Amara Resort

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 50% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

The Amara Resort and Spa

We actually didn't book in this hotel. But, I took some brochures to share them with you.

This is an award-winning hotel (I didn't know that there are awards given to hotels!). Per the brochure that I got, it says that this hotel received a AAA 4 Diamond Award.

Here are some amenities of the hotel:

Complimentary in town transportation
    Complimentary Valet Parking
    Amara Spa featuring Elemis products (don't ask this from me as I don't know)
    Complimentary computer access 24 hours a day (good, because you can upload your pictures and write your updates with Virtual Tourist!)
    Private dinin in the Wine Room
    Hundred Rox Restaurant "Cal-Ital" cuisine by Executive Chef David Schmidt
    "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator Magazine
    Outdoor heated salt water pool and hot tub
    Outdoor fire pit
    3 Restaurants on Property -Open Range, Canyon Breeze & Hudred Rox
    24 hours front desk
    Direct access to Oak Creek
    Located in uptown Sedona on the tranquil Oak Creek.

Unique Quality: Room Amenities:

Extra-ordinary Simmons "Felicity" pillow top mattress
    Mascioni Italian bedding linen - 300 thread count
    Elemis Spa bath products
    Robes in each room
    Complimentary coffee and tea service in each guest room
    Free local phone calls
    Compliemntary high speed internet access (wireless) on each room
    DVD/CD players in every room

Please call the hotel for prices as I don't have them. Also, visit their website www.amararesort.com for further information.

Directions: %cFrom Uptown Sedona, go North 89A. Take a right on Amara Lane.

• erotikryter's Profile Photo

Beautiful Accomodations in the Heart of Sedona

During out stay our service was great. We really love the staff here. Very attentive and friendly. Because of the resort's location down by the creek, there are bellman who drive you up to the main road through Sedona on golf carts. You can walk, although it is a bit of a climb.

Location is nice if you want to be in town. You are close to all of the shops in uptown Sedona, and within walking distance of Talaqupaque a cute artison's shopping area.

The rooms were beautiful, with gorgeous linens and a half a dozen pillows on the beds.

There were DVDs for borrowing in the lobby and there is a small concierge desk to help with planning your stay.

I would definately recommend this as a great place to stay on your visit to Sedona. Our experience was great.

Unique Quality: The resort is located just off of Oak Creek and there is outdoor seating to take in the view of camelback rock. At night there is a firepit to eat by which is very cool. One of the awesome things about this resort is The Gallery on Oak Creek Restaurant. Awesome food. Chef Alan McClain has an awesome palet. Try the Miso Beef with Risotto and you wont be disappointed. On Tuesdays and Wednesday evenings between five and seven is pre-sunset, where you can get a four course dinner for $25. An awesome deal on amazing four diamond food. Also one of the best wine lists in the area.

There is a modern artistic feel to this resort. They have a small gallery in the lobby and in the resteraunt there is an art menu, so if you wish to purchase the art on the walls or the small sculputures on the tables throughout the resteraunt you can.

There is a small pool, spa facilities, and a trail that leads down to the creek.

Directions: Uptown Sedona

More about Amara Resort

Absolutely loved Amara!

We spent the weekend at the new Amara Resort in Sedona and found it to
be fabulous! The room was spacious and nicely decorated, the food in
the restaurant was out of this world and we loved the setting -- It is
so calming and serene. We will definitely return to Amara on our next
trip to Sedona!

AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL

My husband and I spent a weekend at the Amara Resort in Sedona, AZ. The resort was absolutely beautiful. The rooms were elegant, the restaurant was delicious and the views were amazing. We had a wonderful weekend and plan on returning same time next year.

Thank you Amara Resort for a wonderful and romantic weekend.

Wonderful!!

The Amara Resort was fabulous! This was my first time there. The staff is very friendly and the atmosphere is inviting. The decor is very modern, yet so peaceful and tranquil. I would recommend this resort to anyone who wants to get away and relax. It's by far one of the best resorts in Sedona!!

Not worth the dime or the time

The Amara resort is nothing like the website or the positive reviews claim it to be. I was expecting a romantic get away in a great room with impressive views. Instead I received a cramped room with a view of the next door property. When asked if there was another room my wife and I could switch to, I was informed that I would have to check back in the morning. What, were they building new rooms overnight???? The best feature of the AMARA are the beds, they are outstanding. They also have dvd players in the room, but when my wife called down to see if they were for rent, she was told that none were available. I suppose they expect their guests to bring their own movies. The resort is over six months old, and doesn't have a dvd collection, then why advertise the dvd players. The lobby as well as the rest of the property is very new and modern, but lacks decor and personality. The staff was ok, but definately nothing better than the Ramada Inn. For almost 150 dollars a night, I would expect something nicer. I would not return, nor would I ever recommend this place.

Loved the Amara!

My husband and I stayed at Amara with our two children (5 and 2) for two nights just before Christmas. It was amazing! We had the end suite overlooking the Creek, and an adjoining room for the kids. It was incredibly quiet and peaceful...it was just the atmosphere we needed before spending Christmas with family in Phoenix. We even managed to sneak some romance in with a bottle of red wine on the balcony overlooking the Creek once the kids were in bed! We ate at the hotel's restaurant one night and walked up to the local shops and restaurants for other meals. The food at the restaurant was delicious, the service was great, and they went out of their way to accomodate our very curious children! And I definitely agree with the review about the beds! After two nights of living in luxury with hot baths (the suite has a huge bathtub!) and incredible sleep, it was hard leaving! We'll definitely stay at Amara again!

Wonderful Holiday

My husband and I returned from a wonderful holiday in Arizona. We spent the first week at the Amara. The hotel is beautifully appointed, our room was tastefully decorated and the aveda bath products a lovely surprise.

We had the most amazing food every evening, each meal was wonderfully prepared and beautifully presented. I know that Al was working on a new menu, how lucky for us to be able to try such delicious food each night.

The staff was very friendly and did everything to make our stay memorable. It's hard to believe that this hotel has only been open for such a short time.

I know the hotel will just get better and we look forward to coming back to the little jewel in Sedona.

Ruth

Sedona - A truly spiritual place

by caloshaman

"Sedona - Red Rock Country"

I hike alot. I love to hike in Sedona. The red rocks are amazing. It is a spiritual place and a great place to get away to find yourself (if you feel lost) or just want to get back in touch with nature. The blue skies contrast with the red rocks, and are complimented with Ponderosa pine trees and the Oak creek river is beautiful. The town of Sedona is known for its artistry, architecture and unfortunately "pink jeeps" that take you out for tours in the hills (actually kinda good). They have a great sushi restaurant in town called Tsunami. I stay at a hotel along the creek called the Amara Creekside resort. It's kind of like a "W" hotel in the desert. Real Cool and hip, yet very southwestern.

Tips on Pheonix-Sedona-Flagstaff

by maimon

I have to be in Flagstaff from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM 5 weekdays (next week). My plan is to arrive in Pheonix Sat. at 8:00 AM. Rent a car for a week. Stay in Sedona, at Amara resort. Commute to Flagstaff 5 days, and back to Pheonix airport the following Friday. In addition to the Grand Canyon, I am interested in hot springs.

I have no idea about Amara resort, I only saw a nice picture. Any tips and advice will be appreciated. I have to eat lunch in Flagstaff near the University. Thanks.

Amara resort

by Dandelion1

Amara resort - good choice! It's in the middle of Sedona, quiet and with a wonderful interior design. What a pity I'm not there right now!

Re: Tips on Pheonix-Sedona-Flagstaff

by vtveen

Make at least one detour to Flagstaff to see Montezuma Castle.

Comments