6920 East Shea Blvd., Scottsdale, Arizona, 85254, United States
Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

More about Scottsdale

Reached the top soonReached the top soon

Main St shopsMain St shops

Scottsdale Car Service Sedan TransportationScottsdale Car Service Sedan Transportation

The Heard Museum North Scottsdale, AZThe Heard Museum North Scottsdale, AZ

Restaurant Attire

by nyc10025

My wife and I will be in Scottsdale from March 20 to 27. Are there any restaurants that require jacket and tie or can I not have to pack them?

Re: Restaurant Attire

by Zoogirl722

There are plenty of "nice" resturaunts that don't require a tie and jacket. We're pretty laid back here and since it's hot most of the year, attire in nice resturaunts is usually just business casual. You should be fine with a nice button up and slacks.

Re: Re: Restaurant Attire

by nyc10025

Christine,

Thanks for the info. We'll be out your way on Saturday for a week. Seems pretty warm :-)

Ken

Travel Tips for Scottsdale

Packing List

by L._A.

May thru September. LIGHTWEIGHT CLOTHING! daytime temperatures in the 100F and up range.
Mid October thru March-April - sweathers, lightweight coats and jackets....often daytime temperatures hot enough to go with just lightweight shirts, pants, dresses...evening temperatures will require coat or jacket DEFINITELY BRING A CAMERA! Beautiful mountains and desert scenery

The Cheers of Scottsdale

by MidwstMike about Mabel Murphy's

One of the regulars I met compared Mabel Murphy's to Cheers. Officially called a night club, Murphy's is a welcome oasis from the Arizona sun. The people are friendly and the food is excellent.

Also, for those who care (not me—go Chiefs!) the bar owners are Packers fans. You can even buy Packers items. Whenever I stopped in for lunch, I chose the turkey club sandwich. They also have evening specials, including all-you-can-eat chicken on Tuesday and free steak (with two drink purchases) on Wednesday. The chicken and fixings were as good as mom's home cooking.

Great Dining Experience

by ArizonaExpert about Bloom

I tried three times to get into Bloom before I realized I better make reservations...and you should too! The atmosphere is wonderful. Great colors, flowers and lighting. The service was excellent. Staff was friendly and attentive, engaging and suggestive when asked. They actually had an opinion on the menu!

We ordered an appetizer (Brie) and split a salad that they delivered on two plates without us asking. It was excellent!

We ordered two different fishes for dinner and both were fantastic with nice portions. The vegetables were perfect and the bread fresh. My wife and I are great dessert fans, and we were not disappointed. We ordered the chocolate fingers, an outrageous dessert we managed to finish, despite a full stomach. The couple next to us saw our dessert and ended up ordering the same thing.

Hiking

by magdalena2007

There are plenty of mountains to choose from in Scottsdale. When I arrived at the Phoenix Mountains Park and Recreation Area, I decided to do the Summit Trail which is the steepest and hardest. There were a lot of people doing this trail as their daily work out, even firefighters were hiking it. Some people were even running it (now that scared me a bit). While I was following a trail I took a wrong turn and this was my only near-death experience. I didn’t realize until I was half way up and my water fell down the steep rock and I turned around to see nothing but a hole. It was the first time I had an anxiety attack during a hike (even tears came down lol). Now I just want to hike even more, and a non man made trail. As scary this was, I love the high it gave me. It was definitely the best hike I have done because of the strength it required. Even though I saw people hiking it with a breaze :)

Fountain Hills Fountain

by AVG2319

Located centrally in Fountain Hills, AZ . This Fountain is listed in Guinness World Records as the tallest fountain in the world. It is located in the middle of a lake and shoots up every 15-30 minutes. Very pretty setting, large grassy park is great for a picnic. Water in the desert always attract a crowd.

Besides the fountain, Fountain Hills offers many scenic drives. It is a very pretty area.

I believe that Gateway Geyser shoots water higher than the fountain in Fountain Hills now, but it is still very pretty in Fountain Hills

Comments