7200 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85253, United States

Orbitz.com Priceline.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

• moviegal226's Profile Photo

Looks Like a Renovated Best Western

Oh dear, where to begin? This place is something else! The rooms reminded me of a renovated Best Western or Motel 6. You know, the rooms with those air conditioners underneath the windows and the sink outside as you walk in the room? Yeah, it's that bad.

Our room was really musty smelling (I see that previous reviewers had that problem) and just felt like a roadside motel. I don't mind roadside motels, but not when I am paying for a "resort" at over $150 per night! To add insult to injury, the hotel adds on a $15 per day "resort fee." RIDICULOUS!

It is INEXCUSABLE that this hotel calls itself a "resort." I would not recommend booking this hotel.

Unique Quality: The large pool is open 24 hours.

• newsphotogirl's Profile Photo

Scottsdale Plaza Resort

We came here for a last minute weekend getaway. This is a resort hotel in Scottsdale which is about 30 minutes from downtown Phoenix. The hotel is close to Camelback Mountain. There were a lot of restaurants to choose from near the hotel.

The hotel grounds are very nice. There were fountains throughout and different types of trees and cactus. We could hear birds chirping from our balcony. And while we were laying out by the pool we saw a rabbit or two hop by.

There are three different pools. I went to the main pool the first day. It was very big and the hot tub could easily seat about 20-30. The downside (for us) is that the hot tub was so popular with little kids that it was basically a "kiddie pool". Kids would jump in or scream and splash each other. Not relaxing. And although it was warmer than the pool it wasn't really hot. So the next day we went to a smaller pool area in a different part of the complex. Much better. Quiet, peaceful and the hot tub was actually hot. We never tried the third pool area.

The rooms are nice and up to date. The downside of the hotel is that the walls are thin. We heard the people in the next room having sex.....twice. Not fun. Fortunately they left the next day. So bring earplugs if noise is an issue.

We had one minor problem and that was on our last day. We came back to our room at 4:30 and the maid had not come by. When we called housekeeping they said they would get to it but refused to give a time estimate. I had to ask for clean towels so I could take a quick shower. At 5:30 they still had not come so I talked to the front desk before I left for dinner. They apologized and waived the resort fee for that day and assured us that it would be ready when we came back from dinner and it was. The manager was great about letting us know that our satisfaction was important.

Despite that I would definately recommend this hotel. I wanted a relaxing weekend getaway and that's what I got.

More about Scottsdale Plaza Resort

A perfect family get-away

We arrived at Scottsdale Plaza Resort late Monday evening and drove up to a beautiful entrance. We walked though the lobby only to be quickly greeted at the front desk. After reading the other reviews I was rather concerned and ask if the rooms that I had booked were renovated. Myself, two sisters, sister-in-law and mother walked into our suites (bi-level #6002 and patio #6001) to find three tiled bathrooms, two patios and a balcony overlooking the beautiful landscaping, four very comfortable beds, a fireplace, two granite counter top wet bars, a pull out sofa...which, believe it or not wasn't bad. $199.00 a night for 2 suites wasn't bad either, especially since I booked it by calling the hotel direct. We made two service requests and the response time was immediate. I'm in the customer service field myself and when I do travel I do have high demands. I was rather concerned when I read a few of the negative reviews that are posted. All I can say is, Scottsdale Plaza Resort exceeded all of my expectations..the rooms, staff, food, grounds..It made our family trip with my 76 year old mother one that will always be remembered.

A Great Place in the Valley of the Sun

by TripAdvisor Member FreeburnC

My husband, 14 year-old daughter and I stayed at the Scottsdale Plaza resort from March 18-22, 2005. We made our reservation via Hotwire for $89/night and paid $30 to upgrade to a one-bedroom villa. There was also a $10/night "resort fee".

We were glad we upgraded to the Villa. It was spacious, modern, and very clean. A living room w/sectional sofa, wet bar (no fridge..just a "mini-bar") and TV, and then a nice bedroom w/2 doubles and another TV. Vanity/sink outside bathroom.

The grounds were beautiful and well maintained. There were several nice pools, tennis courts and a putting green. There was also a small salon/spa.

The location was quiet and peaceful. Our only complaint was that the service in the Garden Court restaurant was very slow for breakfast on our second visit and the waitress gave us the wrong bill (twice!!) However, we probably just got a "newbie".

We felt our experience was a 4-Star and would definitely stay at SPR again, if we could get this rate....however, please note we are only commenting on the Villas...we didn't see a regular room.

The location was great for sightseeing, shopping etc. And, the nearby restaurant "Bloom" at Gainey Village was fabulous !!

Pleasant and clean

My husband and I stayed in a studio suite that had not been remodeled. We had a nice king size bed, and separate bathroom. The room was good sized for being a studio and I think it looked very nice for the money we paid. The linens were changed everyday and our room cleaned, so that made me really happy. We have stayed in other hotels that cost twice as much money, that weren't as nice as the Scottsdale Plaza. We were quite pleased with our accomodations.

We were very pleased

My husband and I stayed from Nov. 11 to Nov. 14 and we were very pleased with the accommodation.
We had asked for the Bi-Level Suite which had been renovated. I would strongly advise to go with the upgrade. We are glad that we went with the upgrade as we had two full bathrooms. We enjoyed the upper balcony off the bedroom. The resort had everything that you could need. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The resort was very central located which was great. I would stay here again and I would recommend this resort to others. We had a good time.

Not bad for a Priceline auction.

by TripAdvisor Member loveSoCal

I got this resort throught priceline. After I obtained the room for the below listed price, I called and asked for an upgrade, and I was charged a nominal fee for it. In the end, we had use of a 1 bedroom condo with an optional bed downstairs. The condo was spacious and clean. I would have liked a king-sized bed in the master bedroom, but the two double beds weren't a big deal. I also wish that the rooms had kitchenettes (there is only a fridge for the "stocked snack items."). The resort is pretty big, I think I heard that it was 40+ acres, with 5 pools and spas. Some things to be careful of: the resort charges a mandatory $10 daily resort fee, the onsite cafes/restaurants are a bit pricey, and there is smoking in most areas of the resort, except for the rooms. We live in California, and when we travel, we are often reminded that CA is one of the few states where the public cannot smoke indoors in most venues! No offense intended to smokers.

Oh well

by TripAdvisor Member nanowest2

This Plaza resort is a nice, older resort in scottsdale. The roooms are clean but many of them are facing a parking lot. We got a good price for the hotel on priceline. However, at checkout we got a $10.00 per nite , per room resort fee. This always is madening especially when all of the resort runctions, pool and spa are closed. If you have a choice, spend your resort fee somewhere else.

4-Star Rating's a Stretch

Four of us stayed in two rooms for three nites (with 5 for two nites). We liked the nice entrance and lobby area, restaurant, housekeeping, concierge service, well-kept grounds, comfortable beds. We found the aging carpet and furnishings, peeling wallpaper and non-professional room maintenance (ill fitting door handle, loose plumbing fixtures, amateur caulking and paint application) a minor annoyance. That the rooms were assigned on opposite sides of the complex (with reservations made two mos in advance), that the hotel charged an 'amenities' fee adding 60+ bucks to the bill, that other items were inappropriately charged (resulting in a 'son of a gun' response and a request for two separate credits) were considered to be unacceptable practices and dampened what could have otherwise been a pleasurable experience. Customer satisfaction didn't seem to be a big concern to either mgmt or front desk staff.

Grounds nice, rooms can be shabby

by TripAdvisor Member angelecat

We were booked here at $175/night for a 3 day convention. The room we were given smelled musty, and had very dated furnishings. Other than the new countertop in the bar area, this room could have been in a 1970's era Holliday Inn. Also, unlike most upscale hotels, the Plaza has not bothered to update their beds or linens. The bed was not very comfortable, and had a bedspread with questionable stains on the inside. The pillows were not the best, and the extra pillow in the closet still had somebody's smeared makeup on it. Even with all the lights on and the curtains open the room was dark and dreary. There is no way I would have stayed in this room for 3 days, even if it had been discounted heavily. After my husband complained to the manager we were upgraded to a 1 bedroom villa, which was nicely furnished, bright and spacious. The bed and pillows, however, were still not great. There is no refrigerator other than the already stocked bar refrigerator.
The grounds were pretty, but nothing special. There are a number of pools, but again nothing special. If you go, insist on a villa.

Comments