17700 N. Hayden Road, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85255, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 34% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• ScottsdalĂ©s hidded gem for visitng families...

I would recommend Sheraton Desert Oasis as a wonderful place to stay if you're bringing your little ones along.

Unique Quality: They have suites that are spacious along with a full blown kitchen. The room we stayed in had a jacuzzi next to the bed. The pool slide is a wonderful getaway for Kids.

Directions: Hayden and 101

• Family Thanksgiving in Scottsdale

Nice place to stay in scottsdale. Stayed in a deluxe 1 bedroom villa with my wife and 2 kids over the thanksgiving holidays. My brother, his wife and 2 kids stayed in the next unit. The villas were nicely furnished and maintained well. We were staying through our time share exchange through interval international. Never got pestered from the front desk about touring the resort; though I heard that some of the other guests were somewhat annoyed with the tour "pressure. my oldest son; he's 7 enjoyed the pool, hot tub and waterfall. Definately was some kids on vacation with their parents, but only hear them at the pool, the rest of the resort was always quiet. Definately would stay there again in our travels to arizona!

Unique Quality: The pool was definately the high point for the kids, I couldnt get my oldest to get out of the water and rest; and when he did he was wrinkled like a prune. Facilities were clean, modern with a nice sized kitchen and stove we used for breakfasts and lunches. Playgrounds for the kids was appreciated and used so the kids could burn off some steam after driving to and from the local area visiting the sights. Even used the barbeque one night to cook hot dogs and hambugers for the kids. Great place to stay with friends and family!

More about Sheraton Desert Oasis

Loved the Sheraton's Desert Oasis

The resort was just wonderful. The attendant's could not do enough for you. Our room was very clean and we loved the gas fireplaces in the bedroom and in the living room. Disappointed in the weather - had hoped that it would be warmer but we were still able to enjoy the beautiful pool and hot tub area which was very relaxing. The poolside breakfasts were great! Would return next year without a doubt..

Sheraton Desert Oasis in Scottsdale, AZ

The Sheraton Desert Oasis has lovely rooms, beautifully decorated and very clean when we arrived. The only problem while visiting was that the pool area which we love to relax at was very crowded. No chairs available and standing room only in the pool. Not very enjoyable.

Sheraton's Desert Oasis ......

by BizzareLove

Sheraton's Desert Oasis ... wonderful resort!
it's about $239 US per night in the off season ... about $350 per night in the high season poolside massasges, Jacuzzi hot tubs in the bathroom, heated swimming pool, gift store, poolside grille, great decorations in the rooms, fiestaware, dual head showers, balcony, garden and fountain lined courtyards

Cozy, Comfortable, Over Too Soon

My husband and I spent a wonderful week at the Sheraton Desert Oasis. The room was just as described, small, but more like cozy. Comfortable enough for 2 people. All the comforts of being home. I love the bed, and the huge two shower head jacuzzi. The location was ideal, near the freeway, giving easy excess to malls, restaurants, and other sights. We were really looking to our vacation, being our secound time to Scottsdale, and we were not disappointed.

Absolutely wonderful!

We spent 4 days at the Sheraton Desert Oasis and were extremely pleased. The one-bedroom suite was large and very comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we could possibly need.

The bathroom had a really large triangular tub with a Jacuzzi. Towels were changed every day and the rooms were completely cleaned. This is primarily a time-share property run by Sheraton, and the time-share owners apparently have to pay extra for having rooms cleaned and towels changed. People paying a daily rate don't.

The front desk people were great. We had one question which one of them didn't have an immediate answer to, and he hunted us up at the swimming pool as soon as he found the answer.

For those who are members of the Starwoods Preferred club, they do not give points for a stay.

We'd definitely stay again.

Wonderful Resort!

We were lucky enough to get to spend an entire week at the SDO. Cheerful staff was very helpful & always responded to requests immediately. Pool complex with large waterfall was beautiful & never seemed crowded, because of its layout. Very clean resort, inside and out. Fun activities every day, no need to leave the grounds (except for groceries). We had a nice 1-bedroom with partial kitchen, plenty of room for 4 adults. Only reason for not rating "excellent" was lack of a real restaurant. There was a small poolside grill, however, and their food was very good (burgers, fries, onion rings, chicken wings, hot dogs, smoothies, etc. as well as drinks and cocktails). Would definitely recommend this resort!

Icing on the cake of our 1st AZ trip

I was impressed from the minute we arrived... Interesting lobby with huge fish tanks and water walls that my 3yr old adored. We got there early so we had to wait for a room, but not too long. The staff was very courteous, but I could have done without the daily room calls reminding us to pick up our "free" gift - which I suspect involved a timeshare sales pitch. I've learned too avoid those from my previous travels, so that wasn't too bad.

The whole family loved the pool and waterfalls; my 3yr old also had fun with the children's water sprinklers; the outdoor dining was ok, but a bit on the pricey side. You are better served to drive about a mile or two and buy groceries to fill up the fridge, and cook/prepare meals yourself. Speaking of which, the kitchen was awesome...all appliances and great decor...Southwestern style, but not overdone...very tasteful.

Other goodies - outdoor covered playground for the kids, balcony, fireplace and full entertainment center in the rooms....we rented this room from a time-share owner, and I have to say, for the $700 we negotiated for the week, it was a steal! I'd pay double that, especially since we had a 2 bedroom suite, each with it's own kitchen, bathrooms and all appliances!!! Our friends (a couple with no kids) took the other bedroom/apt, which is separated by a door for privacy if desired.

We plan to go back again, and I highly recommend to all families, and singles/couples if you don't mind the families being around.

We liked it very much!

by TripAdvisor Member kem44

I'm having a hard time believing some of the negative reviews you've got posted here. Can't believe we're talking about the same place! Could it have changed so much after the 5 days we spent there in March '04 for Giants Spring Training? We were very comfotable and thought it was a very nice place. Decor was attractive, clean and fully equipped. The only quibble I had was that there wasn't enough drawer space for 2 people to put away clothing, etc. for a week-long visit but that really wasn't a big deal. We're planning to stay again in early March '05. I'll post again then...

Comments