4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

WHotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• HELEN's Profile Photo

convenient transportation

The W actually offers a car service to take you anywhere in the 10 mile radius of the hotel. They were kind enough to take us to Safeway, wait for us to do our shopping and then bring us back to the hotel. Very convenient, just FYI!

• HELEN's Profile Photo

Where you want to be

Located in the heard of old town, the W is where you want to stay when visiting Scottsdale. The staff is very friendly and rooms are modern and chic. The pool is super fun during the day, great music and atmosphere. At night it turns into a night club where locals and outoftowners want to be.

Unique Quality: The offer a service car that can take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius, which can come in handy if you would like to run to a grocery story for example.

More about W Scottsdale

Another great stay at the W Scottsdale

by TripAdvisor Member fhijazi

This was our second stay the the W. And again was fantastic. Very quiet and relaxing as it was the middle of the week and not a busy club night. Service was personal warm and welcoming. The room was perfect. Clean, quiet, great beds. Walked to the mall and out to dinner but was also asked several times if we needed a complimentry ride.

Great location and pleasant staff

by TripAdvisor Member citytraveler09

I recently stayed at the new W Scottsdale with my girlfriend and had an amazing time. The staff who checked us in were so incredibly friendly and when we ordered room service and some additional bliss products the staff was so attentive and quick to respond. We had a blast and the room was really comfy. I love that the rooms allow you to have fresh air too with the sliding doors, I always feel so claustrophobic. My friend and I were in town just for the weekend and the hotel was so close to everything.

Shattered Expectations

by TripAdvisor Member 55Vette

I haved stayed at other starwood properties ie. Phoenician, W Seattle, W Chicago, and various Mariotts. This is absolutely the worst representation of starwood properties that I have had the displeasure of visiting. The hotel itself as well as my room were very nice. I found the hotel staff to be pleasant and helpful and have no complaints regarding my accomondations. Dinner at Sushi Roku was fabulous.

The bar and service however were simply horrific!!

I stayed at this hotel for the five star experience that I have enjoyed from the Starwood properties listed above. The bar management and presentation (at night) was classless to the say the least. The servers were young and very pretty but seemed ditzy and confused. The staff seemed more concerned with being a part of the party scene than their job. Our server seemed as if she was intoxicated. I did not expect to find a frat party when I went to the bar "night club".

To make matters worse I witnessed what I assume was a manager in what I can only call a tyrade towards one of the staff members. I am not sure what the young lady was being reprimanded for but I am sure she did not deserve the treatment I witnessed.

It was not all bad however. I had a very different experience in the lobby bar during the day. Our server was very attentive and profesional. Thebartender recomended two drinks that my wife loved, she is still raving about the "Vitamin W".

I highly recomend if you decide to stay that you remain in your room at night unless you are teenager looking for good time.

Extortion at the W

by TripAdvisor Member skysurferScottsdale

Do not have business meetings at this hotel!!!!! I have never been so embarrased or humiliated in my life! A high value, well known customer of the W, invited me for drinks. He wines and dines future clients at the W, often.We had drinks, and talked.He had to leave,and left his debit card with the bar.The GM of the bar said, the card didn't work and I had to pay for the tab.I explained the whole situation.He was very rude, and unprofessional.The GM called the police.After the police arrived, I paid them all the money I had in my pocket ,or I would have gone to jail!.My associate met me at the W the next day to clear this up. There was NOTHING wrong with his card!!!! This situation could have been handled 300 different ways. They chose this one.They still have not refunded my cash. I'am seeking legal counsel.

overpriced and overrated!!!

by TripAdvisor Member lbmremax

Was headed to a business meeting and an associate suggested this hotel. I was slightly wary when told that the room rate was over $400 per night. Keep in mind, I travel first class and NEVER mind paying for quality accomodations. Arrived at the W and went through the ridiculous, "what is your wish" routine. No one offered to take our bags. Went to the room which was extremely small, with cold and metallic decor and NO ventilation whatsoever. No Bath tub only a tiny shower that was inches from the bed and no exhaust fan to run so the moisutre just stayed in the room. After our meeting went to the pool, couldn't get ANYONE to wait on us to bring us food or a drink without going to find them. Valet parked the car, called ahead each time for the car and it was never there and we constantly had to wait. Oh, yes and after I book found out that someone we were with booked for 299 per night, still havent figured that one out and they woudn't adjust our bill. All in all, overpriced, tacky, and I would not recommend it to ANYONE!

desert oasis

by TripAdvisor Member JKlondon09

Having stayed at a number of W hotels this one lived up to their high standards. Very sleek and tastefully designed it benefitted from being very central. Pools and gym were excellent. Rooms are a little small but again well designed.

Great concept

by TripAdvisor Member emsy85

The hotel is new. The rooms were very hip but definately lacked space but I was alone so wasn't a big deal.
Gym was good. Room service fabulous - food really good. The lobbt bar has great drinks. The staff are all beautiful and friendly. The pool is great.
Also, they staff are very accomodating and happy to leave you to get up to any mischeif you want, we stayed in the pool all night mid week and there was no problem with this.
No seperate bathtub in my room, but the shower was nice and its a great hotel.

Great place for the "active" crowd

by TripAdvisor Member Prdcrdp

After reading some of the reviews posted about this property, I would have to say that my recent experience was completely different. When you stay at a W Hotel, I believe you need to understand the environment of W properties. They are not meant for the "I want to stay in my room and watch TV on Friday night" crowd. The people would be much more comfortable at the Phoenician. W properties are designed for the crowd that are more active in the evenings and appreciate modern style.

From the moment we arrived, we were immediately greeted by the valet and bellman. At check-in, we arrived about 2:00 p.m. and our room was not ready yet. The front desk clerk made a call into her "secret service style" radio and within 30 seconds someone approached us and asked if they could drive us somewhere in the hotel Acura SUV. We declined and walked across the street to have lunch. Within 30 minutes the front desk had sent a text message to my cell phone indicating our room was ready.

We were given a Cool Corner Suite with a balcony that overlooked the pool. The room also had a brand new Dell computer on the desk with free internet service. I was also surprised with the Bose full surround sound system connected to the flat screen tv.

The Living Room downstairs is a very chic and comfortable place to have a cocktail. Sushi Roku offers high quality sushi in a fun and social environment. You can then wander upstairs and join in on the party or go across the street to the wide variety of clubs and bars. That is one of the great things about this property, is the location. During the day, there is a mall across the street and tons of restaurants within a 5 min walk and in the evenings there are a variety of clubs, bars and live entertainment just across the street.

The service we received from all of the staff members was excellent. Housekeeping was a little overzealous when we declined to have our room serviced. There were 3 people that came to the door, even the housekeeping manager, to make sure we didn't want service. The rates may be a little pricey, even for Scottsdale, but so are most W Hotels. If you have stayed with W Hotels before, you know that you are not paying for a bed and a shower but more for the "experiences" the property offers.

Great Time, Superb Service

by TripAdvisor Member 1972Yetti

From check-in, to check out, everyone (Gladis and Melissa) to Jason at the bar, were wonderful, super friendly, and went out of their way to take care of us, even though they were oversold on the double bed rooms.

no balcony? get over it! they have an incredible pool area, and a bar right there. what are you staying in your room for? too much sun? come up to portland sometime, and that should take care of that. I really don't understand what people are complaining about. even the massive bouncers at the door on FRI and SAT night were nice! everyone's well-dressed, and yes, it's NICE and loud on the weekends, when there are people out having a great time. this is NOT a resort, it's a very very nice place to stay, with some really caring staff.

OK if you can stand the noise

by TripAdvisor Member MiguelPHX

If dead monkeys hanging from the ceiling were the latest onslaught of trendiness, this hotel would have monkey corpses in the rooms. The place is overpriced, snooty without any reason to be so and they have a rooftop bar which emits so much noise that you LITERALLY can hear it from over a mile a day by putting down the car windows. I would not stay there again because it is only a matter of time before the residential areas around it start shooting at the thing, and they will have my full support. If I had to live near that much noise I would join them.

Comments