Millennium Resort Scottsdale McCormick Ranch

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 38% more and rated 16% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Millennium Resort Scottsdale McCormick Ranch

Great time at Millenium Scottsdale - get a Villa!

by TripAdvisor Member Maui2soon

We reserved a Villa for two couples for five days 7/31 to 8/5. Couldn't request a view apparently, but that might be because we had a great deal--Villa for $200.00 and a $200.00 bar and restaurant credit every day. What a blast that was! We had room service to DIE for. We had every entree at every meal (across the 5 days), and they were all wonderful. The pork loin will surprise you, the lemon souffle pancakes with home made raspberry syrup I still dream about...salmon, pasta, I never had a BEEF TENDERLOIN so good--the service was marvelous, only the front desk staff was a little snooty and off-putting.

Joby in the bar is a DOLL. The pool/grill staff is fun fun fun, the restaurant people very very accommodating and nice. The villa was MEGA dated, but that was ok because it was all fun and nice. (Alert, there is no internet, or maybe dial up, in the villas, but there is wireless in the lobby and they told us there is high speed in the hotel rooms.) The pool is warm and lovely, and the Fashion Mall is about 4 miles away, with all the terrific hi end stores.

I can't wait to find my way back there if they continue to offer that bar and restaurant deal. We never expected to have so much fun at so little price!

Not disappointed by the McCormick

by TripAdvisor Member HotelfanNetherlands

My company organised their annual get together at the end of April 05 at McCormick Ranch and we stayed there for 4 days. I must confess the resort is better than many trip advisor members describe. It is not a luxurious resort, but it a good average place to stay. Rooms are spacious and the ones with a view at the lake are very pleasant (I heard from colleagues who had rooms facing Scottsdale rd that altough not noisy, the view was really nothing). I was amazed how good the cleaning/maid service was. In Europe we are not used to such an efficient maid service (new amenities and coffee every day-a pitty there was no tea), and everything very very clean. In my room the only problem was the bathroom which needed some renovation and it was very dark and small. The lake is of course a highlight for the location and people who like golf I am sure will find their paradise there. Swimming pool was clean and warm.
Negatives I found, were only sometimes the front desk's unfriendliness (except from the very helpful and kind Polish girl, the rest of the people were not up to the standard one expects from a resort). The other negative was my phone bill which was extremely high given that I called exactly two minutes to Europe while being there. What I found outrageous was the fact that noone was able to give me a detailed invoice and explain me how much they charge and for what. All food was arranged in buffets from my company so i did not try the restaurants there. The catering we had, maybe affiliated with the hotel, was good, nothing special. We tried the bar and it was ok, both service and quality.
I have no idea how much the rooms cost normally but if they are at around 70 dollars, then you definitely get good value for money.

Needs a little TLC

by TripAdvisor Member netflyer

We stayed in a 3 bedroom villa-6 the day after Easter. The one good thing is the space we had. The place was huge. The problem we had was the overall cleanliness. The carpet was disgustingly filthy. There was a big black stain on the landing of the stairs and then drippings from something all the way down the stairs. I was tempted to clean them myself. There were plenty of burned out light bulbs, 2 flourescent ones in the kitchen. Our screens were all torn, the windows were also filthy. These things should be taken care of after each visit. If they were we would of been so much happier with the place. We only had 2 TV's, no grill, and when I asked about one they said they didn't provide that amenity. The pool was crowded, if you wanted a chair we needed to be down there at 8AM. It was nice having the lake with all the various canoes and such. The Pinon Grill was great. The food was wonderful and so was the service. We were a party of 7 and had to wait a little while to get our drinks, no big deal. When we got our bill the waitress said the drinks were on the house since we were so patient. Also booked a jeep tour through the hotel and it was great!! I guess maybe we should of asked to look at the room first, I don't think I would stay here again, unless the price was right.

horrendeous hotel staff!!!!

As soon as I was checking in , I had already encountered problems . I was delayed with the check in for over an hour.

Also I had already booked the room for a lakeside view, instead of that, they had purposely given me a room with the highway and a full parking lot view.
And it was not a full weekend as there were empty rooms all around us.

The staff has a horrible servive throughout. The kids and young adults that work there expect a major tip for every service and do not thank you and act cold when a 20% tip is not given for such services as room service.

We ended up checking out early and I had a very dificult time paying a regular rate instead the deluxe lake view rate. They would not take responsibilities for their mistakes and gave excuses.

Then as I was leaving with an important client a woman ran out saying that i did not pay my bills.

That hotel was teh biggest joke , please do not stay there, the service is incredibly slow and they are too busy trying to be cool and snobby.

Good old fashioned customer service!

We stayed for two nights in mid July/05... a couple minor glitches but both were quickly and politely corrected... wonderful room and better than average service from the entire staff - yes, the entire staff! Good old fashioned customer service is alive and well in Phoenix Arizona! There was one staff member who reeeally stood out ...her name is Emily. You can find her, if you're lucky, serving in the onsite restaurant, sharing her smiling enthusiasm with everyone around her. Emily presented us with a naturally fun dining experience without the stuffiness fine dining often encompasses! Should you stop in, please say hello for us, although she may look puzzled, you will no doubt feel quickly caught up in her fresh, youthful smile! In fact, were I still in the restaurant business I would have made every reasonable effort to recruit her! What a positively delightful young woman who obviously enjoys what she is doing - her eyes sparkled as she described the meals the chefs would prepare for us. I recommend the BBQ Salmon! We will most certainly be back again!

Great Place, Great Value

My husband and I stayed at the Millennium Resort 8-7-05 through 8-13-05.
We really enjoyed our stay here. We did the 100/100 and it really paid off for us. We actually weren't able to eat that much food in 6 days and were under the value. That was okay for us, we enjoyed all of the food and the staff at the Millennium, very friendly and accomadating to any of our needs.
We felt for the Scottsdale area this was a great deal. I didn't see any of the other hotels/resorts offering something like this. We really felt we ate for free on our stay. The only thing that caught us by surprise it they charged an extra $9.00 a day resort fee that was not published any place when I checked the pricing on this resort, I also called in our reservations and the total she gave me didn't include this resort fee. We were a little disappointed in that fee, especially due to the sailboat was not running due to one of the Moonsoon storms damaging it. And the only real ammenity we used was the pool. Anyway just beware of the resort fees and extra taxes when booking. Other then that the only complaint we would have is the bathrooms in the hotel rooms do need some updating and new lighting. I could hardly see while taking a shower. We would go back dispite some glitches, overall we enjoyed our stay. Hey it's a hotel not home, it won't be perfect!!

Info on the barInfo on the bar

Inside of gallery entryInside of gallery entry

menu of specialsmenu of specials

Jumpingson on a putting green, Scottsdale, AZJumpingson on a putting green, Scottsdale, AZ

Comments