InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about InterContinental Montelucia Resort & Spa

A little Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerFerrett

The Montelucia is an amazing resort, distinguished by its beautiful setting and meticulous service. The word I would use to describe the hotel is “sophisticated:” The rooms have contemporary décor complemented by beds that are absolutely heavenly. Each room offers Internet service. The sophistication in every detail of my accommodations combined with the grand setting by Camelback Mountain made my vacation experience unique. Walking into the Montelucia, I felt that I had entered a world that combined grandeur and elegance in a way I had never before experienced.

Worst Hotel Experience We've Ever Had

by TripAdvisor Member AZ_Sunshine33

My husband and I stayed at the Montelucia for New Year's Eve. The service was absolutely horrendous. It took well over an hour to get into our room because they had messed up our reservation. Our dinner reservation was made a month in advance for 9:00 pm. We were seated at 9:45 and by 11:15, we had only had our appetizers. When we confronted the restaurant manager, he suggested we just leave. The hotel manager comped burnt grilled cheese sandwiches and cold pizza from room service which served as our 5-star New Year's Eve dinner. Needless to say, our romantic getaway was ruined. I have literally never been treated this badly by a hotel. I truly believe our experience would have been better at a Holiday Inn.

Like being in southern Spain!

by TripAdvisor Member Veronica029

My husband and I were unable to be with our family during the holidays this year, so we thought we would have a different kind of Christmas together at a brand new resort nearby. I have to say that it was one of the best holidays I have ever experienced!
I truly felt as though I had been transported into a vibrant village in southern Spain! The service was impeccable, the food and signature cocktails were magnificent, but the true highlight of our vacation was Joya Spa. I'm not a typical 'spa person', but I spent all day there after my Vitamin C facial and custom massage (we even had lunch on the rooftop terrace & pool overlooking Camelback Mountain). It is magical!!!
I have to say that one of the best features of this new resort is the location. You don't have to drive forever to reach it, but when you arrive, it feels as though you are a million miles from the hectic
'real world'. I will come back every year from now on!

Not bad

by TripAdvisor Member nimby123

I had a fairly good experience at this hotel. The spa was great and the room was beautiful. The hotel is not fully operational yet, as the spa's rooftop restaurant was not open nor was the restaurant by the second adults only pool. Some of the staff were very friendly, others seemed colder and less cooperative.

Overall, it was a good experience and a beautiful facility. However, it needs some work on the service and staffing side to start justifying the 4-5 star rating.

This is a three star hotel, expensive and loud, located at a busy intersection.

by TripAdvisor Member lewis49

I realize this is a new hotel, but it is part of the Intercontinental chain of hotels, and I was disappointed. I had reserved a room not on the ground floor, with a view of the mountain. What I was offered, (because they were booked,) were rooms within earshot of the busy intersection. I had no idea how loud the area was. I opted for a quiet room and was given a ground level room, far from the front desk, with no view. I checked back the next day to see if anything had opened up - nothing. Of course, if I wanted to pay an upgrade - I could get a "better" room. Nothing was offered.

Sometimes my room was made up, sometimes it wasn't. I had a loud cricket in the room - as well as my own anole, (small lizard.) The smoke alarm was installed on the wall next to the bed and blinked a blue light all night. I thought there was something wrong with it - but was told it was normal - working fine.

I was locked in to a "special" rate that was higher than rates they are advertising now. Had I not been, I would have changed hotels during my stay.

The restaurant was lovely and the food was good. I was not able to take in any of the spa treatments.

The staff was very nice, but not as professional as I would have expected from a 4 or 5 star hotel. The hotel has some growing up to do.

love this resort!

by TripAdvisor Member newlinemsp

Absolutely loved this hotel! My husband and I stayed here for three nights and had a wonderful time. The whole place is brand new and makes you feel like you're in Spain. The staff was very helpful and professional. The restaurant was great. We ate there twice for dinner and once for breakfast and all were great experiences. We will definitely be back!

Loved It!

by TripAdvisor Member Mfuerst

We have stayed at EVERY luxury property in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. This is by far the best all around experience. We will definately make this our hotel of choice every time we travel to Phoenix.

There is a reason this is called Paradise Valley

by TripAdvisor Member StephPhiladelphia

Wow, they thought of everything. The staff is lovely and makes you feel at home in the midst of complete luxury. There is comfortable and ample outdoor living so that you can take in the sublime views in privacy or while enjoying the company of other guests. The spa is wonderful and the fitness center is not to be forgotten. I worked out everyday during my week stay and received tons of personal attention. I got in great shape in a relaxing environment. At night, the restaurant was packed and had an elegant nightclub crowd. I was able to enjoy a nice meal with friends and it was entertaining to watch people dance and mingle. I am going back and I plan to enjoy a lunch at the private spa terrace, drink champagne by the pool, exercise often, go dancing, and repeat.

Desert Oasis for Quality Accomodations & Service

by TripAdvisor Member tdpndc

I enjoyed this property very much. The quality of the facility and staff was superb -- especially given that the property is just a few months old and still catching its rhythm.

I experienced no problems checking in or out. Most of the staff looked like models -- absent any attitude.

I was in the Cortijo Plaza Village near the front of the property. My room was large with all the expected amenities of a luxury property: comfy bed and linens, flat screen TV, WiFi, alarm clock with iPod docking and an oversized bathroom with separate tub and shower area. My large balcony overlooked the Kasbah Pool and directly on to Camelback Mountain. Even close to the pool and above the main restaurant, my room was very quiet.

I received a massage at the Joya Spa. Not only was the therapist highly skilled but the facility was among the best I had ever experienced. The spa is more then 30,000 sq. ft. and beautifully designed and decorated. All of the amenities, including sauna, whirlpool, lap pool, fitness center and classes, are included with any one-hour service.

One night, I had pre-dinner cocktails and tapas at Mbar and dinner at Prado (my paella was fantastic). Everything was perfect.

I was there for two nights. The layout and architecture truly had me feeling as if I have been transported to a Spanish village.

Fabulous resort

by TripAdvisor Member kem

We had a fantastic stay at the Intercontinental. The grounds are fantastic with many outside lounge areas in courtyards, by the pools, etc. There was a lot of attention to detail in the design. Our room was in the oasis pool area with a view of Camelback Mountain. The patios on the ground floor have a huge almost two person lounger. The bathrooms have a beautiful marble walk in shower. The rooms are very comfortable and roomy. The staff and service were outstanding. We had booked at a very good rate and since it was not full, they pretty much allowed us to pick our room location. We really liked the set up and relaxed atmosphere

Rock wall with fence to stop fallRock wall with fence to stop fall

Street View of the EntranceStreet View of the Entrance

Scottsdale Car ServiceScottsdale Car Service

McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, Scottsdale, AZMcCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, Scottsdale, AZ

Comments