6000 East Camelback Road, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85251, United States

LuxuryCollection Hotels.com Booking.com

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• gaolei's Profile Photo

Excellence!

I attended a sales meeting at the Phoenician in October 2007. It was the first time I have ever stayed at a hotel of this quality. This stay redefined the meaning of five star in my mind. I highly recommend it to those who can afford the $500 per night.

Unique Quality: Nine pools, a half dozen restaurants, a golf course, a stunning location, the Koi pool, everything is superb at this resort.

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

true luxury

One of the best resorts in the United States!! 5-star everything. It was the most expensive hotel stay of my life (and I got a cheaper post 9/11 rate) but worth it.

Unique Quality: rooms all have private balconies with a view of adjacent Camelback Mountain, thick carpets, italian marble bathrooms- the works. The resort, voted best golf resort and best spa, has 2 world famous golf courses, 11 tennis courts, 2 pools, the spa, fitness center and 11 different restaurants.

Directions: Sky Harbor Blvd to 44th Street to Camelback, make left and look for the signs

More about The Phoenician

Phoenician Resort

by goingsolo about Phoenician Resort

I've stayed at the Phoenician twice, and it is quite possibly my favorite hotel. This place does not disappoint. The grounds appear endless and are perfectly landscaped, the lobby is striking and, while the staff is very friendly, especially for an fancy hotel.

There are 5 or 6 restaurants, 2 of the best golf courses in the area and a spas, which is ranked as one of the best and, again in my opinion, is the best one I've seen.

For more information, feel free to visit my Phoenix page.

by Maida1 about The Phoenician

Last time I checked, a room was about $500.00 Although it is very pricey, The Phoenician more than makes up for it in it's amazing location, great views, gorgeous rooms, and 8 wonderful swimming pools.

A Fine Resort

by TripAdvisor Member Clefsdorsf

I enjoyed a long weekend at the Phoenician Resort and was most impressed with the lovely surroundings and fine service. I was situated in the Canyon Building-- a hotel within the hotel with its own spererate lobby and concierge staff. The pool was quiet and relaxing, with classical music playing in the background. Unlike the rest of the resort which can feel crowded and noisy, this wing was a most welcomed escape of tranquility. Service at the resort was superb with good name recognition and the valet would have my car brought to the drive faster than I could get from my room to the lobby. Be prepared to pay extra for everything--from the gym to parking--but the experience was excellent and I would gladly return.

Very Nice But...

by TripAdvisor Member Bjaygee

Spent four days at the Phoenician with our 19 and 16 year olds...it's nice enough, if showing a little of its age...the staff was cordial and competent, and probably the highlight of the resort...the spa was decent but not overwhelming and the food was so so...my wife and I had been to the Mandarin Oriental in Miami the month before, and by that yardstick the Phoenician was good but not great...it's more like a very exclusive country club than a Ritz or Mandarin, both of which I have to admit I prefer...although having a mountain right behind the resort makes for a stunning visual...

If you have to be in Scottsdale, the Phoenician is probably the best there is. But given a choice, I'd rather go to the Mandarin in Miami any day...

Absolutely fabulous!!

by TripAdvisor Member lyntom

Stayed at the Phoenician on June 24 and 25. An absolutely fabulous experience. Great room with a large balcony and a huge bathroom with sunken tub and a separate, glassed in shower. The beauty of the grounds and buildings and the level of service is amazing. Rented a cabana for the day and it was well worth the expense as the service they provide to you is unmatched. Ate dinner in the Terrace Dining Room, which is very expensive but worth the splurge. I would live there!!!

Awesome hotel

by TripAdvisor Member everson420

We spent 1 night at The Phoenician, and wished we stayed more. The hotel is beautiful, everything from the marbel fountains to the cactus gardens. The suite we had was marvelous, and had three full bathrooms. The pools were lovely, except for the three drunk guys who spent the afternoon drinking in the children's pool. The pool had an excellent waterslide, and all of the attendants were friendly and helpful. The staff was by far the best I've seen. From the moment of arrival you are treated like royalty. We would never consider staying anywhere else in the Phoenix-Scottsdale area.

Just O.K.

by TripAdvisor Member CaryandTeresa

Well, after wanting to stay here for the last couple of years, my wife and I were dissapointed in The Phoenician.
Upgraded to a "Deluxe" room and it overlooked the back of the resort and at a giant dirt hill. A golf package in the off season made it worth it but if I had paid the $400-600 a night + 10 % tax, valet, tips etc. I would have been VERY dissapointed.
The room was just average, and the building style is dated( white washed oak, brass etc.)
I will say the service for the most part is very good, Mary Elaine's in particular, but for $325 for two it better be.
The golf course is nice and everyone is friendly there, but my wife was not thrilled with the spa and felt it was so-so.
If you can get a package that seems reasonable great, otherwise there are other places that are better spent.

goingsolo's new Scottsdale Page

by goingsolo

Scottsdale is directly northeast of Phoenix. This area is most known for the Phoenician resort (see Accommodations), Camelback Mountain and Taliesin West, the home and design center of Frank Lloyd Wright. Scottsdale also has several golf courses, including the ones at the Phoenician, which are world famous.

Phoenician ResortPhoenician Resort

golf course at the Phoeniciangolf course at the Phoenician

Christmas events

by autumntiger

I will be in Phoenix/Scottsdale/Mesa area with my parents, who are in their mid-80's this Christmas. Can anyone suggest things that are a must-see or things that are focused on the holidays? We are coming from the east coast and this is the first trip to that area. Thank you.

RE: Christmas events

by gereegon

You man wish to check www.azcentral.com for information about events in December. As for places to stay, the Embassy Suites is always a good choice as they have 2 room suites, each room with its own TV, breakfast is included and there is a complimentary cocktail reception in the evenings from 5-7 p.m. If you really want to bump it up a notch, The Phoenician or the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa are both beautiful properties. I'm sure that at Christmas they are decorated exquisitely and would be worth visiting if only for tea or a glass of wine. Definitely pack jackets or coats for the evening as it gets quite brisk although not like back East!

RE: Christmas events

by bilgeez

If you have or rent a car, go up to Sedona, they do the whole town for xmas and have a Christmas Village that is amazing! Go in the evening for best effect! Go up a little early and watch the sun set in Sedona! That is a show and it's free! Yes, they do the Resorts up for Christmas, the Phoenician is VERY well decorated and go into Phoenix to the AZ Biltmore, (24th St and Camelback) they usually do that up very well also. And yes, have tea or brunch at one of those two. During the holidays I believe you need to make reservations. Both have websites, I believe, you could reserve those through.
If you are there during Christmas week, they have the Fiesta Bowl Parade that week that is somewhat holiday themed.

Comments