Canyon Wren Cabins

6425 N. Highway 89A, Sedona, Arizona, 86336, United States

More about Canyon Wren Cabins

Perfect Getaway!

Milena and Mike are wonderful hosts! The cabins are quaint and very comfortable, makes for a perfect romantic getaway. We loved the jacuzzi and fireplace but who needs the kitchen with the great breakfast that was provided and all the nearby resturaunts!

Fantastic Getaway!

The Canyon Wren Cabins located on Oak Creek Canyon in Sedona, AZ are fantastic! These charming cabins for two are equipped with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs, but what makes theme special is the ambience of the grounds and the hospitality of the owners. With views of Sterling Canyon and hummingbirds feeding outside your window, what is not to love? Mike & Milena, the owners, make you feel right at home with fresh baked goodies for breakfast and the occasional afternoon treat. All in all, a great getaway in a beautiful location.

Immaculate!

by TripAdvisor Member EDH68

My boyfriend and I just spent 4 days in the Wild Rose Cabin. It was sooooo romantic! You walk in and there is a little sitting area in front of a wood burning fireplace (the owners stock the wood/matches for you at no extra charge). There is a bathroom with a jacuzzi that fits 2. Soap is supplied but not shampoo. In the cabin is a full kitchen stocked with tea, coffee (coffee maker) sugar, utensils, plates, cups, glasses, a tea pot. I believe there was even a toaster. The room has games, books and magazines. Mike and Malena will lend you CD's for the CD player up in the bedroom. There is no TV or phone so it is quiet and romantic. The room is absolutely immaculate. I've never stayed at a cleaner place! Up a long flight of stairs is the bedroom, which has a queen sized bed and a long dresser. Oh, and the cabin has two small decks...one off the kitchen and one off the bedroom. The property outside is really well taken care of and has bird feeders, a pond with fish, a 2 person swing and a hammock. The cabins are made for 2 people.

Every morning Mike and Malena serve delicious, ripe fruit and homemade muffins/danish, etc..., coffee/tea and/or an assortment of juices. They are incredibly knowledgeable about things to do in and around Sedona and even offered to make reservations for us. They were so nice and helpful. I really can't say enough good things about them or their establishment. Thanks for helping to make our stay in Sedona magical! Oh, I saw the inside of the Honeysuckle. It was also immaculate. It was all on one floor (so the fireplace can be seen from the bed, unlike the wild rose) The bathtub is a little smaller than in the other rooms. No matter which room you choose, you'll be happy. It has charm, character and great hosts.

A magical getaway

The proprietors, Mike and Milana, were perfect hosts and went out of their way to make our visit special. We were welcomed with an immaculate private cabin gifted with homemade brownies, fresh flowers, and a fireplace ready to enjoy. Flowers, birds, nature abound were the immediate surroundings that lead the way to great service. Milana was a charming hostess and an excellent concierge, making dinner reservations and pointing us in the right direction of off roads trails. Thanks for all your special touches that made our weekend away romantic and magical!

A Sweet Place

by TripAdvisor Member gobluecsa

Mike and Milena are wonderful hosts. The cabins are decorated in a cozy country style and have fireplaces that are delightful for snowy or rainy days. We had one day of heavy, nonstop rain on our trip and didn't leave the cabin! Kitchen appliances and outdoor grill made it easy to do our own thing for food and breakfast provided had terrific home-made treats and fruit. This is a paradise for birders who will appreciate the many feeders around the grounds. The cabins are close enough to the restaurants of Sedona to be convenient, but far enough way from the developed areas to give a real nature feel. Highly recommended.

Peaceful and Affodable

My wife and I stayed in the Honeysuckle cabin last week. I can't begin to say enough about how great the place was!!

The surroundings of the cabins were awesome! The back of the property is bordered by the walls of Oak Creek Canyon. The front of the property is ibordered by the road and Oak Creek itself. In the evenings you could sit on the swing located on the porch and listen to the shallow rapids in Oak Creek which were mesmerizing.

The cabin was very clean and outfitted with everything you would need to stay there for an extended period of time. The kitchen was fully equipped with pots/pans and other necessary cooking equipment.

The cabin had a fireplace and sitting area. You could see the fireplace from the bed

There is a spacious front porch complete with grill and porch swing for two.

As if the cabins were not charming enough, they were run by the best hosts that you can imagine. Melina and Mike were very, very helpful in planning our time there. They booked a Jeep tour for us, and pointed us the right direction to see the sights in Sedona. I cannot stress how helpful and kind they were to us.

Happy Honeymooners in Paradise

Where to begin? Mike and Milena were the most outgoing and helpful hosts my new husband and I have ever had. They gave us an abundance of ideas and recommendations so we could enjoy our visit to its fullest. Their knowledge of the area was very helpful they always got us from point A to point B with no problems. Their cabins are cozy and romantic, and right out our balcony door was a magnificant view of the red rocks. Inside, my husband and I especially enjoyed the whirlpool and the loft bedroom. In the morning we would enjoy fresh homemade muffins, danish, cinnamon rolls, and fresh fruit prepared by our hosts with a variety of beverages. We were there for a week and a half and during that time it felt like our lives were put on hold so we could enjoy the beautiful surroundings and hospitality. Thank you Mike and Milena you couldn't have made our honeymoon any better.

Loved the cabin!

If you ever get out to Sedona, you must bypass all the hotels in town and head up towards the Canyon Wren Cabins! My husband and I spent a week in one of the cabins and had a wonderful time. Mike and Milena are the most wonderful host and hostess. Fresh fruit and muffins every morning for breakfast.. and the muffins are made by Mike and they are wonderful!
Everytime I think back on our trip to Arizona I remember the sound of birds chirping everywhere. Glen and I both had one of the most relaxing vacations we've had in a long long time.
We were only 2 hours or so from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon so it was the perfect place to plan a day trip from.
The cabin was cozy, clean and I hate that I didn't get to spend more time in front of the fireplace or soak in the spa tub.
We could not have picked a more perfect place to stay. I wish I lived closer to Sedona, because I'd make sure I went to stay w/ Mike and Milena every year.

A lovely oasis

We stayed at CanyonWren (the morning glory cabin) for four nights beginning on May 21. We absolutely loved the oasis that Mike and Milena have created for their guests; their garden is so lush and alive. We loved drifting off to sleep to the sound of the water feature below our bedroom window. We loved waking up to the song of the birds. We loved the location, not too far from the heart of Sedona, but without the ruckus accompanying the endless t-shirt shops. We loved Milena’s warmth and hospitality. She is a knowledgeable host and a great source for local hiking, or any other, information. Their cabins are quaint and immaculately maintained -- a nice change from the usual stucco landscape of Sedona. It was a pleasure to spend time there.

Only place to stay in Sedona!

by TripAdvisor Member SammySushi

We honeymooned at the Canyon Wren in '90. Starting w/ our 10th Anniversary, we re-visited the Canyon Wren. After a 2 yr absence, we were just back for our 15th. We love the Wild Rose cabin. Mike and Milena are wonderful hosts and know how to take care of their guests. The cabins are comfortable, clean, peaceful.

The Wren is in Oak Creek, so it is cooler than Sedona proper. Some great hikes are in the general area: Sterling Pass is a quick walk down the road and a real butt kicker (6% grade up); West Fork is down the road and is an easy, scenic, cool temp, hike.

Comments