Ho is a GO.

We stayed here with a big wedding party back in April of '09 on a beautiful sunny weekend.
    I kept hearing about the expansive grooming this property received back in 2005 and was eager to finally check it out on my bi-annually AZ visit.

The place is classic. A great 70's ambiance with a 21st century touch. A very open and spacious layout and a pool thats flooded with good looking people. What else can you ask for? Its a see and be seen place for sure, but i like it. The restuarant ZuZu has fantastic food. My first recommendation would be the macaroni and cheese with truffle oil. Delicious. and the drink menu is reasonably priced.

The rooms are great size and redone very nicely. all-glass walls opening onto airy patios. The only downfall are the very thin walls. You've been warned...other than that, you'll get a great nite sleep on an enormous comfortable bed.

• sassysato's Profile Photo

Its like the Jetson's

Amazing
    The Executive Suites offer 1,035 sq.ft. of striking modern design. Dramatic, and very big circular bathtub for two, a living room worth living in and a 1,200 sq.ft. patio that's perfect for a party or relaxing.

Unique Quality: Pool is fantastic
    The grounds are beautiful, lush and very green

• savvygirl's Profile Photo

Scottsdale's version of Las Vegas

The Valley Ho is a retro, stylish hotel that attracts a young, hip crowd looking to party. The pool in the center of the hotel is the "hot spot" on the weekends (think Hard Rock Hotel Pool, 'Rehab', in Las Vegas). The rooms are clean, 70's inspired and comfortable.; The staff is welcoming and accomidating. However, if you are traveling to SCottsdale, AZ for a plush, swanky resort that caters to your every need...this isn't for you. The Valley Ho caters more to the "see and be seen" attitude that Scottsdale is so well known for and charges a pretty price tag for it.

Unique Quality: 70's Retro theme to the hotel

More about Hotel Valley Ho

Great stay at the Valley Ho

by TripAdvisor Member sloano

I recently stayed at the Valley Ho over a long weekend on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Scottsdale. Overall I had a great stay. I loved the retro vibe, although I felt it wasn't as glamourous as I had expected, perhaps because it is after all an old motel that's been refurbished.
Once my car was whisked away by the valet I was greeted by Nick the porter. He was fantastic - very friendly and informative. I found the front desk staff to be indifferent every time I dealt with them.
I stayed in a Sigature Guest Suite and absolutely loved it. The bed was extremely comfortable and after a day I felt right at home. I was staying in wing 5 which is way at the far end of the complex and right up against a busy road but I never heard the traffic and in retrospect was glad I wasn't near the pool and restaurant as I'm an early to bed, early to rise girl. I appreciated the huge lounger on my patio - next time I'll be sure to ask for a room that gets sun in the morning instead of the afternoon.
Finally, the spa is fantastic. I had a pedicure and a massage and both were excellent. I would highly recommend both services.
All in all I was happy with my stay, and will stay again if I can book at a reasonable price.

Valley Ho, Best place in Scottsdale!

by TripAdvisor Member jmac1085

I went to Scottsdale for work and began my stay at the Caleo just down the street from the Valley Ho. It was much more expensive, so I was expecting a better stay...boy was I wrong. The people were very rude, the style was out-dated, and there was NO night life. As soon as I could I checked in to the Valley Ho, and it was like entering paradise!

Although the valet is a little annoying, the people are very nice, and I don't mind giving them a buck or two. The atmosphere radiates energy, style, and relaxation.

I began every day with fresh squeezed orange juice, fresh fruit, and a fabulous blend of rich coffee. The staff at Cafe Zuzu (the hotel cafe) was amazing, and I was quickly on a first name basis with the waiters and waitresses.

The best part was the spa. I had a massage and facial, and never felt so refreshed in my life. Every morning I took advantage of their sauna...its free to guests!

I would recommend this hotel to EVERYONE! it is well worth every penny spent! A++++

Chic, Comfortable and Centrally-Located

by TripAdvisor Member SamiMack

I stayed at the Hotel Valley Ho on an October business trip. I was there for five days. It was great! This property is a perfect example of how the rennovation/rebirth of an old 50s hotel should be done. The rooms are large, comfortable and chicly furnished. Guests are provided with high-end toilettries and all you have to do is call the desk to get a nice, fluffy spa robe for your room (they're not there waiting for you, for some reason). The pool area is fabulous and glamourous, with chair service and the whole bit.

I stayed in two different rooms during my stay, and they were very different indeed. The first two nights I had a corner room right above the pool and the bar/restaurant. It was fun, fun, fun to sit on the double-size chaise on the double-size patio (corner room perk) and check out all the action. But if you're wanting to actually sleep in this room, bring your earplugs; the action goes on until the wee hours. My second room was in Wing 3, one building behind a building overlooking the pool. Same nice room appointments, same patio and double-size chaise, but it was quiet, quiet, quiet. No noise from any source. Lovely.

The hotel is in downtown Scottsdale, a very short walk, cab or trolley ride from the touristy "Old Town" area and a ginormous shopping mall with high-end shops like Neiman-Marcus, Gucci, Burberry, etc. If you're interested in thrift shopping, there are several stores a short cab or bus ride down Scottsdale Road.

This hotel is very chic, "design-y" and "scene-y", so I wasn't expecting friendly service. I was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, from the bartender to the spa staff to the front desk clerks. Special props to both of the concierges I dealt with--they were highly helpful and professional with everything from getting me printed directions to the Goodwill to checking me in for my flight home. I highly recommended this hotel.

The highlight of our vacation!

by TripAdvisor Member rbgreen80

We spent 5 days in Scottsdale between Christmas and New Years and the hightlight of our trip was definately the Valley Ho. We stayed in the suite with the big, white bathtub--I spent hours soaking in the tub and watching movies on the flat screened tv!

The Hotel staff was very nice and helpful, the amenities were great and the food at ZuZu was fantastic--Thanks, Valley Ho!

everything we expected

by TripAdvisor Member sassykk

We stayed at the Valley Ho to start a business/vacation trip. We couldn't have asked for more! The atmosphere was hip and relaxed. The rooms were spotless and larger than I expected. We stayed in a ground level room with a large soaking tub that sat in the middle of the bathroom. The bathroom was divided from the room by a curtain (the toilet was in it's own closet). The only down side was that if one of us was taking a nap, the other couldn't really dress or clean up without disturbing the sleeper. We loved the large patio that looked out on a courtyard for having morning coffee (really good in room coffee maker) and enjoying the warm temperatures. The food was excellent in both the bar and at ZuZu, we didn't try trader vics. All in all, we loved it!!

Way Overrated

by TripAdvisor Member retaks

We stayed at the Valley Ho for a few days during a business trip. I read the online reviews and was looking forward to some good times.

While I wasn't disappointed; I definitely was not impressed. The hotel is hip, the loaction is great, good food, and the pool area is awesome. The service is hit and miss because the staff is not well trained. Most are just indifferent or clueless, and sometimes just rude. If you try to ask for anything remotely "custom", they will certainly not be able to accommodate you or will get it wrong.

The spa manager Brad? is especially annoying; if you ask him a question he acts like you are bothering him (the spa is tiny and virtually empty, and he likes to work out at 5pm in the gym so don't interrupt him).
This retro style is all the rage in Palm Springs and being from CA, we've seen it before (like 3-4 years ago). Maybe that's why everyone is so impressed.

Overall, OK for the price and lots of potential. Maybe in another year the hotel staff can gain some experience and offer some consistent and decent service.

Flawless

by TripAdvisor Member Sausca

We stayed at the Valley Ho this week. It was flawless. The reservation process was quick and efficient. AAA rate was good (saved $20). Check in was smooth. The bellman had a friendly and informative patter about the hotel and how everything worked. Valet parking is underground at the condo complex next door. Underground in Scottsdale is good when it gets hot.

The room was superb. Large with a floor to ceiling, wall to wall glass wall. The large bath had two opaque glass wall, a WC, shower and tub. To give you an idea of the attention to detail. There were Grohe fixtures, bowl sink, Red Flower amenities, and a blue M-16 halogen over the tub which would cast a blue glow thru the milk glass walls. The furniture was stylish if not particulaly distinguished. The 32" HDTV had a jack to play the ipod. There was a counter that ran the length of one wall which provided an enormous work area. The patio had a padded chaise with canvas curtains for privacy.

The pool and spas were great. A 50' circular pool if you want to do some swiming and two spas. Pool side bar. Cabanas. An a thousand towels stacked up for the taking.

The public rooms were a perfect blend of style and function. Right down to the placemats and flatware. Don't miss the crushed glass fire place in the lobby lounge. We had both b'fast and lunch at the hotel and the quality was excellent. The portions were reasonably sized as opposed to the gargantuan servings one often runs into. The ice tea was served with simple syrup. Service was excellent

Trader Vic's is across the parking lot and is both good and a nostalgia trip for those who spent a lot of time there as youngsters.

The BW (Beautiful Wife) reported the spa was fine if a little pricey.

The tower (7 stories) is composed of condo units which are either owner occupied or can be put into the rental pool. Interesting. This is not a resort in the sense that there are no athletic facilities.

Lastly the hotel is PET FRIENDLY in an intelligent way. No charge for pets, but relatively strict rules intelligently applied. Fido got a welcome package that was very nice.

I was blown away with the quality of this relatively small operation. I recommend most highly.

Comments