665 S Sunset Drive, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

• BerniShand's Profile Photo

EXTRAORDINARY

This is an extraordinary place to stay, the suites are each individually styled and have compact kitchens, comfortable beds and large sitting rooms, some have working fireplaces and jacuzzi bathtubs. the bathroon in our suite was quite small and in need of updating, not in keeping with the `luxury` tag the Sunset Chateau likes to apply
    there is a swimming pool and outside Jacuzzi in the attractive gardens and a kiva fireplace to take away the evening chilll, there is also a large hammock to laze away the afternoons

Breakfasts we found were very disappointing, described as `gourmet` there was no choice of dish [though there is a vegetarian option] and was usually lukewarm, another breakfast bugbear was the staff`s habit of stopping by to chat while we were eating, I can see that this shows a caring friendly approach, but when you are trying to eat your breakfast before it becomes absolutely stone cold the last thing you want to do is chat

All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Sunset Chateau but find the use of `luxury` and `gourmet` to be totally unwarranted

• keida84's Profile Photo

Beautiful views

A very lovely bed and breakfast near the airport mesa vortex. We stayed over the Easter weekend and were quite pleased with the location and beauty of the inn. There were so many things to do and see or you could just sit down and read a book and relax on the patio of the bungelow. We had a one bedroom garden bungelow which had a small kitchen including a refrigerator. While my traveling companions stayed in the beautiful king sized bedroom (never had either of them seen such a huge bed before!) and I stayed in the living area on the sofa which for me was quite comfortable. The Inn had provided a roll away bed but I opted for the sofa.

Breakfast was provided in the room rate. The first morning it was very nice but the next morning we were ignored and when breakfast finally arrived it was cold and not all the plates came to the table at the same time. The third morning our "hostess" wanted to chat it up a bit and did not realise that we wanted to just eat our meal and enjoy the morning quietly. On our last day we decided to forego the breakfast and grab something "on the road"

This was a lovely facility but one I am not sure I would return to. For the price paid it did not live up to its potential.

Unique Quality: The pool was quite lovely and it even had a fireplace poolside. A meandering stream ran through the property and it lent an air of relaxation and quiet.

More about A Sunset Chateau

A Sunset Chateau is the best by far we've ever stayed at.

by TripAdvisor Member K_D_WashingtonState

We stayed 6 nites and loved every minute. A Sunset Chateau is a work of art and the perfect compliment to the incredible beauty God created at Sedona. The hospitality was amazing; we felt at home as if we were family, yet totally pampered. The breakfasts were truly gourmet and delicious. We loved our suite and were able to just spend time soaking in the beautiful red rock views and georgous sunsets. We thoroughly enjoyed the amenities; wonderful grounds, pool, hot tub, in room jacuzzi, and spa treatments that were arranged for us (and they also were great). It was so romantic and restful. We met and got to know the owners during our stay, they're just that kind of people, and the Chateau is such a reflection of how gifted, talented and caring Philippe and Janet Buillet are. It is a place like no other filled with beauty, color, and artistry laced with comfort. When we come back to Sedona, this is our place to stay. K. Davis

Continually More Fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member EcstaticGuest

Hi,
I've stayed at A Sunset Chateau before, but I tell you, it is constantly on the move up in quality. It was great before but I was shocked to see all of the changes that they'd made since I'd last been there. The breakfasts are still out of this world and the employees/owners are all very sweet and very helpful. I love this bed and breakfast! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice, quiet place to stay that is not your typical hotel. It is uniquely decorated and there are places to lay on hammocks and sit on gliders to watch the stars at night. The rooms are perfectly quiet and the decor is so wonderfully unique that I tell everyone I know about this B & B. I hope they get the great amount of business that they deserve because it's obvious they put their heart and soul into the place. God bless them!

We hated to leave

by TripAdvisor Member CCD7

My wife and I recently returned from our third stay at the Sunset Chateau.. The five days went by all too quickly, and we hated to leave.
Sedona has long been one of our favorite places, and the Chateau is better than any other B & B's that we had previously stayed at. The suites are large, beautiful , artistically decorated in a warm southwest decor, with complete kitchen and dining facilities, and a nice warm fireplace.
The Chateau is owned by two young artists, and their beautiful works are readily visible throughout the place. While we were there, Janet (one of the owners) was just completing a magnificent forty foot mural on one of the walls surrounding the pool; very impressive.
The features include delicious breakfasts, spacious patios, breathtaking mountain views, a continuous babbling stream and pond and a new pool and outdoor jacuzzi.. The owners and help could not be nicer and they bend over backwards to please customers. To say we loved the Chateau is a gross understatement of fact. We look foward to returning.

It's nice, but....

by TripAdvisor Member AZ89

I've just returned from a 3-day getaway with my husband at the Sunset Chateau. I had read the reviews here and was very curious as to what we were going to get, based on the wide range of comments (breakfast was the best of my life!... Breakfast was terrible! etc ) I truly think that the experience must be largely based on A) personal expectations and B) which room you end up with. My husband and I had one of the "luxury suites" called the Sienna. Here are the positives and negatives based on my experience with our room:

Positive:
1) Our room was extremely quiet. We could not hear the people next door, or anyone outside (unless the windows were open.)
2) The pool area/hot tub is wonderful, and very clean. The view is fantastic.
3) We could pull up to our room and park just a few steps from the door which made for easy unpacking.
4) The room was extremely clean and the housekeeping staff went above and beyond (they even cleaned the coffee maker.)
5) Very close to the "main drag" - Hwy 89A which has most of the restaurants and shopping.

Negative:
1) There are no private patios.
2) Breakfast was just OK. My husband did not want whipped cream on his french toast, so they took it back and never returned with the corrected order, or to check on us at all. Later on, we realized that the waitress probably did not speak english and thought he just didn't want the food. We left and went into town to eat and didn't return the second morning. Normally, we are not high maintenance, but a "gourmet breakfast" is advertised and we were disappointed.
3) We had the hardest bed I have ever slept in in my life. I can't believe no one's complained about this in the past.
4) Our room was $279/night including the tax. This is pretty much the going rate in Sedona, but I couldn't help thinking it could have been better for the price.

Loved Sedona--but no tour B&B

by TripAdvisor Member Peggy9871

We were in Sedona for 3 nights. We stayed at A Sunset Chateau B&B. We were in a nice part of the Inn. Our rooms were a small living room with very uncomfortable fliving room furnature ,a gas fireplace and TV..were in that room. We also had a small but full kitchen with dishes, glasses,pans etc , a bedroom and a full bath.
I will say everything was very clean in our room--and nice decor. Parking at the inn was also good---and the entireplace was quiet.
We were SO SO---disapointed with our breakfast --each & every one we were offered .They have Very un-healthy dishes ---the first morning when it arrived at our table I asked them to take it away.
They do serve fruit salad,( but the sameone each day) and they have an area that you can get coffee,tea, juice and 2 kinds of cold cereal. They will get you toast or an English muffin for you. most of the kitchen staff did not speak English.

The day we went to the pool area I was shocked to see so much old outdoor furnature. There was an old woodbox that had been painted blue in a coner --I guess for maybe a step stool? Should have been tossed out years ago...as well as all the other furnature. Everything in the pool area was SO run down. The pool was somewhat clean but the hot tub was so uninviting... It should be drained, and scrubed with bleach---I would not step foot in it.

I thought I had picked out a real nice place. We cpuld say for the same amount of money, we should have--and could have stayed at another B&B. There are many nice things to do in Sedona---and the pink jeep tour is a must...we had so much fun that day. The Enchantment Resort is so nice for lunch--the red rocks are right at your table. I like Sedona and will be back soon I hope.

Great View - Terrible Breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member beachygirl62

We were terribly concerned by the outer appearance of the B & B compared to the price we paid per night - however, once we were inside the room we were quiet pleased.

The unit was nice and very clean. We were in the Casablanca suite where the decor is eclectic to say the least, a combination of middle-eastern meets spanish, but it somehow works. The fireplace is a lovely touch and we enjoyed it each morning and evening. The view from the porch is wonderful and we enjoyed sitting out watching the sunset against the beautiful red rocks.

Breakfast on the other hand is a disaster. Beverage service is self service, we received a very generic bowl of fruit and were not given a choice of entree. The first morning we were served cold Eggs Florentine and the second morning soggy, cold french toast (we felt pretty certain it was the frozen, toaster type) with frozen berries. We left after a couple of bites and went to The Coffee Pot restaurant for breakfast (it was good!). The final morning we didn't even attempt the breakfast again. This might be acceptable if they didn't advertise a "gourmet breakfast" but this was definitely NOT a gourmet breakfast. The breakfast staff were loud and filled with laughter when speaking with one another (in a foreign language) but hardly recognized the patrons.

As I said, the view was lovely and the room was clean but I wouldn't stay there again. There are many nicer options for the price.

Perfect Getaway.......Paradise

by TripAdvisor Member funnthesun111

I believe the Chateau really speaks for itself. Having only booked this by reading the reviews on tripadvisor my expectations were set before we arrived. Upon checking in and seeing the rooms not only were my expectations exceeded by the staff, decor and overall ambaince but this place has just made my top 5 list of fantastic places to stay. My only complaint would be that the breakfasts tend to be a little heavy but the dining room/coffee set up leaves nothing to be desired.
Favorite: Sititng on the decks or by the pool just lounging.

Perfect romantic getaway!!!! Finally, being a native to Arizona I have traveled quite a bit around the state and I must say The Chateau is a place not to be missed by anyone looking for the perfect Southwest/Sedona vacation.

Sedona

by emerson24_2002

Sedona is just beautiful place no matter where you go. It's a small town that's incredibly beautiful. There's about 12,000 people that live here.

Most people who come here stop to see the area en route to the grand canyon.

There's a lot of different things to do for sightseeing or adventure.

Stayed at the Sunset Chateau. They offer a two nite stay with breakfast served in the morning, a tour to the Grand Canyon, and a tour of sedona for about 250.00.

Although the scenery was great and the place was nice, there were a few things that I was not pleased about. For that reason, I won't recommend staying here.

Outside my door at the Sunset ChateauOutside my door at the Sunset Chateau

View from our room At Sunset ChateauView from our room At Sunset Chateau

1 Night in Sedona...where would you stay?

by Bernardone

Just looking for a nice romantic place to stay tat's not too outrageous in terms of pricing. Also, any good restaurants, bars? Thanks as always for your advice!

Re: 1 Night in Sedona...where would you stay?

by skylynx

We found a place in town for $90 but can't recall the name, but that was the cheapest we could find. It wasn't a chain, but was okay. Also don't see how anyone could stay just one day in Sedona. It is SO wonderful, with so much high class southwestern features. They have several fine restaurants and mid-range eatery's. The whole place is romantic. Also is amazing to see the local airport on top of a high mesa...how appropriate, putting an airport up on a mesa! If you're driving and come in from the north, don't miss the town of Jerome, either...really odd until you find out why it was built where it is. This isn't much help but maybe someone else will chime in. Sheez, I sound like the tourist agency..but just from Florida and went there two years ago touring the southwest.

Re: 1 Night in Sedona...where would you stay?

by YVRDave

Try here, it is 79 AAA or weekday and 109 for Jacuzzi suite.
Try www.heartlinecafe.com for a great meal.
The Hyatt has a 119.00 special too

RE: 1 Night in Sedona...where would you stay?

by sschilling

We stayed at A Sunset Chateau. It was $239 for the night, pricey, I know, but really romantic! Click on the link to check out the luxury suites. They come with separate living rooms with fireplaces that came in handy last week (April), a jacuzzi tub, beautiful bedrooms; picture windows looking out onto the rocks. Also, there is a sweet patio with a hot tub, pool and fireplaces. They encourage bringing your own wine to sit out and enjoy the peace. A filling gourmet breakfast is served in a beautiful dining room that was practically empty when we were there. I think if it's romance you want, get a Bed and Breakfast if you can!
www.asunsetchateau.com