4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

6902 East Greenway Parkway, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85254, United States

Expedia.com Westin.com Priceline.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• Photograph On AzCentral.com

Wednesday July 28 this photograph was published on AzCentral.com ( the Arizona Republic newspaper ) showing a family in the pool, the mother fully clothed, NOT wearing swimwear. This seems very unsanitary and I am surprised that this upscale hotel condones this practice.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

The Lap Of Luxury

The Westin Kierland is definitely one of the premier hotels in Scottsdale. It was a wonderful stay starting from the valet service all the way to the free hors d'overes...I was in a king suite which had a comfortable pull out couch.

Unique Quality: There are several unique qualities about this hotel that make it wonderful. The spa here is unbelieveable, and the golf course is even better!

More about Westin Kierland Resort and Spa

Kierland Golf Course

by ATXtraveler

One of the most beautiful courses in the world is located on the same location as the Westin Kierland in Scottsdale. Kierland Golf Club is a very nice course of 27 holes with some great rates in the summer. I would say this is the 3rd best course I have played in Scottsdale.

It is also a member of Troon Golf, which means you can use your Troon rewards to golf here!

Nice place to get away

Found the resort new, clean, and worthy of 4 stars.Resort had plenty of resturants, large pool for kids, a lazy river and a water slide. Had great view over looking golf course. We used the fitness room which very clean with very updated equipment. Spa services were a little pricey but you got all day access to yoga and other service. Resort was walking distance to large shopping center. Nice location easy access to highways and activities.

What's all the fuss about?

I thought about giving the resort 3 stars, but in the end felt it would be a little unfair. It's an impressive resort upon entering, but valet staff would not allow me to leave the car under the porte cochere during check-in (for 5 minutes). I didn't feel like doing the valet thing, so I had to drop off all our luggage and park the car, and then walk back to check in (it is a small hike). I was surprised, there was one clerk at about 5pm for check-in at a small front desk. The really insane thing is that the bellhops store luggage carts immediately inside of the front doors - so for people walking in to the hotel, that is what they see. The lobby was upscale, though cold (designed) and overly business-like. The rooms were very nicely decorated, though smaller than the almost identical Sheraton room we stayed at next. For an upscale resort, a 27" tv sitting on top of the dresser is hokey - even my $59 motel room along the freeway had an armoire. The bathroom was very nice and spacious with a separate tub and shower. We never ate at the resort, the menus were not overly appealing to families. There's a cool Elephant Bar, Cheesecake Factory, and Tommy Bahama's nearby. The waterpark was excellent, though placed away from the main building. Slide (when open) was fun, lazy river, beach access-pool, and fountains well-designed. Bring flip-flops, the pavers do not mix well with the sand and the little stones in the landscaping. Lifeguards plentiful. Poolside food expensive, but nice service. Bagpiper plays each night with a bonfire overlooking the course - very cool. Upon checking out, I noticed they charged me $120 more than my reservation was for. The reason - I did not show my AAA card (guess what, they never asked for it) and the rate defaulted to the rack rate. There's a policy that should be changed. They did adjust the bill, however. Overall, a very nice hotel experience, but our experience was better at the next hotel on our trip, the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort.

Beautiful NEW resort

by TripAdvisor Member frannmatt

stayed there 4/21-4/24/04 and had a grand time. resort opened 11/03 so everything so nice and new and clean and non-smoking rooms are really smoke free! great soundproofing, too. could hear other room doors closing, of course, but that was all. beautiful views on the golf course side. the grounds are well kept and everything nice and airy. didn't mind having to walk outside to separate building for gym and spa. gym is large and well-equipped w/cardio machines, free weights and other weight machines. there was always an available chair around the pools - lots of room when we were there. all staff greeted us wherever we went and were very friendly. had lunch at nellie's and food and atmosphere were great. plus there are lots of other great restaurants closeby and at the kierland commons shopping complex across the street. Will definitely stay there again if we go to scottsdale.

Ok......

Stayed here for the weekend of 04/30-05/03. Hotel very pricey for what you get. (500.00/night +). Rooms are small and cramped. Pool is ok, but service is at times poor. Distribution of the hotel is poor, had to walk a LONG way to get to pool/lobby etc. Could not get a late check out when I asked, but when I told the concierge that I was attending the "time share presentation" at their villas, it was promptly handled. The presentation was borderline high pressure, but got a nice $100.00 credit card to use at the hotel that I applied to the room rate which was a nice discount. Kind of a waste of 1.5 hrs, but take the $100.00 and just say NO! Wish the rates were better, I would stay again if cheaper. My brother in law stayed at the Casitas, nice but OUTRAGEOUS price. Also VERY inconvenient if you want to reach the lobby. You have to take a golf cart for a ride. We had to wait over 20 mins in the heat with an infant for the cart to get there. Staff is ok...they need more pool waiters, the service was mediocre at best. Dont use the room mini bar....I had 1 can of beer that cost $5.00! A small bottle of water is $3.00........I went to the Safeway a short distance away and got what I wanted!

Needs a little help

by TripAdvisor Member JimPFairOaksCA

I went to the Kierland in May. I've stayed at other Westins and this was a little below par. The pools and exercise room is very good. The room was adequate. The staff is very friendly, however, they have a few organization problems that need to be worked out.

If you're looking for close access to shopping and dining, it's very conveniently located. If you're looking for more desert resort experience like the Scottsdale Princess, you'll be disappointed.

OK, if you don't mind inexperience

This place does everything to increase the amount of money spent. I asked for the Broadband/unlimited phone service for 16 dollars per day, they did not turn it on. I ended up with 120.00 in phone bills even though I had broadband access the first 2 days and used dial up last three days. The resort has too many rules developed for their convenience and profit. No undercanopy parking during checkin, valet must be used. Hokey accommodations in the rooms. *** people wind up the phone cords so the phone can only be used against the wall like a pay phone, which it is. 800 calls are 2.00 apiece. Taxes are steep at 14 dollars a day and parking at 18 dollars a day. This is more than the parking in economy parking at oakland airport. There were long lines for checkin and checkout as there were never more than two checkout clerks and more commonly only one there at a time. The clerks had no cognitive ability and could only rely on computers to tell them what to do. Food, forget it, no meal under 31 dollars except breakfast. I was there for a company function and the meals provided were quite low end. Even the shuttles and cabs were hard to get, I guess nobody wants to do business with the hotel.

Service is terrible!!

by TripAdvisor Member atl-travelgirl

This was one of the worst experiences I have ever had traveling. The service is TERRIBLE. I read all the reviews on this site before booking this hotel. I contacted the hotel in advance to request a King Room in a Quiet location and received confirmation this would occur. We were placed in a room near the elevators / ice machines (after I reminded the clerk of our request) and then moved to another room that was ridiculous. The staff were extremely rude with the exception of a wonderful bellman (Dave). If you are going here for vacation DON'T, if you are going to Scottsdale on business then you can probably tolerate this hotel since the rooms are fairly decent BUT I can tell you that I intentionally left something on the floor to see if housekeeping would catch it and they didn't for 4 nights. We stayed a total of 10 nights and it was the worse experience ever. We had a good time in spite of the hotel but they didn't add anything positive to our experience. PLEASE DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU HAVE NO CHOICE!!

Valentines Dinner

by jemueller

I'm taking my husband to the Westin Kierland resort in Scottsdale over Valentines and am looking for suggestions for a romantic dinner with decent food for valentines day. Any suggestions?

Re: Valentines Dinner

by YVRDave

I'm sure there may be better but, T.Cooks at The Royal Palms, Mary Elains at The Phonecian.
Alot of people like Elements at The Sanctuary but I found it to loud.

Re: Valentines Dinner

by HarmoniousBotch

I second the suggestion for Mary Elaine's at The Phoenician. It will cost you about $100 - $150 each, but it is worth it. If the weather is decent, try to reserve a balcony table.

Comments