10601 N 56th St, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85254, United States

Expedia.com Orbitz.com OrangeTreeGolf.com

• Orange tree Golf Course Review

Sad to say but very true -- expect a 5 to 5 1/2 hour round. Calling for a ranger to come out and help move play along brings a tsunami storm of rude treatment from the ranger and the pro shop. It is not a golfer/customer friendly experience. It's supposed to be fun??? We payed $69/per player for slow pay (quit after 9 holes -- at times there were 3 foursomes sitting at a tee waiting) and very poor treatment. Best advice - avoid this place. Too many great courses in the area with quality customer service to waste $$ and time here.
    Visited October 2013

More about Orange Tree Golf Resort

Top Quality Resort

by TripAdvisor Member slajmartin

I am only writing my review because I saw all the negative comments by people so I wanted to put my 2 cents in. I loved this place and so did my family.

My husband, 12yr old son and I stayed at Orange Tree Resort after attending a Diamondbacks baseball game. While searching for a reasonable priced room for the 3 of us, I found this resort for $70/night which was about the same cost as a basic Holiday Inn. It was fantastic and I plan to stay again. The room is not a typical layout for a hotel room. We have a Temperpedic bed at home so this was a huge draw for us. Bed was wonderful! My son slept on the hide-a-bed and he wasn't comfortable (although he knew what he was missing since we had the Temperpedic). The furniture was comfortable in the living room. Bathroom is amazing. Huge. Towel animals too. Our room was in the 6th building and the farthest from the parking lot. We arrived late at night and had no trouble finding the room after getting our map & listening to directions. Parking was a long distance and had I been carrying a lot of bags, it could have posed a problem but we just had duffel bags for our overnight stay so it was no big deal to walk. A pretty walk and there were groundskeepers tending to the property and everything was well-maintained. Pool was great with cascading waterfalls (doesn't go into the pool but very pretty) and the pool was heated. Our balcony view was of the golf area and grass. There is a pond or small lake out there which was really pretty. Very quiet. I slept peacefully. A/C was cold. Our room thermostat was at 62 when we arrived and we never touched it. My son complained that he was cold during the night. The next morning I had to turn up the thermostat as it was very cold in the room. Just my mistake for not turning it up when I arrived. I was comfy under the covers. My son enjoyed the whirlpool bath and my husband and I enjoyed our huge shower. I liked this resort better than a few of the resorts in Tucson that you pay an arm & a leg for so at the price of $70 I was really happy. Maybe all the negativity is by people that are used to resorts that charge $300/night. If I had to pay $300 for this place, perhaps I would be more negative. The only complaint I have of this place (and it is not enough to keep me away) is the very long walk from the parking lot and there should be at least a 20 inch television in the bedroom.

Should Not Be Classed as a Resort - Very Dated and

by TripAdvisor Member Midvaleut

I'm surprised to see any positive comments about The Orange Tree Resort. We were told it was a luxury resort, but to be frank, we've stayed at far superior budget motels. The only positive was the friendly concierge who provided great service when we checked in.

I've uploaded photos so you can see that the following points are exactly as described below - we are not exaggerating!

Facts:

1. Nowhere near enough parking. Our stay was during a quiet time, and numerous cars were parked in the fire lane because there was not enough parking.

2. Most units are at least a 5-15 minute walk from the car park. This is a major inconvenience. There is simply no way to park near the accommadation. Yes, they offer a ride in a golf cart, but figure on doing that every time you want to go in and out to your car and you'll realize that you'll spend a small fortune on tips, as well as having to wait a considerable amount of time for the service. We resented that inconvenience. Imagine going out shopping and lugging everything back with you when you return - not our idea of fun.

3. The unit we stayed in was sorely in need of refurbishment. Yes, it was a good size, but that's the only positive thing you could say about it.

4. Everything was dirty. The carpet, the furniture, the windows, and the clock radio were either dirty or stained.

5. Many items were broken - doors falling off their hinges, damaged microwave, lights out, badly chipped marble in sink, wallpaper peeling off. All over the unit were signs of severe aging.

4. The TV was not 25" as advertised, but a tiny 19". Trying to watch it from the sofa was a joke. Likewise, the TV in the bedroom was 13" and bolted to the wall with cables hanging down, looked messy and size of TV was also a joke. Better not to have one that insult us with a 13" TV.

5. A VCR was included. Who uses a VCR these days? We bought DVD's with us and had nothing to play them on.

6. There were no screen doors and consequently in the time it took us to enter the unit, so many mosquitoes entered that we were badly bitten through the night. You could see the mosquitoes all over the ceilings.

7. Outside our unit was a huge dumpster that we had to look at and squeeze past every time we went in or out. Apparently they are starting a refurbishment project, which means that even the management realizes how poor this 'resort' is.

We left early and ended up staying at another resort in the area for less money! We couldn't believe the difference. It was like going from a Super 8 to a Four Seasons. My point is, don't claim to be a luxury resort if you're not. The resort where we ended up staying was simply superb in every way.

The Orange Tree does not deserve the title of 'resort'. It's nothing of the sort right now. They urgently need to address these problems.

Great location for any vacation

by TripAdvisor Member Lindsay-and-Neil

Friendly check in and room very spacious and clean when we arrived.

Had a studio suite with amazing 'temper' mattress on the largest king size bed ever!!

Bathroom spacious too with large whirlpool bath, 2 vanity units, large walk in shower and dressing area. Heating & aircon, 2 TV's, DVD, kichenette (although units very basis and doors lop-sided and broken) with microwave, mini fridge & utensils.

Shame it didn't have FREE in-room wireless internet, although the golf shop had free business pc you could use, rather than paying the $9.95 per day.

Close to shopping malls, restaurants, easy access to interstate and main roads.

Not a golfer, so did not try the course, although seemed very busy. Pool area small and did not use due to time of year and cold 'snap' they were having. Concierge pleasant and helpful - when we eventually tracked her down!

Visited; Tombstone, Tucson, Saguara NP, Sabina Canyon SP, Tonto Natural Bridge SP - on various day trips.

Car essential

Rooms only cleaned once during II exchange stays, although you can pay if this service is required on a more regular basis. Linen exchange was available if more towels, etc were required also.

All in all we would stay there again as it was great value. Maybe next time we would try a 1 bed apartment with a golf course view.

Pass on the Orange Tree

by TripAdvisor Member CitizenG

A lot of negatives here. First night I was kept awake by some loud motor....no idea what is was for, but it needed repair. Got moved to a quieter room the next day. Internet service is ridiculous. Ten dollars a day, and it worked for about 5 hours before it went out. They said I would have to move to yet another room. Rooms need some updating. Staff at the front desk was rude, apparently had some attitude problems. Staff at the golf course was first rate....helpful, friendly, knowledgeable. Summary, good place to golf, bad place to stay.

Beautiful Resort. Loved everything about it. Wonderful people.

by TripAdvisor Member NebraskaGolfer

My husband Nick took me to this resort for golf school in May. It was a wonderful experience from beginning to end. I highly recommend this resort. It is absolutely beautiful.

Great Golf and Friendly Staff

by TripAdvisor Member yycCalgary

We just got back from Orange tree after a week long stay there, we golfed 5 of 7 days at the resort and found the golf spectacular, and while it is a traditional style resort course we found it challenging and scenic. The rooms are a bit dated but they are said to be starting major renovations on them this year and will be updating 40 per year over the next 5 years, the rest of the place has been totally redone and you can tell as it is very modern and stylish. The rooms are comforatble and clean with huge baths and great jacuzzi tubs ( we used ours every night) in room small fridge, microwave, toaster and coffee pot were helpful for light snacks. The food is fab and we ate most meals at the resort. The live house band thurs to sat (tribe7) was very good and many locals who seemed like regulars were there and were friendly and fun. Everyone dances as soon as the band starts and goes til they stop. The pool and poolsde bar are great and we spent much of our time after golf there. The staff are great friendly and helpful. Parking is a bit of a premium close to the units, but there is lots by the main building and walking a block a day is not as bad a some have made it out to be. The local area is high end with many nice places to visit.
We will definately go back and recomend it to all who love a golf resort with all the trimmings.

Good for golf, could be better for a resort

by TripAdvisor Member KevandKaren

Stayed one night at the Orange Tree since we're local. Wanted a relaxing, pampered evening with all the amenities. Well, we were in the farthest unit from the main desk. Easily a 1/2 mile walk. However, the staff was right there with golf carts and to be honest it really wasn't that big of an inconvenience as long as the staff is responsive.

The rooms are dated. The TV in the bedroom was suspended by a metal arm ala Hospital room. The furniture was so 1970 we actually were laughing. The bed is upgraded as others have said which was nice, and the whirlpool tub was great.

If you're here for golf, this is the place to drop your bags after 18-36 holes, head out to Scottsdale for some fun, and come back to sleep. Nothing more. Comfortable, friendly, clean....but not Resort quality.

Huge Rooms, Nice area, very quiet

Excellent experience. Very large rooms and super comfortable bed with
new temprapedic memory foam mattress. Huge whirlpool tub and walk in shower. Only downside is some rooms are a long walk from parking lot.

Reasonable but pathetic kitchen facilities

by TripAdvisor Member SPaPP

We booked this through Interval International. The room itself was fine, with a wonderful Tempur mattress on the bed - incredibly comfortable. However, the experience was let down by the inadequate kitchen area. Tiny fridge in a floor level cupboard, sink too small to wash up the dinner plates provided and only a microwave for cooking. When staying for a week it is good not to have to eat out every meal but other than breakfast (cereal/toast) this is not really practical at the Orange Tree. We were also not too happy to find a cockroach sharing the accomodation with us.

The pool area was fine. Internet access is via one rather ancient computer in the golf pro shop, with very slow access times. We felt that the Orange Tree could be so much better.

Reserved a double bed room

by TripAdvisor Member charlieup

Reserved a double bed room for 3 days when we arrived we were told "none available oh well" because of this we stayed only 1 day.

Comments