Resort Suites Scottsdale

Costs 42% less but rated 15% lower than other 4 star hotels

More about Resort Suites Scottsdale

Had a great stay!

by TripAdvisor Member molser

I found the Resort suites to be a very nice property. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. It is about 600 square feet. The room also has a nice size deck. Even though the room is a little dated, I found it to be comfortable and had everything that a suite should have. They have 3 smaller pool areas and one large one. So whatever your mood is you have a pool area to go to. The grounds have alot of landscaping and are well taken care of. It was very clean through out the property. A nice gym to work out in. The hotel is in the northern area of Scottsdale and is in a quite area. But you are only about 5 minutes from the more busy areas and resturants. The resturant at the hotel is also very nice. The front desk clerk who's name is Dallas was very professional and helpfull to us. I will definatly be staying at the Resort Suites when I return in the future.

a really enjoyable stay

We stayed four nights at the Resort Suites in a one bedroom King suite. We had a full kitchen. The resort and its staff were very nice. The resort was clean. Four pools, three hot tubs and plenty to do around the area. We drove two hours north to Sedona and it is an experience that should not be missed. Beautiful scenery and climbing if you like that. In Phoenix we climbed to the summit of Camelback Mountain and it was quite challenging but a great view once you got to the top. Overall a pleasant long weekend.

Can't wait to come back!

Wonderful resort and we can't wait to come back! It was just my husband and myself this time, but next time we'll bring our 2 young kids. The one bedroom suite was big - so much better than just a regular hotel room...and it had central air. Very clean and the staff was terrific! We had actually already checked in at the Millenium Hotel and were very disappointed, so we went to check out this property. We were given a great deal and were able to check out of the Millenium with no questions asked. I highly recommend The Resort Suites of Scottsdale and we've already told a lot of people about it.

Mixed Bag

I have stayed at the Resort Suites 4 times over the last several months. The rooms are very clean. The maintenance seems spotty. I have had several instances of minor issues (bulbs out, phone OOS, coffee pot issue, etc). They have all been resolved quickly. The weakness from my perspective is from a business traveler's needs. The rooms do not have desks or tables suitable for working. The wireless internet now comes with a package including free local and long disttance calls however the signal for the wi-fi is very weak and seems to fade in and out. I agree with others that the resturant is not worth visiting given the other choices in the area.

My take is that the property is good for a vacation but not the business traveler.

Great deal, large room, 4 "not-so-large" pools

by TripAdvisor Member whimsical_sd

I stayed at Resort Suites in Scottsdale during Labor Day of 2006. The property itself is a bit dated (like in the 80's) with popcorn ceiling and old kitchen appliances. The size of the suite is big though. We stayed in a 1 bedroom with King sized bed and the room is like a 1 bedroom apt, with a living room, dining area, kitchen with bar, and a bedroom with patio. We got the deal for $99 food and beverage credit per stay so it was a great deal. There is a mandatory charge of $9.95 for unlimited wireless internet and free domestic long distance. This is not so bad, and I am surpised the computer signal for internet is quite strong. The pools are quite small though. Only 1 main pool that is a better size. The location of the property is in the newer part of Scottsdale with a lot of new stuff being built (constructions). It's about 10 miles drive from the heart of Scottsdale (like, where the Scottsdale Fashion Square is). Overall it's a great deal, good size room. However, I may stay in the central part of Scottsdale next time.

Perfect spot for our adult family vacation

by TripAdvisor Member kkawecki

This was a perfect spot for our family vacation with our adult children. We had a lovely two bedroom suite which gave everyone plenty of room. Because of the full kitchen, we were able to do breakfast and lunch ourselves. The pools were clean and quiet - very relaxing! The location was so close to amazing restaurants and shopping but still secluded, quiet and restful. We were delayed getting into our room but the front desk graciously gave us restaurant vouchers to make up for the inconvenience. Guest services were wonderful.

Excellent Rooms and Pools Not So Sure About the Staff

by TripAdvisor Member Anonam

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. Myself and my party did not check in until early evening when we found that not enough rooms had been booked for our party size. The service we received was terrible - one girl said "I'm too busy for all of this". We actually work in the travel industry and were checking out different hotels - this was hardly making a good impression for us to sell this hotel to future customers!!! Also reception found it a huge chore to show us to our rooms even though it was pitch black and the complex is huge.

However on arrival to our rooms I was very impressed. The room has a dining area, kitchen, sitting room, huge bedroom with two double beds and a nice size bathroom. It would be perfect for a self catering holiday. They also do rooms which are big enough to sleep 8 so it is definately family friendly.

The pools are very nice in a very private and tranquil setting. There are also several jacuzzi's which you can stay in until mid night which was nice. We didnt try out the restaurants but I do believe there is one onsite.

On checking out the staff at the front desk tried to charge us for using the resort amenities so be careful about that also as I believe this is already included in your nightly rate. In the defence of the staff at the front desk they did take us out to a restaurant and come and collect us in the hotel courtesy bus for a small tip.

I would say this is a standard 3* property but with excellent room amenities especially for large groups.

Nice resort

by TripAdvisor Member ecutrip

We went here with children ages 15 and 17 for Spring Break. We stayed for 9 days in a King Suite and it was wonderful having a full kitchen. The staff was extremely friendly and the four resort pools were very nice. The gounds were extremely manicured and clean. We are familliar with the area, however I would suggest this part of Scottsdale to anyone. Very convenient location for shopping, golfing, hiking and restaraunts. Food is a bit expensive at the restaraunt, however very good.

A great family weekend getaway

This hotel is a great place for a family getaway. There are 4 pools and if you "shop" you can get an upgrade on a room with a $50 F&B credit at no cost. We originally got the 1 bedroom, but my daughter did not sleep well on the sofabed the first night due to noisy neighbors so they generously upgraded us to a 2 bedroom unit next to the Fiesta Pool. What a unit!! There were 4 king size beds, 2 bathrooms a full kitchen with a large refrigerator and washer and dryer and a dining room.

They have a full size movie screen at the Fiesta pool and every night show a movie - you can either relax by swimming or just sit by the pool while watching. They opened the bar for drinks and light snacks during the movie as well.

The food at the restaurant was a little pricey but was excellent. With the $50 credit, you couldn't beat it!

The staff was more than friendly and helpful. Customer service was excellent - if it isn't perfect when you get there, they will be sure to fix it quickly and make it up to you! No bad attitudes - everyone was very pleasant which is refreshing!

great for families

by TripAdvisor Member SedonaBarbi

Stayed in a king suite with my two children (7 and 8). Rooms were clean and large with separate bedroom with tv, living area (with pull out queen sofa and tv) and FULL kitchen. My kids are happy with cereal and pop tarts in the morning so the full kitchen is a bonus for me. It also saved money on drinks and snacks. There is full room service as well which we used many times; as well as, a restaurant/bar and pool side service. Pool side service required calling your order in at the pool but it didn't bother us. The food was pretty good in each case and consistently "on time". They even make a point of reminding you the tip is included......not many places do that! The pools are mostly quiet except for the "Fiesta" pool which seemed to have the most action. All the pools and grounds were kept nice. We left the hotel each day to entertain the kids at different venues. I am not sure that four days at the same pool/resort would have held their attention. It is located in north Scottsdale near many fabulous restaurants/bars and shopping. Super easy to jump onto the 101 for other interests. I would come back to this hotel simply because of the spaciousness and amenities of the rooms. However, location and service are great as well. If you go to Sedona-1.5 hours away- visit MEXIDONA 1670 W. Hwy 89A. It is a really cool Mexican imports store with everything you can think of for your home and garden. You won't be disappointed!

boulders and brush to manueverboulders and brush to manuever

Inside the cooking-bar/eating areaInside the cooking-bar/eating area

Bartender cut this man offBartender cut this man off

McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, Scottsdale, AZMcCormick-Stillman Railroad Park, Scottsdale, AZ

Comments