Sunterra Scottsdale Villa Mirage

7887 East Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85255, United States

Scottsdale Villa Mirage
Orbitz.com Priceline.com Travelocity

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo

One BR Suite for $56 only! Saturday night...

So, the twins and my wife are now all asleep (May 16, 2009)and it's almost 11PM but I am still awake in this resort here in Scottsdale. It is Saturday night and we are just staying tonight -- our home is only 30 minutes away from here.

But this is what you call a STAYacation -- when you just find resorts near your home and we have a lot here in Scottsdale.

I booked my room through Expedia and it is a good-size one BR studio with patio, kitchen amenities like ref, microwave, utensils for only $56 (plus tax equals just $66) - can't beat that so I booke it. This place is actually a golf resort timeshare and it just happened to be 50% off when I was looking through Expedia.

My goal was the pool and previous reviews said it was small but actually it was just the right size for us. Not small at all and it has a big hot jaccussi are, and another adequate-size one feet pool for babies beside dancing fountains. The pool activity was busy and there was hotdog grill/chips/drink available for only $7 each and then a movie started at about 745PM on a big screen outdoor movie projector (this huge plastic TV) - the twins watched the Disney movie BOLT while wading on the pool for the longest time --- I felt like a prune afterward being in the water for so long.

Our room was clean and others say it is outdated but I thought it was just okay - condo-style. I could not get on through their wireless internet though so I just used my wireless broadband.

At the reception, they have free cookies, popcorn, toysfor the kids because this is a timeshare place and of course they entice you with a $100 offer on top of 3 night hotel stay just to attend a lecture --- but I am not a fan of timeshares and I just plainly said NO and there was no more question for me.

This is a nice escape for us and we love Scottsdale so tomorrow we plan to go around, with my wife shopping for more (I already got new Boardwalk swimtrunks from Old Navy for only $12, hehehe)

Comments