Best Western Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas Sedona

Costs 49% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

More about Best Western Arroyo Roble Hotel & Creekside Villas Sedona

Creekside solitude

by TripAdvisor Member KUDAD

Beautiful, 2-story, 1300 sq. ft.townhouse condo, end unit, with peaceful view of creek 50 feet away. Sun rises over Sedona rock formations out our patio doors. Fireplaces up and down. Easy up hill walk to restaurants, jeep tours, shops, etc. A perk for RCI members is that only about 7 of the units here are RCI affiliated, but those that are are considerably nicer and better placed. Amenities are fine, I write this as we are here from my broadband room connection. Already planning a return trip, with grandkids, next fall.

A Nice Room With a Great View

by TripAdvisor Member wonderfulworld

We stayed at this place for two nights in January, 2006. Our room was not huge, but it was freshly decorated and the view from the terrace was spectacular.

A man at the desk directed us to two good Thai restaurants: Thai Spices, which has an unattractive dining room and Tara Thai. Both places have good food.

The breakfast was typical, but it was served in a particularly well-designed breakfast room.

It was too cold to use the pool and other facilities.

Highly Recommended Sedona Hotel in Ideal Location

by TripAdvisor Member Theodorus

This new facility is at the North end of the major tourist area of Sedona. It's on a steep incline, so walking to parked cars and up to the surrounding shops and restaurants might prove a bit of an effort for d folks with mobility restrictions.All rooms on all five levels have unrestricted views of the red rock formations. Rooms are spotless, modern, comfortable. The complimentary continental breakfast is very simple.Major galleries, shops, and restaurants are within a few hundred yards.
We would definitely stay here again.

Awesome, Loved the View

by TripAdvisor Member FrankSmeeks

This place is fantastic! We actually stayed in a room with a Queen or King Bed, Fireplace, Ref. and "Red Rock View". I was somewhat skeptical, because 'everyone' advertises a red rock view and when you get to Sedona, you quickly see hotels which you would not likely stay at and the 'view' is not what you would expect from looking at the pictures. Well I can tell you I spoke with Ashley when I made the reservation. She 'promised' I would not be dissappointed, well here is one hotel clerk who keeps her promises! Check in was very smooth, the room was ready, nice, clean, large, nice deck, and YES, WHAT A VIEW! She also recommended the Broken Arrow tour with Pink Jeeps, again, right on the money! My wife and I had such a great time, we opted to stay in Sedona versus going to the Grand Canyon, we will come back to the Canyon with the kids in the summer. She also recommended Airport Mesa for watching the Sunset (this is on Aiport Road). The sunset was ok, but on the drive back from Sedona the next night we saw a very pretty one as well. The breakfast in the morning was exactly what it promised. There is only one complaint that I can even muster and that would be that a later checkout would have been nice, but they did let us park there the rest of the morning while we shopped. The view was so nice, I didn't really want to leave the patio of the room. The Villas which are part of the timeshare portion did not have views, so I would recommend going for the rooms versus the lower villas so you can have the stunning view. The clubhouse was awesome (ping pong, pool tables, outdoor pools, indoor pool, indoor hot tub, outdoor hot tub; and you have access to all of it. Hope you enjoy it if you get to go! --- Frank

Creekside Villa - good experience

by TripAdvisor Member dupreesgal

We spent one night in the Creekside Villas in Mid March. The villa was huge! It was a townhouse with 2 bedrooms, a very large living room and small kitchen. There were 2 full baths upstairs and one half bath downstairs. Only complaint is that the smaller bedroom had twin beds instead of 2 doubles or queens. Our party had 6 people, 2 couples and 2 small children. The place was very clean. Our villa was a few feet away from Oak Creek and it was fun to walk around. The pool is adequate, but quite cool for a heated pool. Only other complaint was that the hot water was gone after only 2 showers. My sister-in-law and myself had some ice cold water!

Great Location and Clean Room

by TripAdvisor Member cchicks4

We stayed at this hotel during the week of March 18-20. We had a deluxe room on the 2nd floor in the northside. Accomodations were excellent. Our room included a fireplace and beautiful view from the balcony. We were very close to all of the uptown shops and restaraunts. The pool was heated, but the motor broke on the day we were there. It was chilly. Staff was very helpful and allowed us to checkin early. The location was great. Oaxaca Mexican restaurant was not very good. Canyon Breeze grill, The Coffee Pot, and Cowboy grill were best.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member GChereIcome

Stayed one night here on way back from Grand Canyon. The views from the hotel are spectacular and the kids loved the club house with the swimming, pool tables, & ping pong. Very convenient to the main strip of shopping and dinning.

Room was clean and big enough for the four of us to sleep comfortably. Breakfast was standard cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, fruit and make your own waffle station.

Personaly I would not pay extra to have the red rock view because you can get it by just stepping outside which is where you should be when visiting probably the most beautiful place in the United States.

Don't forget to take the Pink Jeep tour it is a lot of fun and educational.

This is a must visit when in Arizona!

Great hotel, great location

by TripAdvisor Member AlbertCav

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the BW. We were originally scheduled for only 1 night out of a 8 night AZ road trip, but after checking in and looking around, we decided to cancel our next reservation and stay here. Staff was extremely friendly, and accommodated our plan change in stride; very helpful otherwise. Right in the middle of the shopping area, a beautiful red rock mountain behind (be sure to ask for a mountain view!). Has an both outdoor and indoor pool (one of few in Sedona - important to my 5 year old), full health club with pool tables, etc. Note that the indoor pool is actually only partially indoors (there is a glass partition, but the water is heated, so we were able able to swim in early April. Backs up to Oak Creek, and is right at the entrance to Oak Creek canyon, an extremely lush and beautiful spot. PILLOW TOP BEDS WERE EXTREMELY COMFY! I've stayed at posh hotels in London, and these were better than anything I've had at a hotel. Very good breakfast, but somewhat higher end of typical continential offered in AZ - waffles, danish, bagels, fruit, cerial, etc. Rate was so-so ($150 + $10 for a roll-away), but not high for Sedona. We enjoyed Sedona more than anything else in AZ, even the Grand Canyon and Canyon de Shally. Tip for large groups - RENT your own jeep rather than use a tour! They give you the same tour trails the Pink Jeep uses and an ice chest, but only cost us $200 for a full day rental, and we did 3 tours. This wood have cost us about $1000 if we used Pink, and the wife and I had a blast driving off road!

Beautiful & in a good location

by TripAdvisor Member Phillybilly

We screwed up! We only rented the Crekside Villa for our party of 6 (3 teenagers, grandmom, mom, dad) for 2 nights but if we had known better we would have stayed for 5 and done day trips to the Grand Canyon and other locales. The spacious, two floor villas are in a beautiful location next to a creek. Nice sized kitchen, washer & dryer in room. Free wired internet, free continental breakfast with make your own waffles and they take Best Western scrip (gift cards). Daily maid service and the location is right in uptown Sedona near the Cowboy Club and shopping.

Simple altar and interiorSimple altar and interior

Not sure where this was takenNot sure where this was taken

Winding switchback road to valley floorWinding switchback road to valley floor

Main street backs up a lotMain street backs up a lot

Sept. 5th and 6th Sedona visit...

by ReneeS59

Hi,
I'll be in Sedona alone for a couple of days this weekend, about to celebrate my 50th birthday, and I don't really want to just follow the tourist routine. I'd like to spend my time refreshing my spirit a bit before starting on the next 50 years,but, due to asthma problems, I might not be able to hike very far. I DO want to spend a generous part of my time there outdoors, though. Suggestions, anyone?

Re: Sept. 5th and 6th Sedona visit...

by MikePinTucson

1. Chapel of the Holy Cross

2. Bell Rock -- flat hiking trail, and you can turn back at any time.

3. Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour (pricey, but well worth it)

4. Red Rock crossing. Nice stream and fairly flat hiking trail towards Cathedral Rock.

5. Slide Rock State Park

6. Drive up and back through Oak Creek Canyon.

Do you already have a hotel booked? Restaurants selected?

Re: Sept. 5th and 6th Sedona visit...

by ReneeS59

Thanks...heading to plane now...thanks for answering! I'll try it all. : )

Comments