20 W. Highway 89a, Sedona, Arizona, 86339, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• worst customer experience ever

My husband reserved 2 nights at this resort to celebrate my birthday. On the way up to the hotel we were involved in a rollover collision. Thankfully we survived the incident, but we called the hotel right away to let them know that due to unforeseen circumstances, we were not going to be able to come, explaining we had just been involved in a rollover accident, our vehicle had been totaled, and we had pretty much just lost everything, all on my birthday mind you. The woman we spoke with said due to their "48 hour policy" they don't do refunds, but that she would talk with a manager and call us back. After waiting all evening, all the while still not able to make it home or to the hotel I called the hotel back (since they didn't call us back as promised). I explained in detail what had happened stating that I just couldn't believe they wouldn't refund our money after having such a horrible day and of no choice of our own. The manager on staff of course repeated the 48 hour policy phrase. When I pressed further for any other options and how I just couldn't believe the lack of service given the circumstances, he actually stated smugly "well at least you're still alive". Having had such a traumatic accident, and then for their lack of understanding, and overall completely rude comments I will never go to this hotel and would caution anyone to stay away.

• worst customer experience ever

More about Sedona

Green Lipped Mussels at Fournos RestaurantGreen Lipped Mussels at Fournos Restaurant

Outside Dining areaOutside Dining area

HorseHorse

Unique art in catus bedUnique art in catus bed

I am looking for something to do for new years eve in sedona.

by robbierusconi

I am looking for nightlife tonight for new years eve was wondering if anywhere had a some kind of celebration tonight in sedona? or just where the hotspots would be tonight.

Re: I am looking for something to do for new years eve in sedona.

by jeanfinney

Hope you found something; indeed you might have found something extraordinary! - once I was visiting Sedona and in a bookstore with a view on one of those incredible formations, this one had a flat top, the guy said that on New Year's Eve he had seen a space ship taking on from it, or the whole top of the rock blasting off, I can't remember- I asked him what he was on and he just shrugged his shoulders as if to say, "hey, this is normal, you don't need drugs to see such things!" !!:) Happy New Year!

Travel Tips for Sedona

Arizona National History Association

by Yaqui

Although, the vista is open year-round. The Arizona National History Association's booth is seasonal, yet currently open 7 days a week when open. It has lots of wonderful information inside and has a gift shop.

Red Rock Ranger District
P.O. Box 20249, Sedona AZ 86341
(928) 282-4119

Drive south from Flagstaff on AZ 89A 14 miles to Oak Creek Canyon Vista or north from Sedona 13 miles.

Oak Creek Canyon Vista Point

The Verde Valley.

by Jerelis

The Verde Valley, which includes Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon, is located in north central Arizona. The Verde Valley is a high desert region south of the Mogollon Rim, which is the southern edge of the Colorado Plateau.

The greater Sedona area is situated in Arizona's famous red rock country tucked under the base of the Mogollon Rim. This includes Oak Creek Canyon to the north and Jacks Canyon to the southeast, plus several other more remote canyons to the west. The oldest rocks visible in this area date from about 1.8 billion years ago.

Sedona

by HeidiR

Some people say if you have a limited time in Arizona to miss out Sedona. I personally think it is a must, there are certain parts that you should spend little time in, such as the very touristy centre but Sedona has a whole range of beautiful walks. Although the touristy centre is extremely touristy I don't think it is that over priced.

The temperature range in Sedona will vary greatly, apparently it is a great place to go to cool down from Phoenix in Summer. On average it is about 20 F lower than Phoenix due to its level above sea level.

There are plenty of walks and places that you can go 4WD (alternatively you could go on a 4WD tour in a Pink jeep). Sedona is famous for its vortexes and the art galleries.

We went on some very nice walks around the bell rock and to devils bridge. Along the river at muddslide park.

A red rock pass to park your car costs $20 a year butdail passes are available too.

On your way from Phoenix to...

by Pierre_Rouss

On your way from Phoenix to Flagstaff, an easy place to miss because you are in a hurry to get to the Grand Canyon is Sedona. The small detour from the main highway is barely a detour and certainly not wasted. The colors of the rocks are incredible; red, orange and yellow. The colors are even deeper at sunrise and sunset, it’s unbelievable. The site was used a lot in the old western movies. A good bet would be to get a place in Sedona instead of Flagstaff for the evening from Phoenix, arrive early enough to drive around, enjoy the sunset and dinner in town, wake up early to glimpse at the sunrise, re’zoom’ your journey to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon to get there not to late in the morning.

Fishing, Hunting and Firearm Use

by joiwatani

Fishing and hunting on the national forest in Red Rock Country are allowed under Arizona State Game and Fish Regulations.

If you are an avid fisher and hunter, make sure to stop by the Information Center and get the copy of the regulations. Or you can access this at www.azgfd.com for more information.

Shooting is prohibited within 150 yards of any residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site, or occupied area and shooting across roads, trails, or bodies of water is prohibited. Hunting is also prohibited within the city limits of Sedona.

Fishing licences are available at most sporting goods stores, grocery stores, and through the the Arizona Game and Fish Department. My favorite memory of Sedona is drinking my tea at a local restaurant and overlooking the majestic red rocks on the background. I enjoyed the view and the relaxing sight of nature. The weather is warm and the sky is so blue!

Comments