The Shores Villas at Millennium Resort

Satisfaction Average

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about The Shores Villas at Millennium Resort

Relaxing and Enjoyable

We are a family of six and we stayed in the Villas. The villa was very clean and decorated well. We had a wonderful time at the pool and in the area. We climbed Camelback Mtn. and did the tourist routine. We ate in the Resort resaurant Pinion and it was excellent. The staff was very accomodating. I'd read previous reviews about the staff being slooow, but I think that is "perspective". We had excellent service the entire time. I would recommend this property to my friends.

Better Than Home!

by TripAdvisor Member tucker52

My mother, her husband, myself and my two children (ages 17 and 14) just got back yesterday from the Millenium. Trip Advisor is such a valuable website to me when planning my vacations, so I really wanted to share our experience at this hotel. We all stayed in Villa 26 which was a two story, three bedroom villa and it was absolutely perfect! It felt like we were at home but so much better since we had excellent maid service and were able to use the wonderful amenites of the resort. The pool was crowded just one day but we were always able to find a chair. The pool was wonderful, warm and had a wonderful view of the lake and the mountains. We used a kayak which was a beautiful ride and was good exercise for my son. We didn't eat at the restaurant but spoke to the servers who were all very nice and accomodating. The $8 frozen drinks at the pool were delicious and worth the splurge. The girl at the front desk when we checked in was EXTREMELY helpful, kind and knowledgeable. Our villa needed just a little updating but was so homey and comfortable, furnished tastefully and had wonderful outdoor spaces which we used well into the night, drinking wine and socializing. There was absolutely everything you need in the villa: pots, pans, silverware, serving dishes, wine glasses, countless utensils, two toasters and various other appliances and even a grill with charcoal and lighter fluid. Someone from the front desk delivered condiments to complete what we needed for our home cooked meals. This hotel was perfect because it allowed all of us to stay in the same room - exactly what we were looking for. I had stayed at the Pointe Hilton Taptio Cliffs last year, which was beautiful but this was better. We are going back and hopefully to stay in one of their lakeside villas that have patios practically right on the lake. What a beautiful setting with great access to many close hikes just 15 minutes away- Camelback, Squaw Peak and Northern Mountain Perserve. God's beauty in these hikes was breathtaking!

Lovely Place, Wonderful Staff

We arrived on Memorial Day weekend with a 5 month old and from the moment we walked in, we were treated like GOLD! I asked to be placed in a room that was a little further away from other guests since the baby had just been on a 10 hour car ride and we didn't want to disturb their other guests. The gentleman at the counter told me he had a villa available and we would be staying there (no extra charge). We had a lovely condo, 2 stories, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2 fireplaces, a full kitchen, and a washer and dryer. The view was incredible. The rug in the 2 story villa was a little dated and stained, however there was more room than we could have asked for. When we went out to the pool, the staff there always greeted us with smiles and "hellos." I read the last review and I really don't think we stayed at the same place as the last traveler. We went to the resturant one night at sunset and it was amazing. The food was terrific and almost worth the price tag (southwest pasta was GREAT!). Our waiter was incredible and very very friendly. We kinda rushed dinner (the baby started to fuss) and he happily wrapped it up for us to enjoy back at home.
We were able to go down each morning and feed the ducks on the lake and any resort staff that we met greeted us with smiles and "good mornings". I didn't want to come home!
The location is nice, it's close to shopping and food, and grocery stores. Once you turn into the resort and spend time by the lake or pool, you dont realize just how close to things you really are. You feel almost like you are in your own little world.
Even if we didn't get upgraded, we truly feel that it would have been worth every penny. (hotels gave us a great rate however!) By the way, I saw the price online and actually called the resort to price check and the young lady on the phone was pleasant and told me that hotels could offer us a better rate than they could, and she didn't sound offended at all when i called to check! The concierge (i think i spelled that right) was marvelous as well. I called her about 10 times asking for directions and the location of things.
All in all, it was a great trip and we would definately go back!

Great place...mediocre at best service

The Hotel and location was wonderful, great rooms and tons of activities. We stayed on the 100/100 food and beverage credit plan. Great value but the service was either okay or horrible, depending on the server. Our last lunch we had to get our own drink refills while the manager sat there goofing off. All in all good, just needs help in service. Travel with patience and you will enjoy, if not you will hate it!

Scottsdale: The desert

by jeffjun

Scottsdale, named after Major Winfield Scott, has preserved its Western roots while becoming one of the fastest growing cities in Arizona. Visitors come from around the world for a glimpse of Western memorabilia combined with elegant dining, hotels and shopping. The city is divided into three parts (Old Town Scottsdale, McCormick Ranch, and North Scottsdale) and is well known for natural landscapes, world class golf clubs, art galleries, multi million dollar homes, and great restaurants.

"The Green Belt" near McCormick Ranch Golf Club"The Green Belt" near McCormick Ranch Golf Club

Comments